View Poll Results: What classic Disney animated film would make the best new darkride for Fantasyland?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sleaping Beauty

19 13.67%
  • Cinderella

8 5.76%
  • Fantasia

17 12.23%
  • 101 Dalmations

10 7.19%
  • Beauty and the Beast

33 23.74%
  • The Little Mermaid

39 28.06%
  • Mickey & Friends

3 2.16%
  • Other: Explain your choice

10 7.19%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Animatronic

How about a good Pooh ride in Fantasyland? Pooh use to play at the Fantasyland Theate so he sort of belongs in Fantasyland, plus, the evil sucky pooh ride over in Bear County could be removed and sold on e-bay (for those who like painted plywood).

• Vehicle rotating backward

Beauty & The Beast not only has characters that would look amazing as animatronics (could you imagine an animatronic Beast with the fur and claws and flowing cape?) and dark ride statues, but also has a perfect soundtrack with a song for each scene of the ride and that Fantasyland happy ending.

i have to say it would be easy to put a fatasia ride in the old boat cruise area. they actually call that area fantasia gardens right now. you would take some kind of water skimming 4 person carrier. and you could create a cave and see many of the popular characters from fantasia like the alligators and hippos, the flying whale, the flamingo with the yoyo, the little hoved babies, donald and daisy in noahs ark apperal, even socerer mickey, no dinosaurs. it would be a nice slow moving dark ride with music.
    Last edited by felixthequick; 04-29-2005 at 06:33 AM. Reason: punc.

• is satisfactual.

I think Beauty and the Beast has a great deal of unexploited potential. Personally I think it's the best fairy tale Disney has done to date, as well as being the most "modern" classic fairy tale (oxymoron, I realise, but you get my drift), as its characters are anything but two-dimensional and the film feels quite mature and intelligent. Plus the artistry and music are wonderful.

So in short, I'd vote for The Little Mermaid.

I'd say beauty and the beast. If it was a traditional dark ride the current architecture would fit in perfectly with the beauty and the beast theme, i.e. the old european village (like b and the b).
    Or they could build an e ticket in the festival arena area, theres so many possibilites with this film (an enchanted castle, recognisable characters, well known songs, and a story with lots of depth and good old fashioned disney storytelling).

Matt

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    i dont see why disneyland couldnt put in all sorts of new rides... i am still really curiouse to see what they put into the old MBC area...

I used to live in Japan and while I was there my whole family had passes to disneyland... and there castel walk through was more than just your typical walk through... It was like an elevator dark ride... the only thing that I really remember (seeing as how I was only 6) was that you walk out of the elevator and standing there is a giant crocodial and you have to walk pass the scarryness of it all to get to the next part... Why not something like that... I can understand there reasonings for shutting down the walk throught... but I dont like it...

My vote it for a beauty and the beast ride... althought I do like the idea of a cave ride for fantasia... I think of the aladin cave in story book land... I also think that there is some room in the walk way between fantasy land and frounteer land... where the train cars used to go... why not something there... I know that i personally thought that a Atlantis ride would be amazing in the MBC area... I have the whole ride all drawn out... just need a way to get it inside to the right people...
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by xerotheory142
    or maybe something like "Simba's Escape." (ok, technically, a "classic") you could be innocently going through the elephant graveyard when suddenly the hyenas show up, a chase ensues, yaddayaddayadda.
    that would be perfect in adventureland.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    I think Beauty and the Beast has a great deal of unexploited potential. Personally I think it's the best fairy tale Disney has done to date, as well as being the most "modern" classic fairy tale (oxymoron, I realise, but you get my drift), as its characters are anything but two-dimensional and the film feels quite mature and intelligent. Plus the artistry and music are wonderful.

So in short, I'd vote for The Little Mermaid.

DYING LAUGHING RIGHT NOW!!!!

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234