Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

Re: Fantasyland Theatre Makeover!!!!

Snow White was astonishingly expensive and usually played to crowds that peaked at half-capacity. It's unsurprising that they're getting rid of it, especially for a proven and lucrative concept. I would have preferred to see that space become an attraction (a ride or a new show), but hey.

I agree with the above posts. DL needs more shows. I remember at one point they were running the "Spirit of Pocahontas" and the "Festival of fools" simultaneously, plus the Hercules day parade, Light Magic, Fantasmic, and the Fireworks. All in one day.
    Animazement was a fun show, I wish they would think more along those lines. I hope this new concept fails hard!

Maybe this is the real reason Matt Quit. Is there anything too low for Jay to stoop too?

• Hit it, Skip!

Eh, I just find it annoying that they're basically just putting in another gift shop. oh, and people will definitely pay for it too, darn.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I don't think this is a permanent change, due to the fact that it's the "Year of a Million Dreams" campaign.

Yeah, they're removing bleachers for what they're going to do for the one year that they doll up little girls. But it's not like it was stated anywhere that it was going to remain a meet and greet area as such for all eternity. I think it's just for the campaign, and once it's over they'll put in new bleachers and a new show...

• Minion

Disney seems to be heading down a dark path in regards to entertainment. But hey, as long as it keeps one segment of the population happy...

• Down Pluto!

Yup. As long as there are Dads willing to cough $50 for a princess walk for their little whiners, they will continue with the Pressler era thinking of rip out the good stuff for a quick sale.

Let's hope there is a MAJOR housecleaning of TDA soon. Starting with the cretin who convinced anyone that tearing into the theater for a princess meet & greet was a good idea.

Oy...

• Banned User

Always remember......Walt disney was all about change to Disneyland.

• FastPass n00b

Videopolis...to this. Actually, this is just the kind of family segregation that made Walt build Disneyland in the first place. But now Disney is not only content to separate age groups, now they are separating GENDERS as well. This stunt seems right out of Marketing 101 and has no real appeal whatsoever for a place like Disneyland.

I'm thinking Jay Rasulo probably felt a little powerless over the past few years watching everyone underneath him control everything so he stepped in to justify his executive salary. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be too bright when it comes to theme park execution...he's incredibly adept at hiring the right people at Disneyland though. I guess his major skill is management which he better stick with because his operations skills are lacking, to say the least.

But then I think about how he not only let an executive like Ouimet go, but practically wrote Matt's pink slip with the ongoing power struggles, and then I think he's not too bright at management either, lol. Even Pressler knew Jay's position was a figurehead, his influence seemed to diminish quite rapidly after he was promoted since Pressler just sat back and got a paycheck for basically being a figurehead on Eisner's good side.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz
    Always remember......Walt disney was all about change to Disneyland.
    Walt was all about Progress... not regression.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I am very thankful I dont have princess age little girls!!! This is not what I want to go to DL for , to spend more $ on things that suck my kids in,I dont think this was Walts concept of entertainment and change, and the incredible waste of valuable DL time getting the clothes, the makeover and parading around. Very disappointing. A stage show even as one as poor as Snow White at least had some merrit to show kids the art form of a stage production and a first time experience of theater, this has not merrit except the drainning of ones wallet.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE
    I am very thankful I dont have princess age little girls!!! This is not what I want to go to DL for , to spend more $ on things that suck my kids in,I dont think this was Walts concept of entertainment and change, and the incredible waste of valuable DL time getting the clothes, the makeover and parading around. Very disappointing. A stage show even as one as poor as Snow White at least had some merrit to show kids the art form of a stage production and a first time experience of theater, this has not merrit except the drainning of ones wallet.
    I agree. Just because Snow White wasn't the best of shows, doesn't mean they couldn't have added a better show that would've attracted more of an audience. Disneyland is lacking on shows and this won't be a draw for adults unless they have kids (or money) and is essentially the samething as the Jedi Academy that will replace Club Buzz. Why couldn't it have been one or the other, with another show? (Either at the Fantasyland Theatre or Club Buzz?)

I thought Disneyland was for everyone, not just kids.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEars
    Why on earth are they using that area for a stupid meet-n-greet with the Disney Princesses???
    Well, I can think of some reasons. Meet-and-greet is very important to many of the guests, very. I have no use for it personally, but last time I took my niece to Disneyland, it was an eye-opener, believe me. It's way important to them, and I think the kids deserve it.

Sure, it could be done in front of the castle or behind the castle, but if they're going to try this on a larger scale, that could be a serious traffic nightmare.

It may be that they are closing the Snow White show anyway; by putting this meet and greet in the area, you at least have something going on in the space. It looks terrible when an area is shuttered and abandoned--"closed" signs were something we saw way too much of during the Pressler era. So now there's going to be some activity there, and this doesn't mean that they aren't going to put in a new show eventually.

The merch approach is too devious, though, and sounds bad for Disney's image. If I were a parent, I would totally resent that Disney is using this area to manipulate the children into begging the parents to spend all that money on the dresses and makeovers and stuff.

• Waiting Since 1992

I actually heard down the grapevine that they didn't want to put anything too permanent there for now, since it may be converted very soon into something even better; an attraction, etc.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

yuck I want theater, not an attraction!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast