Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Angry Fantasyland Theatre Makeover!!!!

You know, not much gets me too irritated when Disney decides to do something *off the wall*, but when I read Al's post today and found out what Disney is doing to the Fantasyland Theatre after Snow White is gone, I was so irate!!

Why on earth are they using that area for a stupid meet-n-greet with the Disney Princesses??? What a waste of space, if you ask me!!! And by what I can tell, the stage itself won't even be used.

That stage was built for stage shows and other big events, not to host some lame meet-n-greet!! I was really looking forward to seeing a new show, and now I hear about this. Awful, just an awful waste of space!!!

I could understand if this was temporary, but when they talk about removing bleachers and seats, then that sounds pretty permanent. Now, if they plan on building a new stage for stage shows, then great. But that doesn't seem likely.

Am I alone in feeling this way or do any other MiceChatters feel like me? Perhaps they're doing this to save on cost, but whatever the reason, it's ridiculous! I only hope this new venue flops and they realize that the Fantasyland Theatre is meant for hosting stage shows, just like they've done since it first opened in 1986. And don't forget when the Space Stage (now HISTA) hosted so many different stage shows too!

Disney, you really blew it this time!!!

Re: Fantasyland Theatre Makeover!!!!

seems stupid to me too!

• Minion

I think they should bring back Animazement!

• ...TWO BITS!

I'm with you all the way. I'm very disappointed. I thought they were going to have a Disney Princess Musical Revue to replace Snow White. Personally, I wasn't very impressed with SNow White, but I liked that it was a stage show.

I think that cottage/ Fantasyland SKyway station would have been big enough for the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire/ Biddy Body Boutique, right??

Having the princess makeover is okay at the resort, but they didn't have to take away a whole theater!

I'm glad the TL Terrace is coming back. Jedi Training Academy doesn't annoy me as much- cause it's not a HUGE change like the Princess thang.

So that's what I would have done: Princess Makeover= Fantasyland Skyway Station. Fantasyland Theater= Princess Musical Revue

EDIT: I also think they should bring back Animazement

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Man of Logic and Reason

I thought the reason for the castle, courtyard areas, and wishing well was to host princess meet and greets. Will they all be relegated to the debunked Fantasyland theatre? Seems like a waste, a stinking, profitable waste.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Seriously how many of you have even watched snow white? it is just another reason to stay out. If you ask me, I am sorta disappointed...but just be thankful the MGM Studios version of Fantasmic isn't going in!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

It seems to me like a return to the Pressler era. Find a way to cut expenses somewhere, whether people like it or not, and make something else out of it that either costs less or can turn a buck.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kronos
    Seriously how many of you have even watched snow white? it is just another reason to stay out. If you ask me, I am sorta disappointed...but just be thankful the MGM Studios version of Fantasmic isn't going in!
    I actually watched the SW show, and altho it wasn't one of my favorites, at least it was a stage show.

Well, I guess if Build-A-Bear and Build-A-Whore work for Downtown Disney...

</cynic>
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEars
    I actually watched the SW show, and altho it wasn't one of my favorites, at least it was a stage show.
    Haha, did you read my post? "I wasn't very impressed with SNow White, but I liked that it was a stage show."

Anyways, I need to ask this question again:
    "I think that cottage/ Fantasyland SKyway station would have been big enough for the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire/ Biddy Body Boutique, right??"

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Anyways, I need to ask this question again:
    "I think that cottage/ Fantasyland SKyway station would have been big enough for the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire/ Biddy Body Boutique, right??"
    I don't think it could handle it. Can you imagine a line on stairs like that. Not to mention handicap accessibility.
    Mike

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEars
    You know, not much gets me too irritated when Disney decides to do something *off the wall*, but when I read Al's post today and found out what Disney is doing to the Fantasyland Theatre after Snow White is gone, I was so irate!!

Why on earth are they using that area for a stupid meet-n-greet with the Disney Princesses??? What a waste of space, if you ask me!!! And by what I can tell, the stage itself won't even be used.
    Sweetheart! Welcome to WDW's management style. How do you think we felt when we found out the subs would be gone for real in exchange of a Winnie the "Poo" Playground no one cares to play in?? Why do you think theyhad to bring out the rubberheads into that area after the place opened and not too many people cared to go down the 3 ft. slide. Now, tell me how you feel about Goofy's bounce House at DL.

• Wonderful World

Quote Originally Posted by neuhickman79
    I think they should bring back Animazement!
    Yea that show was actually decent. I mean I don't really like the SW show but don't replace a huge area of the park with another meet and greet area.
    I'm back MiceChat

• Tower of Tower Nut

Sad Re: Fantasyland Theatre Makeover!!!!

it will be a waste of the space.

SAD! just SAD!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

NOOO, Disneyland needs all forms of entertainment! Theater being a huge one!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast