Late Sept Crowds

"On another board" the question was asked about if they thought the crowds in mid to end of Sept would be light or heavy. They seemed to believe they would be heavy.I can't remember WHY they said that. I can't see why they would be if kids are back in school.

I'll be there end of Sept and was wondering your opinions

thanks
    Janette

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Late Sept Crowds

According to the Anaheim Convention Center's Calendar of Events, here's some of the groups visiting the area:
    New York Life Insurance
    09/22/06

09/27/06

North American Reptile Breeders Conference
    09/23/06

09/24/06

ISSO
    09/23/06

09/23/06

American Business Women's Association Convention
    09/28/06

09/30/06

California International Auto Show
    10/04/06

10/08/06
    http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

The business womens convention may or may not effect the crowds. Everything else will be over by then. I'm hoping for a light day who knows.

thanks
    Janette

• Oh bother!

Maybe people are going to cram in one last visit for the 50th before it's over - that's what we're doing! Also, I think certain AP's stop being blocked after Labour Day in September.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• For You!

We usually go the end of September - and crowds have never been a problem - but the 50th has thrown a monkey wrench into things before!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Actually crowds aren't that bad. It depends on whether or not HMH is open yet. But whether it is or not it will be nothing like the summer months!

Don't forget that GayDays are in early October.

Last year, the off season certain;y didn't feel like the off season. With all the 50th stuff going on, there were still crowds even on week days. I guess school isn't that important these days. With the 50th ending October 2nd, we could very well see a repeat of last year. But, in any case, I still encourage to go on week days.

I was there last September at the end of the month. Friday/Saturday were very busy, just like summer. Sunday was less so, though still busy in the late morning up until 7:30 or so. Monday was markedly less busy, and Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday were walk-on days.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Flint
    I was there last September at the end of the month. Friday/Saturday were very busy, just like summer. Sunday was less so, though still busy in the late morning up until 7:30 or so. Monday was markedly less busy, and Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday were walk-on days.
    That's when I was there too. My time in the park was between 5 September and 9 September and then again the following week after a three-night trip to Vegas. (We left Anaheim again on the 19th).

It was marginally busier during the mid-September week, but that was largely because we went on a Saturday. The first week, in early September, was quiet as a quiet thing creeping along and being very quiet. We literally walked onto all the major rides and attractions during that first week.

Also, keep in mind there will be a few closures in September this year (list from Mouse Planet):

Matterhorn Bobsleds closed August 28 - November 22 for complete refurbishment.

Haunted Mansion closed September 5 - 28 for installation of Haunted Mansion Overlay.

Golden Horseshoe closed September 5 - October 6 for refurbishment, kitchen update, and menu change.

Disneyland Railroad closed September 18 - 22 for unknown reasons, probably general maintenance.

Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular dark September 11 - October 1.

That may mean some of the other attractions are more crowded as a result. There is also:

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. September 15-17.

Hope that helps some.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• For You!

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    That's when I was there too. My time in the park was between 5 September and 9 September and then again the following week after a three-night trip to Vegas. (We left Anaheim again on the 19th).

It was marginally busier during the mid-September week, but that was largely because we went on a Saturday. The first week, in early September, was quiet as a quiet thing creeping along and being very quiet. We literally walked onto all the major rides and attractions during that first week.

Also, keep in mind there will be a few closures in September this year (list from Mouse Planet):

Haunted Mansion closed September 5 - 28 for installation of Haunted Mansion Overlay.

Golden Horseshoe closed September 5 - October 6 for refurbishment, kitchen update, and menu change.

Disneyland Railroad closed September 18 - 22 for unknown reasons, probably general maintenance.

That may mean some of the other attractions are more crowded as a result. There is also:

Hope that helps some.

And that's why it's called the off-season!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    And that's why it's called the off-season!
    Strange, because there was nowhere near that amount of stuff closed last year. Only thing I couldn't go on due to closure was California Screamin'. However, that was due to an unrelated malfunction. Was stuff kept open longer last year due to the 50th?

Mind you, I was lucky with Haunted Mansion. Went on it the first week I was there, and it was closed for the refurb the following week.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis

Hope that helps some.
    Why do you think about the list?
    This is why Disneyland pick this month to Fix the rides.
    weekday are light No lines to get on rides
    the weekend are still crows and wait on rides that are still open.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney
    Why do you think about the list?
    This is why Disneyland pick this month to Fix the rides.
    weekday are light No lines to get on rides
    the weekend are still crows and wait on rides that are still open.
    I simply mentioned the list because I wanted to add that the place WILL be quieter in September, but to bear in mind that there will be all those closures as well. Something to add to the crowd size discussion. That's all. Pros and cons. That sort of thing.

I guess I must have done the equivalent of walking into a Disney chat with spinach in my teeth!