Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disneyland Freak

Hey I was at the last one... I didn't get a lei...

• Do I seem familiar?

I once read about Dole making a strawberry pineapple flavor for their Whips. Was it only available in Hawaii? A Dole While Float would've been nice last Monday...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    I believe the Offenbach number was cut in the late 90's (perhaps 97). It shaved about 5 minutes from the show.
    Personally I think it's better without that number. It really slowed the whole pace of the show down greatly.

Thank god it's on the CD

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I can't wait for Tiki to open!

(It's was really difficult making it all the way through this thread,
    I kept seeing a face that made me lose my lunch and dinner
    Really Creepy face! Someone PLEASE make the ugly face go away!)

• Horizons

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    actually, I'd be content if they just brought the dole whip back. That's an attraction in itself!
    "Who wants an Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!"

(Sorry - one of these I'll have to clear the movie quotes out of my brain to make way for my Masters degree...)
    Attention Horizons passengers: You are invited to choose your own flight path back to the FuturePort.

It's not going to mimic the WDW "Under New Management" theme is it?

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc
    Thankfully, we are being spared. If I remember correctly, there is a rumor floating around that Dole has a stipulation in its sponsorship contract that the Enchanted Tiki Room must not change. It could really be a rumor.

I suppose that the negative reception of the Under New Management abomination in WDW has something to do with them not cloning that version in the DL Tiki Room. I have seen the WDW version. I hated it. I am a purist when it comes to my Tiki Room.

Al talked about the latest news about the Tiki Refurb in his most recent column. If you scroll down to almost the end of this page, you will find the information about Tiki Room.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Horizons

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc
    I was never a big fan of that version, either. I can understand why they wanted to tie it into newer movies (Lion King and Aladdin), but it just wasn't a good fit.
    Attention Horizons passengers: You are invited to choose your own flight path back to the FuturePort.

• Dread Pirate Roberts #137

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    I have seen the WDW version. I hated it. I am a purist when it comes to my Tiki Room.
    What I wouldn't give for more guests like this. More power to ya! We want more people like this...more I say!

Pick up the slack, people! This ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are...well...you see where I'm going with this.
    Trivia: On April Fool's Day 2004, Disneyland guests found -- at the insistence of the board of directors -- the gigantic dragon featured in Fantasmic replaced with a gigantic Roy Disney (leading to a reprimand to the cast member playing Mickey Mouse when he hugged the giant instead of fighting it)

• Minion

i miss the tiki room. i wasnt able to attend the last show before they went down for rehab cuz i had to work. but hopefully im able to be there on the opening of it. i heard the tiki room song playing today in the esplanade at DL when i was there earlier and it made me sad cuz i couldnt see my show. but every time i walk by it, i think about the show that i miss and those pineapple whips and spears. i also peek inside the holes to see how they have gutted the place. i hope they get the tiki room back on schedule so it can open on time and not have its opening date pushed back.
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy95
    What I wouldn't give for more guests like this. More power to ya! We want more people like this...more I say!

Pick up the slack, people! This ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are...well...you see where I'm going with this.
    If I hadn't been blocked in, I would have walked out of the show. I am glad I stayed until the end to see Iago get blown up. :devil: It was the only redeeming quality of the show.

There are a lot of DL fans who are quite passionate about their Tiki Room.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    I have seen the WDW version. I hated it. I am a purist when it comes to my Tiki Room.
    Amen to that!! It was Walt's pride and joy, and WDW mauled theirs.

I've actually been working on a drawing of Aladdin dragging Iago out of the Tiki Room UNM by the tail feathers. :devil:
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

I heard it is still behind schedule.

Walt's love of Trains!

I wish WDW would learn from their mistake & restore their show back to it's original verision.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast