• A New Kind Of Villain

As it goes down for repairs, a look in pictures at "Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular"

As "Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular!" goes away for a few weeks due to much needed repairs to the theatre, I thought it would be interesting to those who haven't taken a look at it to see what they're missing. I happened to catch the 4 pm show on Sunday (07/30/06) with CrazyLegs and a few others and took plenty of pics for your enjoyment and discussion on what parts work or should be fixed. Unfortunately the carpet isn't working and given what I've heard, I doubt it will come back into operation until the show returns after the repairs.

Here's a look at the Hyperion theatre itself:

The Storyteller and the opening Cave of Wonders Scene:

Aladdin enters the scene in"One Jump Ahead":

Jasmine enters the scene:

More to come shortly...
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Earth Intruder

Re: As it goes down for repairs, a look in pictures at "Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular"

Thanks for the pics Sadako... but DAMN I thought it wasn't coming back..... I guess I'll have to use the cancellation of Aladdin as one of my "dreams" in October, while I munch on my free churro.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: As it goes down for repairs, a look in pictures at "Aladdin: A Musical Spectacula

Jafar saves Aladdin from certain doom:

Aladdin enters the Cave of Wonders:

The Genie enters the scene with "Friend Like Me":

Jafar makes the Sultan an 'Indecent Proposal':

"Prince Ali" announces he's found the love of his life:

Jasmine woefully sings her solo:

Prince Ali takes Jasmine to see "A Whole New World":

More still to come...
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: As it goes down for repairs, a look in pictures at "Aladdin: A Musical Spectacula

Aladdin tells the Genie he still needs him:

Jafar steals the lamp from Aladdin:

Jafar goes on a wishing rampage:

Jafar goes from Human to Snake to All-Powerful Genie!:

The Sultan grants his daughter's wish:

More shortly...
    Julie Rei

• A New Kind Of Villain

"A Whole New World" is reprised for the Grand Finale:

Company Bows:

Some people just can't contain their excitement at this show:

Love it or hate, that's the show and they're sticking to it. Personally, I don't think it's as bad as people make it seem. It's a good way to spend a nice relaxing hour in the cool air conditioning away from the crowds. If you have plenty of time to spare at the Disneyland Resort and need to add more to your itenarary, I say give it a try. But if you're only at Disneyland Resort for 1 or 2 days and can do a limited number of things, then don't worry about missing it.
    Julie Rei

• Closed Account

Re: As it goes down for repairs, a look in pictures at "Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular"

Holy Cow! There really is no need to see the show now! I wonder if someone were to take each image and cut/paste into Photoshop and convert it to a animated GIF we could watch the WHOLE show! It would be a whole new world...a new fantastic point of view!

• All you need is LOVE

Great photos Girl Was good to see them

• For You!

Just curious - has there ever been a different Jafar or Genie? Those two are the only ones that I've ever seen there -

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Part of Your World

Thanks for posting those! I was curious about this show, but no one ever wants to go see it with me. That giant moon scene looks really cool.

• Neep meep beep

I love this show! Great pictures, and it's really difficult to get those shots you did without flash.

Secret crush: The flying carpet. She's just gorgeous.