Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Official MC Thread Killer

I personally would love a Van Halen soundtrack!! I can imagine now zooming through Space Mountain with "Panama" blasting in my ears hehe
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Minion

Van Halen minus any vocals would be cool. I can't wait. They could go with Metalica's ride the lightning.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

OK I admit Van Halen DOES sound itimidating..but maybe they wont have vocals just guitar riffs and other rock stuff..hahaaha (im not into rock music) we might be all thinking that were actually gonna hear david le roth wailing inthe background...But i do agree at least they came thru with the 2 different audio tracks. Thats so dope to ride the same ride but have a different experience...Hmm u think thats why people like Indy? =P
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    To quote my non-Disney geek friend's "witty" response to the news:

Personally, I think it's cool to have an 80's edge back at Tomorrowland, because TL in the 80's just rocked!!!
    INDEED

• Minion

Well, I can think of bands I like better... But nothing that I think would work on the ride...
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

Being a fan of Van Halen (both Roth and Hagar eras, and Hagar's back with the band, by the way, they patched up their differences and have been touring successfully for the last year or so), I'm intrigued by this new soundtrack possibility and look forward to it. While I liked the Dick Dale guitar sound, I don't have a problem with a "music refurb" using one of the very best guitarists on the planet.

Given the fact that the nighttime Space Mountain will be called "Rock It Mountain", nothing says "Rock" quite like Van Halen, I say. They still have the chops, even if they don't have Top 10 hit singles anymore.

Maybe everyone would have preferred they go back to the 1977 original version of Space Mountain and have NO MUSIC AT ALL?
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• My Children's Father

voice your opinion

I encourage all readers of this thread to take a look here, if you haven't already ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I think it will be a great addition- I also think it will be a non-Disney geek draw to the park. We think it clashes, but I bet the average guest will think it is pretty cool, or at the very least, intriguing. I am not horrified by the idea- and remember- it can always be changed! Maybe it will be Van Halen for now and then change to something else later!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Circle of Ancients

Remember, this is just for "Rock-It" mountain.

As for a Van Halen vs. Van Hagar song, my guess is it's going to be strictly instrumental part of an existing Van Halen song.

As for which song would be used? I have no clue. I would think it may be something that could be changed from time to time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I think it will be a great addition- I also think it will be a non-Disney geek draw to the park. We think it clashes, but I bet the average guest will think it is pretty cool, or at the very least, intriguing. I am not horrified by the idea- and remember- it can always be changed! Maybe it will be Van Halen for now and then change to something else later!
    Who else might be good choices for Rockit Mountain, or any other variation of Space Mountain?

(Please, not Attilio Mineo's Man in Space With Sounds, like at the 1962 Seattle World's Fair....that really clashes with the speed of Space Mountain.....)

Although some Esquivel, Perrey & Kingsley, and the Ultra Lounge "Space Capades" retro-futuristic lounge music would do nicely as Tomorrowland area music....

How about Holst's The Planets for Space Mountain? "Mars, the Bringer of War" would do especially nice at the beginning climb and opening takeoff of the ride.....

My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Banned User

Van Halen is awesome.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    How about William Shatner- he has a new cd out and it would sure fit the theme!

Or better yet- Leonard Nemoy!!!!!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Did somebody say Rolling Stones??? lol

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    How about William Shatner- he has a new cd out and it would sure fit the theme!

Or better yet- Leonard Nemoy!!!!!

There once was a Captain named Kirk
    From an obscure Television quirk
    The fans were elated
    The show syndicated
    Now Kirk counts his cash with a smirk

OR

Kirk is really a ham
    singing "Mr. Tambourine Man"
    he's certainly killin'
    the likes of Bob Dylan
    Please grab the microphone....WHAM!!

http://www.shatnerology.com/poetry.html

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob66
    Who else might be good choices for Rockit Mountain, or any other variation of Space Mountain?

(Please, not Attilio Mineo's Man in Space With Sounds, like at the 1962 Seattle World's Fair....that really clashes with the speed of Space Mountain.....)

Although some Esquivel, Perrey & Kingsley, and the Ultra Lounge "Space Capades" retro-futuristic lounge music would do nicely as Tomorrowland area music....

How about Holst's The Planets for Space Mountain? "Mars, the Bringer of War" would do especially nice at the beginning climb and opening takeoff of the ride.....

Esquivel and the likes would be used in tomorrowland if cool people were in charge.

That's exactly what I would do with tomorrowland. It seems like it would make so much more sense, and it would be a lot easier to maintain, if they just went with a retro 60's tomorrowland theme. As far as tomorrowland is concerned, the white smooth era was always the most accepted as futuristic. We just aren't very good visionary's today, and it seems pointless to TRULY try for everything to be a showcase of future happenings. It would have less need for updating. It would be way rad. And I think even the general populus would enjoy it more.

Anyway, I love Dick Dale, and I really just don't see how just blatant 80's metal can ever compare to surf music through an intense space filter. It was SO very space mountain, that soundtrack. I guess secretly I was just hoping they would use the Dick Dale one for Rock It Mountain.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast