Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I think we are jumping to conclusions here- I am sure they are not using an old Van Halen single- there has probably been an entirely new song made just for this ride. Look at the band Velvet Revolver- 80's hair bands CAN get back together and make cool music. I am excited to hear what they might put together - lets try and give the imagineers a LITTLE bit of credit- after all- isn't a good taste in music what Disney is known for? People complained forever about how the music for "Remember......Dreams Come True" would be crappy and derivative turned out to be awesome!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    Remember, its only for the night rock it version.
    I think Van Halen can certainly pull off the kind of sound Disney is looking for on Space Mountain. They are cool enough, to be rockin, but not political or so bad *** that its un-Disney. I think Both Van Halen versions were pretty good, and maybe they aren't going to use singers anyway. They could just be playing a hard rock soundtrack.
    I'm just glad nobody mentioned that Chicone dude from Extreme that was lead singer for one very crappy album. Sammy is touring with VH this tour so maybe it will be with Hagar. I love Van Hagar.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Circle of Ancients

^ I do too ... They made some pretty good albums.

And it was Gary Cherone ... and yeah, that album was pretty bad.

• Minion

I already stated in another thread that I don't mind, as long as there are no vocals, and hopefully it wont be sound so embarrasingly like a 80s tacky hair band, it's Tomorrowland not the "Have a Nice Day Cafe" club. And they had better sound like they are trying too hard to sound hip, that would be sad. If all else fails though, there is always the option of mp3 players. :devil:

• It's all nonsense

Al didn't say this was final did he? I thought he said that the Van Halen music might not be in the final version.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Um, I will ride space mountain no matter WHAT kind of music they decide to throw in there, but Van Halen? WTF?
    I agree, just open it up and lets go ride

• Minion

Earth to The B-52's: you are needed on Space Mountain!

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    Earth to The B-52's: you are needed on Space Mountain!

YES! Planet CLaire works for me .......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

lets remember that eddie van halen did the guitar work for michael jackson's 'beat it' and that was a pretty popular song (even though MJ has gone nuts lately, you have to admit he was on top of the world in the early/mid 80's)

i think it wouldnt be out of the question for van halen to write an original piece for the ride, instead of just grabbing parts of their existing songs.....especially since its known that he's a fan of disneyland

• Greetings, Program!

Okay.....that's just surreal seeing Eddie standing in a place I've been myself many many times before.

Anyway, I'm pretty biased about this. Having been a VH fan since the age of 13, I was obviously very pleased with this rumor. I truly hope it comes to pass, simply because I think the right VH track will really enhance the frantic experience of SM. I wouldn't imagine that they'd use a Roth track as Hagar really came to represent the more "family friendly" side of the band during his 11 years with them. The kids that came to the Roth shows stoned out of their gourds would eventually bring their own children to the Hagar shows.

And (attn: DQ) as for anything NEW by Halen made especially for the ride.....don't count on it. There is so much strife right now within the Halen camp that despite last year's US tour, that it takes now nothing less than an act of god to get them all in the studio at the same time. If Disney uses anything at all from the VH catalog, you can bet it will be a Hagar track from the 80's ('Dreams' or 'Why Can't This Be Love' would be my sure bets).
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    There is so much strife right now within the Halen camp that despite last year's US tour, that it takes now nothing less than an act of god to get them all in the studio at the same time.
    well, if you think about it, eddie and alex have always gotten along.....and it really only takes those two to make a van halen instrumental

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Okay.....that's just surreal seeing Eddie standing in a place I've been myself many many times before.

Anyway, I'm pretty biased about this. Having been a VH fan since the age of 13, I was obviously very pleased with this rumor. I truly hope it comes to pass, simply because I think the right VH track will really enhance the frantic experience of SM. I wouldn't imagine that they'd use a Roth track as Hagar really came to represent the more "family friendly" side of the band during his 11 years with them. The kids that came to the Roth shows stoned out of their gourds would eventually bring their own children to the Hagar shows.

And (attn: DQ) as for anything NEW by Halen made especially for the ride.....don't count on it. There is so much strife right now within the Halen camp that despite last year's US tour, that it takes now nothing less than an act of god to get them all in the studio at the same time. If Disney uses anything at all from the VH catalog, you can bet it will be a Hagar track from the 80's ('Dreams' or 'Why Can't This Be Love' would be my sure bets).
    If that's all true, I wonder if Disney could find multiple appropriate tracks (and they would not have to limit it to VH songs) that fit the ride, and allow the riders to somehow vote for what gets played ... maybe have voting machines at the loading gates .... If you can fill a ride vehicle with your like-minded friends, you could choose a song you all like! Would that be cool or what?!
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mantrasia
    well, if you think about it, eddie and alex have always gotten along.....and it really only takes those two to make a van halen instrumental
    You're forgetting Michael Anthony. That dude plays an awesome bass guitar. I do miss his Jack Daniels bass though
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by mantrasia
    This is true.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast