• Sock Puppet

Mid-October Crowds

We just booked our vacation for Tuesday October, 17 until Saturday the 21 staying at the Candy Cane Inn for the first time. We'll be in the parks Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I expect Friday to be crowded especially during the evening, but I'm hoping the other days won't be too bad. I just wondered if anyone knows how the crowds should be by then. Last year we were there in October and there didn't really seem to be much of an off season like we're used to, so I'm hoping with the 50th being over things will die down a bit before our trip. Thanks.

Re: Mid-October Crowds

Unless they have a SoCal promo (i.e. discount) I don't think that it will be as crowded as last year. I take that you didn't win a Honda last year?

• Rock Star Minion

Should be fine, unless you'll be happy only with the place to yourself.
    Be sure to check the closures for that period. Don't want you to be disappointed when you get there (although it might make you disappointed now).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz
    Unless they have a SoCal promo (i.e. discount) I don't think that it will be as crowded as last year. I take that you didn't win a Honda last year?
    Sweet! Nope, no Honda .

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Should be fine, unless you'll be happy only with the place to yourself.
    Be sure to check the closures for that period. Don't want you to be disappointed when you get there (although it might make you disappointed now).
    I don't mind the crowds too much, I was just surprised how crowded it was last October during the week. The only thing that looks to be closed during our stay so far is the Matterhorn which is fine with me. This is our 6th Disneyland trip since I was 11 (I'm 17 now) and I think 3 times out of the 6 it's been closed. So I'm used to it haha.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by IcDkRy16
    We just booked our vacation for Tuesday October, 17 until Saturday the 21 staying at the Candy Cane Inn for the first time. We'll be in the parks Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I expect Friday to be crowded especially during the evening, but I'm hoping the other days won't be too bad. I just wondered if anyone knows how the crowds should be by then. Last year we were there in October and there didn't really seem to be much of an off season like we're used to, so I'm hoping with the 50th being over things will die down a bit before our trip. Thanks.
    The crowds will be really slim during the week and peak during Fri, Sat, Sun. Just as you expected. This is why I also planned my trip during the same time you did (actually I will be going Oct 15 - 19).

When I went in Feb. the week was dead and Friday was so packed that we couldn't find a spot to eat that wasn't 2+ hour waiting list. Thankfully I remembered about the Hungry Bear where it was dead enough for us to get some grub!