• Dreaming of Disneyland...

Urgent question about ap's!

Im planning on getting a deluxe ap this weekend. Im going satuday and plan on purchasing it that day. will that count as a blackout date? or can i go in on that day that i purchase it? or do i have to pay the ap amount plus the blockout fee? thanks in adavance
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• Minion

Re: Urgent question about ap's!

hmm good question, my guess would me it is not a true blockout day for you. I have actually wondered this in the past. You can always call Guest Relations or just go back on Sunday if they force you to pay the extra$$

• Space Mountain Fanboy

If you can afford the price difference, it really is worth it to get the Premium pass. The extra you pay is really made up for in the free parking and the 15% Discount.

IF you can afford it.

• Neep meep beep

The first day you purchase any pass is a day you can enter without paying a blockout fee, period. They want you to go in and take care of your business in the bank, and start the dates running.

Darkbeer has a thread on this, I believe, but that's the answer, and you're wise to take advantage of a blockout day to upgrade your pass or get a new one.

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    The first day you purchase any pass is a day you can enter without paying a blockout fee, period. They want you to go in and take care of your business in the bank, and start the dates running.

Darkbeer has a thread on this, I believe, but that's the answer, and you're wise to take advantage of a blockout day to upgrade your pass or get a new one.
    Thank you sooo much! you answered my question. I was afraid that they might be strict with the blockout dates.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

From experience I can tell you that they will let you in both parks for the day. My wife and I just bought AP's. I got the premium for the parking and they better discount. We got her the deluxe because she could get in on the blackout Saturday that we were there and we could upgrade her pass the next time we came on a blackout day. That way we didn't have to shell out all the money at one time.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrian
    If you can afford the price difference, it really is worth it to get the Premium pass. The extra you pay is really made up for in the free parking and the 15% Discount.

IF you can afford it.
    I agree. We never use parking, bc/ we just park at our hotel. However......we definately use the 15% discount at most restaurants. What really makes premiums worth it to us is the 10% discount on all merchandise in DL, DCA, and DtD!!!

We use our APs three times a year, for roughly about 5 days each. Even 15 days out of the year makes it worth getting a premium. Also, a lot of the time, we visit DL when I have a week off from school. We drive Fri, get there Sat, and then stay for 4 or 5 nights. It's nice not having to worry about blackout dates!!!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

when you buy that day park pass, If you are buy Ap pass that day Disneyland will add a discount your Ap pass the cost of the one day pass.

but you must first thing go to the ap center or the bank to get the discount. Disneyland may prorate the day pass.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31