Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

What group or song would you choose?

After Al's announcement of Van Halen music being played in Rock It Mountain, I started wondering who or what song would you choose?

I like the Van Halen choice, just curious which song it will be...Some of the other groups I might pick would be AC/DC, Led Zep, Aerosmith (except they've already been used in a Disney attraction). It's tough to think of any current groups since LA radio stations are soooo limited in the rock that is played (ok, don't get me on my soapbox about that subject). Maybe Foo Fighters or Offspring....

So what do you think???

• Baybeh!

The Darkness

No, not on your life!

Original music would be the only thing I would consider.

Maybe a re-mixed techo-palooza of past Tomorrowland theme music!

i think they should have a new dick dale soundtrack, the original was great!

• Resident Science Nerd

A small indie rock band called Dream Theater has some music that would be perfect on SM. They have a couple songs with a rockin' baseline and a cool melody. Also, metallica and like villans fan said, Foo Fighters would be awesome. But I'd be completly satisfied with Van Halen, it's a good choice.

• Minion

I liked Dick Dale.

I think using a band like Van Halen or Aerosmith, i.e. something so instantly recognizable, is really hokey. And Van Halen??! What is this, 1985?? If people want to complain about Nemo having nothing to do with the future, I want to hear people complain about friggin' Van Halen...

• Rawr...

Nightwish. Do it. It'd rock. I GREATLY reccomend them.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I think it depends on what exactly the Rock It Mountain effects are like, you have to pick a song or songs that work with everything else that goes with the ride. Personally I would like to see more of a rock instrumental, than a song with vocals. But I will be excited either way.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

LeeLi...cool i dont know that many peeps who know about Dream Theatre. Yeah theyd work but i thought the Dick Dale soundtrack was sweet.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLi
    A small indie rock band called Dream Theater has some music that would be perfect on SM. They have a couple songs with a rockin' baseline and a cool melody. Also, metallica and like villans fan said, Foo Fighters would be awesome. But I'd be completly satisfied with Van Halen, it's a good choice.
    Totally agree with Dream Theater. I would love Rob Zombie's Dragula or Powerman 2000 When Worlds Collide
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Metallica!!

• Minion

No doubt about it: The B-52's!

Planet Claire
    52 Miles West of Venus
    A cover of Jet Screamer's Eep Op Ork Ah-Ah
    ...or an original composition.

• Minion

Moby

We are all Made of Stars

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zissou
    LeeLi...cool i dont know that many peeps who know about Dream Theatre. Yeah theyd work but i thought the Dick Dale soundtrack was sweet.
    Man, I was into Dream Theater since the early 90's. Not many bands could pull off that Rush sound and still sound original. They would be perfect for Space Mountain. But I still would love Dragula by Rob Zombie. Hell, they should get Rob Zombie to do the soundtrack for Rock It Mountain. He did the soundtrack for the game Twisted Metal and a few stuff for Matrix. Rob Zombie would be the most awesome choice.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    I liked Dick Dale.

I think using a band like Van Halen or Aerosmith, i.e. something so instantly recognizable, is really hokey. And Van Halen??! What is this, 1985?? If people want to complain about Nemo having nothing to do with the future, I want to hear people complain about friggin' Van Halen...
    I could not agree with you anymore! I have a feeling that if they do use van halen, it's going to be as tacky as the band.

This seems like a tough call for Disney--choosing a sound that's going to appeal to everybody AND not offend anybody is difficult enough, plus the act has to be willing to let them use their music, and on terms Disney is willing to consider. Van Halen is fine by me--though I'm liking the Rob Zombie idea a lot, and B-52's too...

But who says it has to be the same soundtrack forever? How hard can it be to change it out sometimes?

Or, they could pull a "Horizons" and let everybody in the rockit vote for which music to play for that ridethrough by pressing soundtrack keys--everyone can choose, majority rules...

During summer I'd like to see if a DJ platform right in the middle of the mountain would work, a 3 hour guest DJ set right up until park closing.

Maybe Disney could have a contest and accept soundtrack submissions--if you win your mix would be out there for a week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast