Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Just Me

The toities at ESPN Zone (in the restaraunt area) have tv's over each stall in the ladies and over the urinals on the men's side of things. They also have the automated paper towel dispensers along with auto sinks and toities.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    The DTD bathrooms near Wetzels Pretzels have the automatic paper towel dispensers as well as the auto flushing toilets and the auto sinks.

I don't know about anyone else, but the automatic flush toilets scare my kids. I have spent many a potty trip covering the sensor so that they can not be stressed while using the potty.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

I think the first automatic sink I ever saw was actually in Tomorrowland at the MK. (I don't remember if the toilets were automatic... they could have been) I remember thinking how absolutely awesome it was and I figured it was an exclusive Tomorrowland thing (this had to be in the late 80s)

Then when other places started to get them, I was always a little dissapointed.

Yes the Crane Plumbing sponsored "Bathroom of Tomorrow" was in the park from April 5, 1956 until it was replaced by Fun Fotos on August 30, 1960. It was in the location where Mickey's Star Traders is located now.

Many of the early Tomorrowland attractions were thrown in last-minute and were operated by sponsors and not Disneyland. The Crane Plumbing bathroom was one of those. The Bathroom of Tomorrow was 20 foot wide and featured the latest in bathroom appliances, all from the Crane "Criterion" series. The toilet, shower, bidet and bathtub were all bright yellow. I suppose this change from the normal white fixtures indicated the "future"! The toilet had a "posture-correcting" seat (whatever that means), and a there was a 24-karat gold toilet paper holder. Also featured was the "Bathroom of Tomorrow" in miniature. This time all the fixtures were in pink. Next was the "Laundry of the Future"; which was no more than the latest washers & dryers found in your local stores. There also was a section called "Valves in Industry." And if that wasn't enough, you were invited to have "Fun with Water": a series of faucets that could be used to change the heights of columns of colored water. And you wouldn't have wanted to miss "Industrial Flow Control" where you could see the history of flow control.

Unfortunately, you couldn't use this futuristic bathroom as it was display only. Too bad.

• Drunken Disneyland Master

The Urnials

I think they should hook up the urnials with the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and you can help riders out by aiming at the aliens as you pee. (via the online partner option)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Drunk Dave @ DL
    I think they should hook up the urnials with the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and you can help riders out by aiming at the aliens as you pee. (via the online partner option)
    ROFL...need to cut down on the beer before posting, Dave! :devil:
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    the urinals should talk and say thank you when you leave
    That's the funniest thing i've read all day.

They should make an authentic Frontierland outhouse with a hole in the floor.

That would be fun

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lashbear
    And they need an automated sign that lights up when a guy steps up to a urinal. If he stays a certain distance (ie dribbling on the floor distance) the sign lights up with a *bing* and says:

Please, stand a little closer. It's shorter than you think !

LMAO!!
    that is so funny, i was in tears just getting the visual...or actually not he visual you guys know what I mean.....HAHA

• .8 miles from the park

forget the automated bathrooms...i wanna see a paperless bathroom....

• Pirate Princess

What if there were plasma screens in the restrooms that advertised for attractions/stores/areas of the park? It could be TL stuff only, like Star Tours as if it were a real travel company, Space Mountain as a different voyage, Autopia as a real race track or something, the shops as real space trading locations...etc...

Or you could have ads for things outside of TL too, like the Matterhorn, Toon Town, Frontierland etc.

I'm thinking about those old attraction posters--you know how they advertise? That kind of thing but in real commercials. Of course you could advertise dining locations too, Disney might actually make some more money that way. Plus for tourists who aren't familiar with the park, it would point out some "must-see" things if they aren't already sure of what there is to do at DL.

I know it sounds weird in the bathroom, but why not? If you're just sitting/standing there doing nothing, you might as well have something interesting to watch!

• Minion

This is a good (although be it funny) idea and it would be a start to a better tomorrowland.

• /sigh

Heck, I'd put one up in my own bathroom!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• My Children's Father

Could someone please explain the purpose of the "hands free" soap dispenser? I mean, even if the dispenser is dirty, you're about to wash your hands, right?

We have automatic toilets and faucets in the restrooms where I work. Usually one of the three faucetts has a dead battery. I'd hate to not have soap because of a dead battery .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Heck, I'd put one up in my own bathroom!
    The DL commercials TV?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast