Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face I know everyone has "issues" with Disneyland but let's focus on the positive...

Okay. I know everyone here has "issues" with Disneyland of yesterday, today and tomorrow... but could we maybe start a thread of all the positive and up lifiting aspects of Disneyland? You know, for all the new Micechatters and the many potential Mice Chat future members who are passing through MiceChat.com.

I'll go first.

In my recent trip to Disneyland I was shocked and pleasantly surprised at what happens when one touches the Golden Apple in front of Snow White's Scary Adventures and when one gets just too close to the leopard in Tarzan's Treehouse... I won't spoil it for the Disneyland newbies but both are perfect touches to the Disneyland experience.

What positive thoughts and/or opinions do you have about Disneyland?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Re: I know everyone has "issues" with Disneyland but let's focus on the positive...

There is nothing like that teal stairway in NOS when the park first opens up. Fantasy land is always the most enchanting right after opening or right before closing. Disneyland is full of wonderful CMs... nothing like a nice CM... it mends the spirit.

ALso.. life is not complete without a churro. Period.

Oh! And the all of the plant life! HOw amazing is it? I love how pristine and kept everything is.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• All you need is LOVE

Re: I know everyone has "issues" with Disneyland but let's focus on the positive...

I just <3 Disneyland

• Lost in Wonderland

I absolutely love Disneyland. The atmosphere there beats anywhere in the world for me! I appreciate all the detailing in all of the lands, and especially in NOS.

Despite that not everyone will like the new changes in some of the older rides, I appreciate the fact that Disneyland always tries to stay fresh and ever-changing.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

At the risk of repeating myself...Disneyland's been a part of my life for 45 years or more...and served as my employer for eight of those years.

"She's" (pardon my old fashioned reference) a great lady that just improves with age. Like in a great marriage, when you've had a more intimate relationship you see her, warts, imperfections and all...but you grow to love her more all the same.

I gave her some of the best time of my life.

She has given, and still gives me, some of the great thrills and memories and friendships of my life.

The first. The original. And still the best by far. Disneyland.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    The first. The original. And still the best by far. Disneyland.
    Couldn't agree more! [smilie=1,27,2]

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Alice in Wonderland was the first ride in Disneyland I rode after I entered the park. I went straight for the Matterhorn but then saw it... a dark ride based on my all time favorite Disney film, Alice in Wonderland.

The ride was down to due some problems but I waited... and then they started letting people in... The ride was unbelievable... the music, the sounds, the feeling of being in the film for just a few moments was such a memory that I continues today to be a moment that is incredibly hard to describe.

It's too bad on my next trip to WDW I can't ride an Alice in Wonderland themed dark ride... I guess i'll just have to go back to Disneyland!!!
    Micoofy Duck

Speaking of Snow White's Scary Adventures, I was thrilled the first time I saw the evil queen looking out of the second story window. It was the first time I realized that Disneyland had "hidden" things for guests to find. I think looking for all those little details adds a whole new layer of enjoyment to the park.

• Disneymom

Disneyland is always doing new things, like the hidden Mickey's and such but my favorites are still the origionals. I love everything about Disneyland and miss it when I am not there. It is like home for me. Fresh and inviting now matter how many times you go.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    Alice in Wonderland was the first ride in Disneyland I rode after I entered the park. I went straight for the Matterhorn but then saw it... a dark ride based on my all time favorite Disney film, Alice in Wonderland.

The ride was down to due some problems but I waited... and then they started letting people in... The ride was unbelievable... the music, the sounds, the feeling of being in the film for just a few moments was such a memory that I continues today to be a moment that is incredibly hard to describe.

It's too bad on my next trip to WDW I can't ride an Alice in Wonderland themed dark ride... I guess i'll just have to go back to Disneyland!!!
    This is the type of stuff we were hoping to get from you Microgoofy, as well as a trip report or pics, after your many questions. Plus, what advice served you well, and what advice you found useless, would be very helpful for future visitors. And where's your trip report, and/or pictures? Pay it forward!

I have been to Disneyland 23 of the 26 years that I have been alive. When I was younger I just loved the feeling I got when I left the hotel room for the first time in the morning. Because I live in Utah with no humidity when I was younger I associated humidity in the air with being at Disneyland. Once in a while I will get that same feeling here after a rain.

I used to love running through the park first thing in the morning to try and be the first person on Splash Mountain.

I love eating pancakes at the Riverbelle Terrace watching the Mark Twain circle around.

I love taking my son on Monsters, Inc. He will giggle with excitement when he sees the building.

I love that my wife has turned into as big a Disneyland nut as I have and we are making our fourth trip in five months this weekend. I don't know of any other place that could get her to make this drive so often. 9-10 hours in a car with a 2 year old is not everyones idea of fun.

theming. Whenever I see Universal or Busch or anyone else attempt a new land or park I always giggle; nice try.
    Someone else mentioned the Snow White queen in the Fantasyland window; that, and the now disabled jumping fish in the pond behind big adventure mountain, and the canlelights in the window at Haunted Mansion after dark, where my first experiences of the level of detail imagineers pack into the park, most of which the majority of people will never see or appreciate. I'm a big fan of detail, and Disney has it in spades. Plus, any park that sustains a veritable ecosystem of its own--cats, ducks, birds--is, in my opinion, more than a park, it's a land.
    The term theme park is bandied about all too loosely these days; mostly in a sad attempt to compete with Disney. Where I live, they dare to call Six Flags Elitch Gardens a theme park! rides with no facades, no queues, no effects and no story and a half-attempted mainstreet filled with colorless gift shops selling looney tunes merchandise makes a theme park not.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• Artsy Fartsy

I love how Disneyland brings out the kid in me. As if I wasn't already the biggest kid ever!!! I can just be me!! No one to tell me that I'm a grown adult with grown adult issues. It all just melts away the moment I step inside. I'm 9 years old again remembering what it was like to imagine and play. I can easily spend my days in the park.(My all time favorite wish)

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    This is the type of stuff we were hoping to get from you Microgoofy, as well as a trip report or pics, after your many questions. Plus, what advice served you well, and what advice you found useless, would be very helpful for future visitors. And where's your trip report, and/or pictures? Pay it forward!
    I'm currently working on posting some updates for all the MiceChatters. I'm also updating my blog from August 1st-31st on other aspects of my trip, good stuff there and good stuff to be posted here for all. Hope you don't worry too much Sir Frogberto, Micoofy Duck is working on an amazing post for you MiceChatters!
    Micoofy Duck

I know everyone has "issues" with Disneyland but let's focus on the positive...
    Is this sort of like:

"Enough about The Happiest Place On Earth...Let's talk about The Happiest Place On Earth!"

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast