Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Grumpy old man

Re: If You Could Bring Back A Ride From The Disney History Past....what Would It Be?

PeopleMover
    Adventure Thru Inner Space (because I never got to ride it)
    Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
    Jolly Trolly
    Goofy's Bounce House (a playground is very meh)

•   
    • Minion

Re: If You Could Bring Back A Ride From The Disney History Past....what Would It Be?

I would bring back the entire tomorrowland before it was remade in 86... The whole thing... Rocket Jets, America Sings, America the Beautiful in CircleVision-360, Mission to Mars, People Mover, SkyWay...

Other things I would bring back

Pirate Ship Restaurant and Skull Rock
    Mike Fink Keel Boats
    Country Bear Jamboree (Mile Long Bar)
    Motor Boat Cruise

Some of these rides should have never been allowed to fall into disrepair and simply mothballed. Period.
    Check out my other blog:

I would bring back the pack mules. As much fun as it is to watch the horses display their unique personalities while riding the Main Street trolley, I used to love being able to actually ride the mules. And sadly, nothing even remotely similar took their place.

I miss the Carousel of Progress, too, but I just don't know how that would work so many years later. That would be one huge leap from the 1940s to beyond 2006.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl
    Prob CaptinEO. I loved that movie!!! And Country Bears!! I miss CB!!
    you dont know how much im lovin you right now.
    Captain Eo is the best 3-D movie ever made. (its my opinon so dont argue with me)
    Country bears are tight. the WDW version blows compared to their west coast cousin.

plus...
    skyway
    and the subs... oh wait.
    Last edited by WRDup; 08-03-2006 at 03:30 PM.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad
    PeopleMover
    Adventure Thru Inner Space (because I never got to ride it)
    Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
    Jolly Trolly
    Goofy's Bounce House (a playground is very meh)
    It always irritates me that Disney can remove the Swiss family Treehouse and re theme it to Tarzan. Swiss Family is one of the most popular Disney live-action movies ever (and most profitable) and not knocking Tarzan (because I did like it) but it was hardly in the class of Swiss Family Robinson. I can watch SFR over and over again and still enjoy it. Tarzan was fun but does not have the lasting power or longevity of SFR. Is it just me?

www.magicalhotel.com

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: If You Could Bring Back A Ride From The Disney History Past....what Would It Be?

Although I generally prefer to move forward, the People Mover track is still there, although it may need retrofit work. If they returned it with a new equivilent of the Tron Tunnel, it would definitely restore some of the kinetic energy to Tomorrowland. I'd hope for fully solar powered or something if'n it does, though.

The ride I'd most like to experience again is Inner Space, although it would certainly seem dated now. I have one of those "personal connection" memories of that one (no, not kind of connection). I'd settle for a good video, but the only one I know of is the Extinct Attractions Club DVD which suffers greatly, lots of footage of black. I do think pursuing a modern version of that story idea would be great, in the vien of Flight to the Moon>Mission to Mars>Mission Space.

Never rode the mine train unless I was too young to remember, so I'd like to have a chance, but wouldn't swap BTMRR and the FL-FL trail for it. There is room for another attraction back there, although I like the quietness of that area as well. The DVD of that is good, though short. It's home movie stuff, some of which is funky, and B&W only in the cavern, but gives a good feel for the ride.

It seems likely I rode Horizons in Epcot in 1988, but don't really remember it. Ultimately though, Star Tours and Mission Space are moving forward by replacing that and Inner Space, and in places called Tomorrowland and Future World especially, that's a good thing.

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Sew the Skys together.

Even though I was never around to see these, It would have to be the People Mover and Adventure Through Inner Space. The PM just sounds so cool and ATIS sounds absolutely amazing.

A few others are Rocket Rods, Country Bear Jamboree and The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.
    Who was in the kitchen with Dina?

Other names?

Bri-Own?!, Brino, Brye-Bread, Brinoquito, Brian and Brinoceros

• Senior Minion

Peoplemover with Tron,
    Skyway,
    Adventures through Innerspace,
    And bring back the The Rocket Jets to where they were.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: If You Could Bring Back A Ride From The Disney History Past....what Would It Be?

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    And bring back the The Rocket Jets to where they were.
    Absolutely, back on the ground deep in Tomorrowland the way it was opening day.

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

I'd be happy to get back America Sings, Motorboat Cruise, the Peoplemover and Circlevision.

But as I was thinking of it, I would love it if Knott's would bring back Knott's Bear-y Tales.

• Banned User

Mine would be Peoplemover or rocket rods.

• Ian The Fox

For me, it'd be a tossup between the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland and the PeopleMover.
    Woof!

Peoplemover, Adventures through inner space (although I love Star Tours) and both "America Sings" and "Country Bear Jamboree." Nothing better than watching a cool (air conditioned) show during the hottest part of the day, and I miss all the extra long, sit down and look around rides (subs, peoplemover, skyway)

• Lost in Wonderland

Peoplemover! and the hole in the Matterhorn (meaning the Skyway). I miss the nice, slow arial views of Disneyland.

And I'd like them to bring back the teacups that spin...

• I met Walt Disney!

There are so many....

Carousel of Progress
    Country Bears
    Original Autopia (without the center guide!)
    Mine Train
    and, of course.... Adventure through Innerspace

If you haven't already, visit www.yesterland.com for some great memories.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast