Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: If You Could Bring Back A Ride From The Disney History Past....what Would It Be?

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick
    Absolutely, back on the ground deep in Tomorrowland the way it was opening day.

Cheers.
    Partially your answer was correct, only it was not open on opening day!
    The AstroJets were opened in 1956 on the ground. The attraction closed in 1966, only to be replaced the following year by the Rocket Jets from 1967 to 1997 on the upper deck above the Peoplemover. Disneyland opened to the press July 17th,1955. Offiically Disneyland opened to the public on the 18th. Just a little FYI. IMO I hope it goes back to the Upper deck where it should have stayed.
    Cheers back at ya.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Re: If You Could Bring Back A Ride From The Disney History Past....what Would It Be?

Peoplemover
    Captain EO
    Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse

(But i'm only 28, so there are probably some very cool rides that I never knew--those hover craft thingies look awesome!!!)

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: If You Could Bring Back A Ride From The Disney History Past....what Would It Be?

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Partially your answer was correct, only it was not open on opening day!
    The AstroJets were opened in 1956 on the ground. The attraction closed in 1966, only to be replaced the following year by the Rocket Jets from 1967 to 1997 on the upper deck above the Peoplemover. Disneyland opened to the press July 17th,1955. Offiically Disneyland opened to the public on the 18th. Just a little FYI. IMO I hope it goes back to the Upper deck where it should have stayed.
    Cheers back at ya.
    I was banking on no one remembering the name change. But I should have gotten the date right.

In all seriousness, it would be better elevated. I would have ridden it at night in WDW last year for the view had it not been for the wait.

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Minion

PeopleMover
    Skyway
    Swiss Family Treehouse
    Rocket Jets Up High
    Captain Hook Pirate Ship and Skull Rock
    Adventure Thru Inner Sapce
    Slue Foot Sue's Golden Horseshoe Revue
    Tahitian Terrace and Polynesian Revue
    Country Bear Jamboree
    Cascade Peak
    Fort Wilderness
    Walt Disney's version of Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln
    Carousel of Progress
    Flying Saucers
    Main Street Electrical Parade on Main Street
    House of the Future

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick
    The ride I'd most like to experience again is Inner Space, although it would certainly seem dated now. I have one of those "personal connection" memories of that one (no, not kind of connection). I'd settle for a good video, but the only one I know of is the Extinct Attractions Club DVD which suffers greatly, lots of footage of black.
    Try this:
    http://www.themightymicroscope.com/home.htm

I'm all for merlinjones list, with the exceptions of the Flying Saucers and The House Of The Future. It would be cheaper to bring Captain EO back, or another new movie than to tear all that out to replace the saucers; and House of the Future was a .
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Adventure Through Inner Space - it was my favorite ride.

Fluffy Club Member

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace
    oh, and of course.
    RIGHT ON!!!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

It's gotta be the Rocket Rods for me

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by oldhotelguy
    Maybe this doesn't count but what I would bring back are the Garden Villas at the Disneyland Hotel. They had huge rooms, were comfortable, close to shopping, close to the Monorail and I loved the 50's architecture. They oozed 50's.

www.magicalhotel.com
    I loved those rooms. You could put the whole family in there and not feel cramped. And they were so close to the Monorail and the Monorail Cafe!!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    I loved those rooms. You could put the whole family in there and not feel cramped. And they were so close to the Monorail and the Monorail Cafe!!
    Not to mention they were cheaper in price than the Tower rooms. I liked having my own bathroom...towards the end, most Garden Villas were two room suites. I remember once, we checked in at the Hotel and got an Oriental Garden room. This was way before I even considered writing a book on the Disneyland Hotel. After being in the room for ten minutes, my wife wanted out because it smelled so badly of cigarettes in the room. If I had only known at the time the signifigance of that room and how it was part of the very first iteration of the Disneyland Hotel, I would have just tolerated the room. At least I got to spend a short amount of time in it and I do remember it. What I wouldn't give to have those Garden Villa and Oriental Garden rooms open again.

www.magicalhotel.com

• Banned User

Skyway, MTTNW, MBC, old PM, AS, ATIS, Rocket Jets (back up where THEY belong!), and CBJ.

• Professional Chocoholic

SKYWAY!

Didn't even have to think about this one.

I would like the see the Country Bears come back as well as the motor boats.

• Monorail Racer

Tough choice. I'd probably go with the People Mover first, Skyway second and Country Bears third. The Flying Saucers were great and I'd love to have those back for a while.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

What about a Yesterland like the wonderful website? Maybe not the actual attraction due to budget and space but more an area where we 40 and 50 somethings can go to relive some of our childhood memories. Have scale models, displays, videos, souvenirs....all relating to Disneyland's rich history. A separate themed room for every different land from the past. Make retro guidebooks, retro paper items, T-shirts, videos/DVD's, sit-down shows, lots of pictures and artist's drawings. In my humble opinion, this would be a wonderful area where we can all bring back some happy memories and our children/grandchildren can learn about Disneyland's history.

www.magicalhotel.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast