Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Cretan

Re: If You Could Bring Back A Ride From The Disney History Past....what Would It Be?

People Mover, Skyway, Adventure through inner space, Mission to Mars, Rockets back where they're supposed to be, Country Bears, Bungalows at the hotel. DO IT!
    Stop being greedy.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker"

• Minion

Re: If You Could Bring Back A Ride From The Disney History Past....what Would It Be?

I would bring back:
    • People Mover
    • Country Bears Jamboree
    • America Sings
    • Adventures Through Inner Space
    • Skyway
    • Astro Orbitor back on top of the People Mover Platform

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by oldhotelguy
    What about a Yesterland like the wonderful website? Maybe not the actual attraction due to budget and space but more an area where we 40 and 50 somethings can go to relive some of our childhood memories. Have scale models, displays, videos, souvenirs....all relating to Disneyland's rich history. A separate themed room for every different land from the past. Make retro guidebooks, retro paper items, T-shirts, videos/DVD's, sit-down shows, lots of pictures and artist's drawings. In my humble opinion, this would be a wonderful area where we can all bring back some happy memories and our children/grandchildren can learn about Disneyland's history.

www.magicalhotel.com
    I would spend all my money there. Though, I'm not a 50 something yet.

• just the beernecessities

Rocket Jets at night was awesome, there would be a band playing at Tomorrowland Terrace and that part of the park was full of motion and activity. It is a shame that the center piece of Tomorrowland is just a pile of junk at this point. Adventure Through Inner Space was pretty cool and could be updated with todays technology.
    Last edited by HeyBaloo; 08-09-2006 at 10:00 AM.

• is on the rocks

My vote would have to be Adventure thru Inner Space. I LOVED that ride.

I never got to try the Flying Saucers - that would be a close second.

• If We Can Dream It...

Betcha can't guess which one attraction I would bring back!!! Go ahead and guess. I triple dog dare ya!!! Since this is on DL though, I would say bring back either America sings(relocate to MS perhaps?) or the peoplemover.
    - Horizonsfan

• Banned User

I would bring back the "who gives a **** in 3-D" Best ride EVER!

wurd
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 08-10-2006 at 09:16 AM.

I would LOVE to see the People Mover brought back. It gave the whole land a feeling of movement & excitement IMHO I would also like to see the Skyway back as well...I only rode it once on my very first visit to the park & fortunately I video'ed the ride.

Talking Re: If You Could Bring Back A Ride From The Disney History Past....what Would It Be?

Ah, the Carousel of Progress...I miss it. When I went to WDW 6 years ago I got to see it again and that dumb song just about brought (happy) tears to my eyes! I'd enjoy seeing CircleVision and going on Skyway ("the buckets") again too.

(Hey Kronos, remember me? I was one of the other crazy people who got up early to see the Mickey Balloon & you & I got to see the balloon up close, and then ended up watching the 51st "ceremony" together. I noticed you had "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" in your signature, but I know you're too young to remember Carousel of Progress! )

20.000 Leagues Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by nefer
    20.000 Leagues Walkthrough
    Awesome suggestion! I never got to see this attraction and would love to walk through it. I heard when they removed it, they just trashed it and broke things into pieces. How sad!

Another attraction that looked interesting was The World Beneath Us....I would ahev liked to see that too. I do remember seeing the Epcot model in Tomorrowland which always fascinated me.

www.magicalhotel.com

• Colorado Bound?

A reimagineered Inner Space with modern technology would be awesome.

Taking out this and Country Bears were silly ideas.
    -AmandasDad

• Premium Youngling and

People Mover

• MINIATURIZATION!!!....

Thumbs up Re: If You Could Bring Back A Ride From The Disney History Past....what Would It Be?

Quote Originally Posted by KDR
    First would be the PeopleMovers, second would be Journey Through Inner Space.
    Same for me but in reverse order!

Both rides were fast loading, fun, interesting, high capacity adventures that really gave Tomorrowland a taste of being TOMORROW... even as we have all become jaded, the attractions are still valid and helped provide a sense of "a world on the move" as opposed tot the really stagnant experience we get in the "future" year of 2007...
    Last edited by Atomobile; 08-10-2006 at 11:23 AM.

I would love to see the Peoplemover come back. I loved the little peeks at the other Tomorrowland rides.
    "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role." - Walt Disney

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast