Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• DisneylandDan

Applying for Club 33 Membership

So like a year ago I sent a letter to Disneyland attention Club 33. It had a nice cover page and was typed. I expressed my interest for being a member and wished to be put on the "list"( I heard the wait is up to 7 years). I never recieved anything back. Is this normal? How do I know if Im on the list? Any help is appreciated, Thanks,
    Goofster

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

• Neep meep beep

Re: Applying for Club 33 Membership

Because everything with Club 33 is responded to personally, it may take a while. Usually membership requests are noted and you're added to the waiting list without notification, normally. Patience is a virtue with Club 33.

• DisneylandDan

So just be patient? I just dont want to wait like 7 years and find out I never made it to the list.

• Banned User

But with a nice letter and cover page.

Thats just respect and curtoisy. Good job.

• Closed Account

Did your letterhead have some Fortune 500 logo emblazoned across the top? Did it say something like Law Offices of Goofster, Goofster, and DisneylandDan of Beverly Hills? If not, you may be in for a <Edited by WatchYourHeadNStep> looooooooooong (I hate spell check) wait!
    Last edited by WatchYourHeadNStep; 08-03-2006 at 10:02 AM.

• DisneylandDan

nice one. No I dont have a cover letter from Goofster of Beverly Hills Law Office. LOL. Im moving to Orange County soon and will have a much better job working for OCSD so maybe that will help. I dont know hopefully Im on the list.

Not to be contrary, but this has been discussed before (both here and on other Disney-oriented boards), and the way it works is this:

1) You write a letter of interest to Club 33.

2) Once they get through the huge stack of similar letters (I've been told it's anywhere between ten and twenty THOUSAND per year, and each one is responded to personally -- I have heard from several sources that it's taking over nine months to respond and may be closer to a year due to the incredible volume of interest letters received in the past year) and reach yours, they send you a small package. This includes a form to fill out.

3) You fill out that form, and mail it to Club 33. That form is what gets you on the list, not your initial letter. If you have not received a form and sent it in to Club 33, you are not on the wait list.

4) You then wait. And wait. Once your name reaches the top of the list, you will receive an invitation to join Club 33. Currently, people who are receiving invitations got their names on the list back in 1999. Which indicates a seven year wait once your name is on the list. Of course, you must take into consideration the fact that the amount of people getting on the list has increased dramatically in recent years, so the wait may actually be much longer than just seven years.

• DisneylandDan

hmmm well its been a year. I wonder if I should write another once I move to Orange County.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Though I cannot find any confirmation on the web, it is my understanding that when you are placed on the list, you are also required to post a non-refundable deposit.

I would follow up your letter with a phone call to Disney. It would be disappointing to wait seven years and find out your original letter was lost!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• DisneylandDan

Yah I think thats my next step because I dont want to wait 7 years only to find out my letter wasnt recieved. I guess Ill be calling.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

When I checked with others I know are on the list I was told there is no deposit. I wrote them several months ago myself and never heard back either. Luckily, I knew someone that had a copy of the form you have to send in so I made a copy of the form and mailed it in.

Aside, man I love that ring Kevin.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Though I cannot find any confirmation on the web, it is my understanding that when you are placed on the list, you are also required to post a non-refundable deposit.
    Unless things have changed in the recent past, your understanding is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1
    Aside, man I love that ring Kevin.
    Thanks, Mike. It's amazing how many comments I get on it, day in and day out.

• Closed Account

Gotsta love me some Wikipedia.com...

Club 33 is a private club located in the heart of the New Orleans Square section of Disneyland. Officially maintained as a "secret" feature of the theme park, the entrance of the club is located next to the Blue Bayou Restaurant at "33 Royal Street" with the entrance recognizable by an ornate address plate with the number 33 engraved on it. Club 33 members enjoy access to the club's exclusive restaurant that serves -- along with meals -- beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages. It is the only location within Disneyland to offer alcoholic beverages. Club 33 members are also privileged with access to the park 365 days a year. Club 33 offers individual and corporate memberships. Rumors are that the waiting list can be upwards of three to five years, and reports that the initiation fee is USD $10,000. The membership levels offered for individuals are Gold and Silver, with the main differentation being the number of days in advance a member can make reservations to use the Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster
    Yah I think thats my next step because I dont want to wait 7 years only to find out my letter wasnt recieved. I guess Ill be calling.
    Do you have an actual date when the letter was sent? If all you have is "like a year ago", and they get upwards of 1500 letters of inquiry a month, there may be no way for them to check. Did you, by any chance, write the letter on your computer and save a copy? Also, our minds tend to play tricks on us when we're waiting for something, and what seems "like a year" may actually be much less. It helps to be exact in these situations.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast