• Santa Barbara, CA

Anyone remember "Halyx"?

Sometime in the late seventies (I think), DL Entertainment created their own almost heavy metal band called "Halyx". It consisted of a female lead singer a guy in there somewhere and some wookie esque creatures playing the instruments. A kind of a "Star Wars meets Kiss" set up, they played the Tomorrowland Stage for a while with pyros and the typical glamrock in space effects. As i recall, the girl was somehow related to disney management in some way. I had a postcard of them once but wondered what happened to them. Anyone else see them?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Re: Anyone remember "Halyx"?

Sounds vaguely familiar. I went to DL in 1987, the year ST opened, and I do remember a cheesy band playing there, I was only seven. Incidentally, that's the only time I've ever seen that rising stage in operation.
    I like the concept though: ARE YOU READY TO ROCK DISNEYLAND?!?!?!?
    I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

I must have seen another cheezy band. From hiddenmickeys:

1. During the summer of '84, Disney, in connection, I was told, with the famous television music producer, Mike Post, developed a futuristic rock band, called HALYX, that played nightly at the Space Mountain Stage. It was after Star Wars had hit it big, and there was a menagerie of characters. A handsome pilot(lead guitarist), a beautiful space maiden(lead singer), a "wookie" type (bass guitarist), a soldier(looking very similar to one of the white soldiers in Star Wars) who drove out in a golf cart turned space ship to play his on board keyboards, and an undersized frog figure(percussionist). They played all summer but didn't make the cut,I guess, because they disbanded and went their separate ways. I took several hundred photographs of them and was sorry they didn't achieve stardom. Anybody else ever see this group? Enjoy, Larry P.
      REPORTED: Larry R. Patterson 24 MAY 99
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay
    I must have seen another cheezy band. From hiddenmickeys:

1. During the summer of '84, Disney, in connection, I was told, with the famous television music producer, Mike Post, developed a futuristic rock band, called HALYX, that played nightly at the Space Mountain Stage. It was after Star Wars had hit it big, and there was a menagerie of characters. A handsome pilot(lead guitarist), a beautiful space maiden(lead singer), a "wookie" type (bass guitarist), a soldier(looking very similar to one of the white soldiers in Star Wars) who drove out in a golf cart turned space ship to play his on board keyboards, and an undersized frog figure(percussionist). They played all summer but didn't make the cut,I guess, because they disbanded and went their separate ways. I took several hundred photographs of them and was sorry they didn't achieve stardom. Anybody else ever see this group? Enjoy, Larry P.
      REPORTED: Larry R. Patterson 24 MAY 99
    That's them!!!! you got it! thanks!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]