Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Tomorrowland "Spark"

Ten years ago, we would have never believed what Tomorrowland has become today. Before the preperations for the new Tomorrowland, Tomorrowland had this certain "spark" that automatically led us in this land with a sense of excitement and wonder. In today's Tomorrowland, we cant really say the same anymore cuz it doesnt even come come close to what Tomorrowland once was. Today, we can go on two thrill rides such as Space Mountain and Star Tours. We can have an interesting and fun time on the Disneyland Monorail and Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters. Autopia, Astro Orbiter and HISTA offer us a less thrilling time but still help to entertain. Innoventions, Club Buzz and Starcade are not exactly crowd pleasers. What else do u think this land desperately needs in order to get that spark that it once had that led people to this land like in the 1980's and early 1990's?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• CM for 4 years!

I hate to say it, because I personally love the Starcade, but they probably need to remove the Starcade and halve the size of the Star Trader, somehow combining that area with HISTA and making a great new D- or E-ticket to go in that big space.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    I think it needs a nice dark ride through space, going through the universe or something, running into aliens, almost getting killed by lasers!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

The land needs more motion, a people mover version 2.0 would help, preferably with something cool like freedom to spin the vehicle slowly like on buzz lightyear. Also they do need to work desperately on fixing the "yard sale" like area around the club buzz stage. The actual resturant itself looks futuristic but the rest of the area does not. They should also make improvements to autopia once the cheveron deal ends to bring them up to a more futuristic look. Also put the rocket jets up in the air, replace honey i shrunk the audience with alien encounter (yeah, like that will happen), move all of innoventions up to the 2nd floor and remove the outdated video games keeping stuff like the segway experience or asimo, put a 2008 or whenever version of carousel of progress on the lower level.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Arent they refurbing the rest.?

And yeah, isnt the peoplemover now supposidly coming back? RUMOURS RUMOURS RUMOURS

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Our subs need to return. I also think that the loss of cosmic waves did a lot of damage to the area because the movement was lost. The same goes with rocket rods. The rocket jets need to be restored to the only area where they work.

• Banned User

Here is what needs to be done to get the Spark back:

-Star Tours needs to become Star Tours II

-Space Mountain needs to open

-A new version of the Peoplemover needs to be put on the track

-Submarine Voyage needs to return (preferably WITHOUT NEMO)

-Honey! needs to be replaced with a new show or attraction possibly based on Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

- Starcade & Skyway Station need to be gutted/torn down to make way for a new attraction.

-Innoventions needs to be gutted and converted back into an AA show or a new ride

-Club Buzz needs to be changed to something like Tommorrowland Terrace or be demolished.

-Pizza Port needs to be replaced with a ride again

I think most people would agree with my points.

[QUOTE=Ghostbuster626]-Honey! needs to be replaced with a new show or attraction possibly based on Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy QUOTE]
    I just hope Hitchhiker's Guide is worhty enough of a feature to warrent an attraction nod. I think having the Peoplemover creating action in the front as well as restoring the Rocket Jets to their former location will help a lot. I'll admit I'm a big retro fan, and would like to see the Tomorroland Terrace fixture with the planters return to the top of the stage. I'd like to see more of the "what the future was" stuff worked into a revamp of the CoP, something showing the progress of sci-fi and all that jazz.

• Sock Puppet

Bring Back The Skyway Buckets!

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100th Dalmation
    Bring Back The Skyway Buckets!
    I seriously doubt this would happen. I want the Skyway back more than any ride at Disneyland, but it just isnt practical. They're pretty much removed the one station (above the Hatmosphere in Tomorrowland) and they put a little planter there. (Although I dont get it, the station must've been there until at least 2000, cuz I heard they used it as a bay for Rocket Rods).

Plus, the Skyway was a victim of pretty low capacity, slow loading etc. The Tokyo Disneyland Skyway, actually, didn't close because of that. It had an automatic loading procedure, and the buckets had glass, so you couldn't possible jump out or throw anything. If anything, I hope Disneyland (California) gets the Skyway that Tokyo used to have, because it solved almost all problems inherit with that type of ride! (Tokyo, if you wanna know, tore it down for a Pooh ride).

I don't get what was so good about the Peoplemover. Indeed, a resting, relaxing ride with nice views, but we tend not to mention that it was bumpy and pretty uncomfortable with the hard plastic seating. Plus, it had stopped looking futuristic by the 1980's.

Now I know what I will be told, and that's that a new Peoplemover would have new, sleek vehicles. But a lot of the pictures I've seen that people want them to use for new Peoplemover vehicles--well, it's just not going to happen. We'll probably get some basic vehicles that might look more futuristic, but nothing like the art seen on these boards.

Im not bashing anyone here. I'd rather not wait for long and be able to sit and rest and take in the sights for 15 minutes (Peoplemover) than wait three hours and blast around TL for 2 minutes (Rocket Rods). But I just don't GET why everyone is so excited about them bringing back the Peoplemover--AND ALSO, ITS NOT EVEN CONFIRMED. I love Al Lutz's updates, and what he says usually does come true, but we need to realize it's not gonna happen for like 2+ years, because Disney is very slow with construction most of the time. They took 3 years to build Rocket Rods when it could've been done in 6 months.

So basically What is so exciting about the fact that they MAY choose to bring back a ride in which you basically sit there and it tells you about rides you already know about? I mean, if you want to relax, why not just sit on a bench? Same difference.

About Atmosphere in TL, I do understand that the Peoplemover added "motion" but that's a little exagerrated. The thing moved so slowly, you could make an oil painting of a train before it passed you. I'm not saying I want a high speed ride either, but the Peoplemover was ridiculously slow.

Ideally, a new Peoplemover will employ futuristic technology, have a snazzier theme/name (NOTHING MOVIE BASED, PLEASE!!), and be entertaining. It should also go about 8-10mph (not fast, not slow, good pace!) and should not have any 2.0 in its name. It's really dumb to say "I'm gonna go ride Peoplemover 2.0" Of Course a new name would solve the 2.0 problem anyways.

Just remember not to get too excited about a Peoplemover just because Al Lutz says it's gonna happen.

And about the Rocket Jets, okay, 99% of adults won't ride them even if they do go up high. Why do you all want them back up high? Currently, yes, they clog the entrance and the Observatron is ugly, but how many of you are really going to take time out to ride the Rocket Jets if they're up high unless you have kids with you?

• Social Imagineer

Um, me. I loved the Rocket Jets when they were up high. Best view in the Park. And just for kids??? Pulease ... most of the adults I knew were too scared to ride them!

Great idea about using Hitchhiker's Guide as an attraction theme. If the movie's a hit, the brilliant folks at TDA should get around to making a synergystic attraction out of it by around 2036 or so!

Personally, I think the only thing left to do to improve tommorrowland - - after going back to the 80's with a return to white&blue, a new Star Tours, a revised Submarine Voyage, a revised Peoplemover and putting the Rocket Jets back where they belong - - would be to go a bit further back in time (how ironic) and get rid of that ugly, useless theater blocking the view of Space Mountain, and put an actual attraction inside that vast carousel building.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman

Personally, I think the only thing left to do to improve tommorrowland - - after going back to the 80's
    Do you realize what you just said? You said that to improve TOMORROWLAND, we should GO BACK to the 1980's?!?!?!

One of the most confusing things is that People say let's go back to the old days in the very land themed to the future!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Beginning with Tomorrowland 1998, it almost seemed as if the land had been intentionally targeted for demise. The subs... a Disneyland icon... closed. PM was removed in favor of Rocket Rods... then they were removed. Ciclevision was lost. Mission To Mars became a pizza restaurant. The Rocket Jets have always been just a carny ride, but up on their high perch, Disney themed them in a way to make them magic while providing a great visual above TL. Plopped down where they are today, they're just a carny ride again... and in the way. The giant rolling marble is a snore. HISTA is cute, but doesn't provide a great deal of repeatability. A marvelous rotating AA attraction became a glorified Circuit City. Space Mountain closed. They painted the whole thing brown. Perhaps unintentionally, the message changed from "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow!" to "It's dark and dreary and there's really not a whole lot to do in here." Who wants to visit a place where there is no hope? The Future That Never Was theme failed because of that and because none of the attractions related to it. The visuals were faux-Victorian but the attractions (that were left) were a trip-to-space motion simulator, a celebration of modern technology, kiddy kars and a Monorail. Where was there ONE attraction that related to the "theme?" The Tomorrowland that once had the youth and vitality of an imaginative teenager became an incoherent babbling old fool. The colorful and constant kinetic energy was replaced with an ugly pile of satellite dishes and other junk that barely managed to lift its head once an hour and play some music. Tomorrowland wasn't quite dead, but it was stumbling. It was almost not even a land anymore, but just a passage to get to The Matterhorn.
    Thank goodness for the recent changes. Hope is returning. Bright colors and movement are returning. New attractions have sprung up and the classic ones are returning. A doddering "old" Tomorrowland has been given the elixer of youth and the spark is returning.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005

And about the Rocket Jets, okay, 99% of adults won't ride them even if they do go up high. Why do you all want them back up high? Currently, yes, they clog the entrance and the Observatron is ugly, but how many of you are really going to take time out to ride the Rocket Jets if they're up high unless you have kids with you?
    I'm 55... and I will!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

In my opinion, Tomorrowland in WDW has that spark and it isn't much different from what the DL version will be once the People Mover and Astro Orbiter return to their previous glory. At that point, the DL version will also have the subs...

-Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast