Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• FastPass n00b

I did the Goat Trick for the first time

A recent trip to Disneyland was my first time since learning what the Goat Trick was and how to do it, so of course when I road Thunder Mountain I asked the CM if I could ride in the back and they told me I could. I got to sit on the far end in the farthest seat back, basically the absolute best position for the trick. Having no idea what would happen, I went down that second drop keeping my eye on the goat, twisting around to keep it in view until it was impossible to see and, wow, it was really weird.

It's really hard to describe the sensation in words, but it kind of feels like being flushed down a giant toilet. It feels like you're being sucked into a giant vortex or whirlpool or something and the g forces are like nothing else inside the park. It also stays in view for an unimaginable amount of time...you're like 180 degrees from the lift and down pretty far and you can still see it. It was REALLY fun and I'd like to thank you guys for bringing that to my attention.

I rode it again at night and although the drops and sounds were ultra scary during nighttime, the ride turns into a near Space Mountain since you can't see anything and the goat trick was extremely hard to pull off. Since the rear is dropping by the time you see the goat, you have to pinpoint it right away and that was made difficult since it is not lit up. I had trouble finding it and staying locked on it so it's definitely a daytime trick.

I strongly recommend asking the CM if you can sit in the back and try this neat trick, it really does work.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: I did the Goat Trick for the first time

We love the goat trick. Our son tried it for the first time on our last trip and loved it.

• Huh?

Did you try it on Small World, too?
    -Tim

• Say no to Assimilation

Wow, I feel kinda dumb for asking this but what is the goat trick and the Small workd trick?
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Banned User

I have never tryed or heard about this. Thanks for sharing. I'll try next week.

An extend goat trick: Sit in the back row and look backwards the entire ride. It's FUNNNNNNNN. You can't anticipate drops and turns.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie
    Wow, I feel kinda dumb for asking this but what is the goat trick and the Small workd trick?
    In Small World, keep your eye on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad's goat at all time and it'll send you into a brightly-coloured psychadelic trip filled with song.
    -Tim

• Hit it, Skip!

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie
    The goat trick is when you sit towards the back of the ride on thunder mountain, and when you get to the part where theres that goat chewing on dynamite, you stare at it and keep staring at it all the way down that spiral drop. something about having your head turned makes it feel like your being pushed outwards and heightens the effect. I think the small world one was a joke, by the way. I mean, you can try it on small world, but people will just look at you funny.

I used to make fun of my friends for going on and on about the goat, until I tried it myself and had to admit that it does work. It's also fun to attribute anything that happens to you during your stay at Disneyland (good or bad) to the Almighty Goat.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

When we were there on the same day as Athlon I tried the goat trick for the 3rd time. We sat in the back seat of the back car - which is the best spot on BTMRR aside from the goat trick and we always sit there regardless.

In any case, the goat trick still did not work for me after three tries. Oh well.

The Goat Trick, as I learned it about a decade ago, is to be in the last car and actually turn your whole body to face towards the goat side of the car (the inside of the turn) as much as you can while you go down that drop. Having your body in this position during the drop significantly increases the feeling of the drop and turn.

• Neep meep beep

Wow, the "Goat Trick" I paid $3.00 to see in Tijuana was much, much different.

• Closed Account

Talking Re: I did the Goat Trick for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I was going to go there after the second thread but I just knew Froggy couldn't resist so I therefore said to myself, "Self! Don't even attempt to go there or I may end up with another Bad Reputation marke against me!"

Thanks Froggy!

• I can't stand you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Usually its a horse but must of been some kinda of budget cuts or something?

Anyways I told my younger brother about the goat trick and he tried and felt real sick for half the ride but I guess the effects are different on some people

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

It makes me sick, too. Ugh, I totally have to close my eyes or I end up looking at it. It's like a car wreck- can't not look!
    A signature should go here.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

I tried it last time I went, and it didnt work. I feel cheated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast