Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Re: Why Does Everybody Hate The Pooh Ride?!

1) Not as many special effects than Tokyo and WDW!

2) Some people are still bummed aboout the bears.

3) Not as popular with Adults as is kids.

and Harris was not a good president but she was okay. She put down a classic without any secondd thoughts by the showup on the last day.

If only melvin could say" Would you look at that!" Perfect for the honey scene!
    Last edited by Walt Jr.; 08-05-2006 at 04:12 PM.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i think it's cute and perfect for the kids

People hate it because people who love Disneyland love to hate things about Disneyland.
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

• Professional Chocoholic

It's okay. Been on it once just as a point of reference and because there was no line (duh) after going on Splash Mtn (our fave family ride in the park). It's a big "so what". The rain effects and acid trip heffalumps part are cool, but the rest is a big yawn. Obviously aimed at very little kids. I love the animated Pooh movie a lot, but this is a pale Cliff Notes version of a classic film.

Never got to see Country Bears, it was up the first time hubby and I went, but we didn't go because we didn't realize it was going to shut down. We also had really limited time and it was my first trip so there was too much else to hit, so we skipped it. Big mistake!!

I do think that Pooh fits into Critter Country fine, but sure, it could go in FLand too, but that's already chockerblock. Critter Country makes sense to me.

Now if they'd just take out the FLand Theater and put in Skull Rock and Hook's Pirate Ship again...

• love my friends

I love this ride and so do my girls ages 5 and 3.........

Friends for life

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    If you've been on Tokyo's Pooh and saw what a great ride we couldn've had, you'd hate it too. Compared to Tokyo, DL's Pooh IS a carnival ride. They just missed out on a great opportunity for a wonderful ride when they built Pooh.
    Then I wonder what you'd think of WDW's version!!?? Pooh is MUCH better in DL. The Critter Country setting makes the ride much more interesting and asthetically pleasing. I like Pooh a lot.

• Defying gravity

You guys complain too much about Disneyland!!! It's the best (American) Disney theme park. If you visited the Magic Kingdom, you'd really have stuff to complain about!!!

CAN'T WE EVER JUST ENJOY DISNEYLAND INSTEAD OF CONSTANTLY COMPLAINING ABOUT IT???

(DCA, however, is another matter....)

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Pooh belongs in Fantasyland. Critter Country was home to animals, pooh is a toy and his character and personality are a the results of a young boy's fantasy. He does not exist as both toy and animal as Buzz Lightyear exists as the toy and the actual space ranger. Toon Town doesn't fit for Pooh either as Pooh lives in a specified place which not is Toon Town.

My biggest problem with Pooh is I never feel like I've actually been brought into the story. I know the shorts rely on the "book" format, but that does not mean the attraction has to. The whole time I feel like I'm being shown Pooh, not going along with Pooh. Why can we not be Christopher Robin?

If disappointment is never voiced it will go unnoticed. If Disney believes that products were secrety despise are enjoyed we shall only continue to receive despicable products.

i dont hate it...i dont love it either...i think when a ride is new...people have high expectations...especially since so many people here have their own ideas about how the park should be run...some of the ideas r really good too! and so when they hear about a new ride...get used to it...anticipate it...and then are dissapointed...it sucks...btw...what did it replace?

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Hey! Do not insult Harriss. She is one of the few people in tha horrible management that tried to make an effort to turn the park around once she became President without Pressler shooting down her ideas. If it weren't for her, we wouldn't have the Explorer Canoes anymore and a horribly run down King Arthur Carousel if she hadn't stepped in.

So, we should enshrine her memory because sometimes, every now and then, when she thought no one would notice, she did her job. Wow, Let's put her statute up with Walt and Mickey on the hub.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Santa Barbara, CA

Pooh represents the epitome of creativity from WDI. Pooh took plywood characters to a new level...the basement.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Dog Lover

I don't like the Pooh ride because it was cheaply done and the Country Bears just needed a new show not to be totally replaced by a cheap ride. I miss my Country Bears!! The Pooh ride was just poorly done and I think that is why a lot of people are upset since it is such a cheaply done ride and what it replaced was a much better show then the ride. Even if you did not like the Country Bears the show was much better then the Pooh ride and way more interactive I mean with the singing and clapping and all. Just my opinion.

• Bleh...

Pooh ride = more quick merch $$$

Weren't nobody buyin' up the Country Bear Paraphernalia.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by wizardcombat
    Pooh ride = more quick merch $$$

Weren't nobody buyin' up the Country Bear Paraphernalia.
    Let's face it the CBJ Vacation Howdown SUCKED and given their original script at first then a well written script (gee they aint using all those jokes from the old Golden Horseshoe review and I'll bet the Sunbonnets would be a scream in can can dancer outfits) the bears could fill a smaller set of theathers and move mountains of merch.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Bleh...

Ehhh, I don't necessarily HATE the Pooh ride, but it does seem like a quick and cheap cash-in, but that's pretty much the Disney ethos in a nutshell in recent years.

I'm still waiting for the official pronouncement of Fantasyland being renamed Princessland.

Any day now, I'd guess.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast