Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Collision speed....FULL!

Angry Why Does Everybody Hate The Pooh Ride?!

I have noticed a lot of threads that have people saying that Pooh is the worst ride in the park. Why do you hate it so much? Just because it replaced a classic? Just because it's not "new technology"? Just because Eisner was in charge? Just because you didn't like Pooh in the first place? I may be the only one but my self and the rest of my family thinks it's one of the best dark rides Disneyland has IMO. Why?

-Since it's pretty new the ride has nice bright colors.

-Neat effects like:

-The rain, looks really neat, along with the Water falls
    -Even though WDW has had it along time, I like the "floating" vehicles system, (like IJA), instead of a just a vehicle going along the track.
    -Theres's alot of projections that other rides don't have like the swirling honey pot and Pooh "dreaming away"
    -and there's the Pepper's ghost effect, where Pooh dreams away.

-The ride has nice transistions between scenes, instead of just opening a door to the next scene. Your in a windy a place, then it starts to rain, so you have to go in Pooh's house to stay dry, but Pooh has fallen a sleep and you get caught in his dream, ect..., ect...

- And the ride has 3-D figures instead of plywood flats like some of the other rides.

I think most of you think of the ride as something that took out a classic, and they put in something you hate, and not think of the ride itself. It may not be as high tech as indy or the next POTC, but I like the ride.

• For You!

Re: Why Does Everybody Hate The Pooh Ride?!

I love it! Although on thse boards, I'm in the minority. I think the music is so cute and the rumbly cars are great!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Collision speed....FULL!

And we love to have a Triple-chocolate fudge brownie while we are in the queue!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I think you're right. As far as dark rides go, Pooh compares favorably with Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, etc. If Pooh has been installed into Fantasyland, I think most would be OK with it.

Yep, Pooh's reputation is definately tarnished by some "unfair" factors:

1. A beloved classic was ripped out for it.
    2. It is in the wrong land!
    3. It spoils the atmosphere of the land it's in.
    4. Enough 2-year-old stuff, already!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

i LOVE the pooh ride. its cute

i went on WDWs and hated it...it looks cheaply done

• Hooterville, USA

It replaced CBJ and it is another "cheap" attraction. I like the ride but am not willing to walk that far just for Pooh. That part of the park needed something other than Splash to draw people. Pooh just doesn't measure up.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Popular Princess

i have mixed feelings. i like it but there's not enough eeyore. you see him twice and that's it (ok that's a silly reason, but it's true!)

i especially like getting off and going to get a caramel apple (esp. the honey pot one! mmm...my fave)

i just feeling like i'm in a drug induced dream in the heffalumps and woozles scene. otherwise you'll definitely hear me among the children screaming out the characters' names as we go by them!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• no flash photography...

I don't like the pooh on acid room, or the toddeler ...ummm...the way they talk in the ride seems like they are talking to toddelers and not to anyone who may ride it...I also hate the way the vehicle moves. The rolling movement makes me feel sick....I like looking at the heads from thr CBJ....

things I like...the wind, the water/rain....ummm...yeah thats it...I'm not even sure what the story is...it's a crappy weather day, pooh takes acid and it's his b-day....thats all I get out of it....

I don't care about what was replaced. I actually never got to see the CBJ. I had never been to the park until after it was closed.
    Pooh is just a bad ride. It's cheap and poorly done. They could've put a little more effort into it and made it a better attraction.
    My vote is --- Worst ride in the park

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I don't like the pooh on acid room,
    me too!

or the toddeler ...ummm...the way they talk in the ride seems liek they are talking to toddelers and not to anyone who may ride it...
    isn't that actually the way those characters talk (in the movies, the tv shows, etc.)? i think they're supposed to talk like their target audience. i will admit, though, that it is annoying.

I lie looking at the heads from thr CBJ....
    me too!!! i look at those EVERY time! if only they could still talk. just imagine the things they could say [smilie=2,24,15]

things I like...the wind, the water/rain....ummm...yeah thats it...I'm not even sure what the story is...it's a crappy weather day, pooh takes acid and it's his b-day....thats all I get out of it....
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• For You!

The story follows the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - a series of shorts. And the "acid trip" room follows the heffalump and woozles scene. (I think it was the era - did you see Dumbo's pink elephants on parade??)

Pooh has been in Critter Country for a long time - and he is a bear, so he'd fit in the former Bear Country. I think it fits in there really well -

And the fact that there's rarely a line is so great! The ride moves continually so it keeps the line moving.

Just my thoughts. - My son loves it so much that I taped it last time and he watches it daily.

• Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

I like it because my 3yr old LOVES it & the store right outside. If she is happy then I am happy!

• no flash photography...

I have the mindset that if a ride needs to be explained...it's not working....the fact that there is never a line tells me how good the ride is. Pooh isn't the only one though. Ponochio and snow white usually have very short lines also. IMO they are not the best rides, but pooh is so aimed at very young kids....it's just not something I enjoy...unless I had a very young kid with me I guess, but my duaghter is 15 and we just go on it about once a year for a good laugh and for the annual look at the heads.....or if we take new people to the park we make sure they ride it....for a good laugh and to see the CBJ heads...

• For You!

I'm 33 and enjoy it as much as the kids do! If you've seen the movie, you'll know the ride - just like any of the other "movie rides".

• Winter in Oceanside...

I don't hate it, but I do resent it because it replaced CNJ. But that isn't Pooh's fault!

It just isn't good enough to walk way over there! (Just lazy, I guess!) I don't mind that it is in Critter Country - Pooh is a critter after all, but if it was in Fantasyland with the other dark rides, I might ride it about as often as I ride Snow White.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast