Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Inappropriate

Oh...

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    And DisCo totally disagrees, and it is there money.

Space Mt., Star Tours, HISTA, Rocekt Rods, Chevron cars, Buzz, Nemo subs.... These ideas work because they won't grow stale in 5 years.

Edutainment does grow old in 5 years.
    Yes, Master. You have spoken. I must obey. We are never right. You are never wrong. HISTA will never grow old. Rocket Rods will never grow old and are still functioning perfectly today. Chevron cars will never grow old and fuel costs will always remain below 50 cents per gallon. It is much better to invest in proven low-risk ideas than to risk everything on a hunch.

No. THE problem is Walt's vision that DL will never be done. Sure, they'll always need to refurb and refresh and redo some of the rides and shows.... But Walt's vision of Tomorrowland required a complete rebuild from the ground up ever 10-15 years..... It was a financial disaster.
    How dare Walt have presumed to run his company his way. How dare he. You obviously know so much better than Walt Disney ever did. Thou art a genius, anointed by God and Savior to all us unwashed pathetic consumers.

They are working on scrapping Epcot Future World as quickly as money will allow. Motion = Test Track. Horizon = Mission Space. Land is gettng Soarin'. As money becomes available, they'll continue to rip out the stale edutainmenty stuff and replace it with thrill rides and cartoons.
    I have no interest in visiting such a standard, boring, creatively bankrupt park. I will choose to spend my money on other pursuits, perhaps at other company's amusement parks. Universal, perhaps, or Knott's.

Why should I bother to give Disneyland my money, when the Disney Company is steadfastly refusing to honor its own foundation?

Oh yes, but I should follow your philosophy of life -

I am a consumer. My purpose in life is to consume. I was born, I shall consume, then I shall die. This is the purpose of my life - to be a cog in the wheel of corporate commerce and to enrich others who decide for me that which will entertain me. I should be happy with my life. I do not need education, I need pizza, thrill rides, and cartoons. I need bread and circuses to keep my simple mind happy. There is no future except that which the corporation has decided for me.

I really do not like you or your very negative way of looking at things, Mr. dshlemiel. Good day to you, sir.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidspaceman
    I like having Edison Square built off of Main Street (Where it was originally suppose to be). Part of me likes that it could seque into CP, but how would you get over to there? Another part of me dosen't like messing with diluting the hub concept. But, back to CP. If it was done correctly, the only "wedge" that would need to be updated fro time to time would be the present day wedge. Of course the gap between the present day and the prior generation would be stretched as time went on. Maybe the first generation wedge would get knocked out and be replaced by the next generation wedge.
    Here's how I would approach the Edison Square entrance to CoP... Now, it wouldn't be themed to the White House, but it would have that basic flat-curve-flat shape on the facade. That way, Edison Square is walled off, and the only way to get to Tomorrow is through (the Carousel of ) Progress. Unless of course you used the second story of CoP to create a Time Machine ride, in which you end the ride thrown back into the past

Anyhoo... others have suggested in the past that the decade-decade-decade-indeterminate structure could be fixed by putting the first scene further in the past, and let the subsequent scenes be defined by innovations instead of time. I don't think you'd want to go back to caveman times. But, if Edison Square were partnered with Liberty Street, you could even have it separated into a Colonial home, a Frontier home, a turn-of-the-century home, and a "modern" suburban home from CoP's era. Then you take the Speedramp up to the Home of the Future. Then, you never have to update the final scene, just the Home.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Horizons inside Tomorrowland at DL could jhave worked with tomorrowland 2055... but the Future that never was wouldn't work with Horizons.... however ideas from the ride could be incorperated into a new Peoplemover.... where you have dead space show some of those ideas....

Innoventions is a calsssic building and is hard to do much with..... i cannot think of anything for it without removing the entire building.... unless it was the Flying Saucer idea.....

• Minion

Horizons is NOT edutainment. The only thing that came close to edutainment was the Omnisphere movie and maybe looking back to the Future. Otherwise, it is a very forward thinking look at how people ought to live in the future with Sea Castles, terraformed deserts, Coruscant looking cities and space stations and stuff...
    If given a script that would keep people a little more interested along with some cool effects for the multiple endings, then a new Horizons would make an excellent addition to Disneyland.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123