View Poll Results: Do you think there needs to bee more Snow White in the Fantasyland Ride?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 41.94%
  • No

36 58.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Santa Barbara, CA

Re: Do you think there is not enough Snow White in snow white's Scary Adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Well, you (the rider) are supposed to be Snow White...

Then who is that Girl with the dwarfs inside the cottage?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Santa Barbara, CA

Re: Do you think there is not enough Snow White in snow white's Scary Adventures?

It's just a bad 4th grade book report of the story that's all. The idea with all of those plywood dark rides is that they only make sense if you are previously familiar with the source material, as they only dramatize seminal moments in a story, not a direct linear retelling. They are not much more than a movie trailer in black light.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Minion

All these dark rides in FantasyLand should be ripped out and totally redone. It is about time. Use a lot of the new stuff WDI has and make the attraction tell the story better. I know these capture the highlights of those films but on other hand in this day and age when tend to pay attention to a little more of the details.
    Jason

• Iron-Clad Allie

Behind the scenes, Snow White is a demanding little primadonna. She's featured in almost every scene in the movie, as well as the Fantasyland play. Disneyland parades each showcase her riding all high and mighty, blowing kisses into the wind. Plus, the little "princess" receives DVD kickbacks up the ying yang.

Tell me...has DLR management ever allowed the evil queen to let her hair down and pretty up for autograph signing sessions? No way. Has she been invited to tell stories like other face characters do in the park? Of course not.

The poor thing has one cheesy moment in the spotlight, and everybody's all up in arms over it! Sure, she frequently scares the hell out of little kids who go on the ride, and makes them bawl their eyes out. But...hay!... Let's have some understanding people!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-06-2006 at 01:00 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Tell me...has DLR management ever asked the evil queen to take part in autograph signing sessions? No way.
    Not true. I saw her behind the Sleeping Beauty castle signing autographs and taking pictures with fans in that little villian photo-op area on June 30th. Really wish I would have went in the line to take a photo with her since my shirt did happen to have her on it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Well, you (the rider) are supposed to be Snow White...

Ditto.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Not true. I saw her behind the Sleeping Beauty castle signing autographs and taking pictures with fans in that little villian photo-op area on June 30th. Really wish I would have went in the line to take a photo with her since my shirt did happen to have her on it.

That would have rocked. At last, the evil one gets some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

I think you guys are complaining just to complain because everyone keeps saying the same things over and over again. Snow White's Scary Adventures is really not that hard to figure out. It's pretty self-explanatory. First you enter the Drarf house, with Snow White and them dancing. You go outside and see the Queen say "These Dwarves can't hide Snow White from me." She also says, "Soon I'll be fairest in the land." Then you immediately enter the mirror room, you see what the Queen is planning, thus she turns into the hideous old hag. You then see her at her cauldron conjuring up her spell (you know, the poison apple?). Then, you "follow" the Queen through the haunted forest and back to the Dwarf house, where she has given the apple to Snow White. Immediately you turn the corner and find the dwarves up on the cliff, where they have cornered the Queen. As you go under her, you hear lightening clash and hear her fall (to her death). Then you see the picture of Snow White and the Prince riding away. The Queen is dead, the spell is broken, she can now go with her prince and live "happily ever after..."

Come on people, you guys are the Disney nuts here, I shouldn't have to explain the story to you. If need be, I can explain the stories to the other Fantasyland dark rides, but I think they're painfully obvious stories.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I actually thought that the whole park could stand a little more Snow White action. There is the Grotto and the Scary Adventures, and the musical that is soon to be no more, but this is the story of the first feature animation we are talking about here. It's success practically allowed the Disney empire to be built. I'm just thinking there should be a bigger ride dedicated to it, something prominent. Not necessarily an E-Ticket, but something that thrills modern audiences.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Oh really now, does no one else appreciate the amazing hilarity of "And They All Lived Happily Ever After . . ." *SCREAM!!!!*

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    That, my dear Cousin, is not Snow White at all. That is actually "Seven Dwarf Number Eight". She is a top secret Disney creation. Originally, there were eight dwarfs, but after the seven little men figured out that their eighth brother was a girl, they immediately sent her into hiding. (This was after years of forcing her to be a migrant farm worker, locking her in the basement, and practically starving her to death.) For years, she lived as a restless native of the "Enchanted Forest". Even after being shunned by Walt Disney and robbed of the opportunity to appear in the film, she swore that someday she would reunite with her brothers. Well in 1983, she got that chance, but she had to go through an extreme makeover first. She began by cutting off her beard, and taking "Height Max" supplements. After that she was sent to the Imagineers at Disney and they painted her up to look like Snow White. So, the next time you go on Snow White, you will know that you are really seeing Girly, the eighth dwarf...

And now you know... the rest of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    She's a wicked tart with a ridiculous voice in an ugly frock living in delicious sin with 7 diminuitive Lotharios.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

How about removing Snow White and put in a Sleeping Beauty ride? That would be my vote. Snow White is the weak link in Fantasyland dark rides and the lines for it seem to show many people don't care about it anyway.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by mushufan
    How about removing Snow White and put in a Sleeping Beauty ride? That would be my vote. Snow White is the weak link in Fantasyland dark rides and the lines for it seem to show many people don't care about it anyway.
    I agree! (Of course seeing my signature I'm obviously biased).

Snow White really gets a lot of attention...her and Cinderella...and most of the other princesses often get shevled. Not cool.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by mushufan
    See, I think Snow White just needs to be redone and it will become, once again, the most popular dark ride in Fantasyland, like it was before 1983.

As for a Sleeping Beauty ride... ALL THE WAY... but not just an ordinary dark ride... Forget about tearing out the FL Theater for that build-a-princess monstrosity, and replace it with a SLEEPING BEAUTY E-TICKET! If one Disney film deserves an E-Ticket, it's definitely Sleeping Beauty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast