View Poll Results: Do you think there needs to bee more Snow White in the Fantasyland Ride?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 41.94%
  • No

36 58.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Red Face Do you think there is not enough Snow White in snow white's Scary Adventures?

Do you think there needs to be more Snow White and Happily Ever After in Snow White's Scart Adventures.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• e komo mai

Re: Do you think there is not enough Snow White in snow white's Scary Adventures?

Well, you (the rider) are supposed to be Snow White...

• It's all about Theme!

Re: Do you think there is not enough Snow White in snow white's Scary Adventures?

So why is Snow White at the beginning? She wasn't exactly suppoed to see the queen throughout the ride!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

Well in my idea, I would have at least 8 Snow White's - but that is my idea.

• love my friends

yep I totaly agree..... because................ we all know the story of snow white.. but still it doenst say the entire story on the ride...... even my girls ages 5 and 3 said what happened afterwards.. they said I know the prince kisses her and they get married, it doesnt say this on the ride....... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Friends for life

• The Fantasyland guy

how about... I dont like our version of Snow white? I want floridas version.

our's abruptly ends, and it bothers me.

• Inhospitable about happy

Until the 1983 revamp of the ride, Snow White did not appear AT ALL in the ride. Gemini Cricket is correct: you didn't see her because YOU are supposed to be SW. But the story goes that people didn't get this, and kept asking why SW didn't appear in her ride, so when they redid it they went ahead and put her in, despite the contradiction with the conceptual framework.

I think it was a mistake to put her in. You're still supposed to be SW, apparently, but then there she is on the stairway right in front of you. Actually, the old ride had its share of conceptual flaws too. Like the current show, it had a scene in which witch is on the hill threatening to push a boulder on you, but in the story SW is asleep in the forest coffin during that episode, so how can you "be" SW in that scene?

Definitely a "don't think too much about it" ride conceptually, cuz it falls apart.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2
    Like the current show, it had a scene in which witch is on the hill threatening to push a boulder on you, but in the story SW is asleep in the forest coffin during that episode, so how can you "be" SW in that scene?
    *Minor Point of Clarification: Snow White is actually lying "dead" on the floor is the dwarf's cottage. Small clarification, I know, but it is important. It just goes to show you that Snow White must have had ESP of some sort. Otherwise, what logical reason would she have had to clean the dwarfs' cottage and sweep the dusty floor!

• Minion

snow white's ride does not make any sense what-so-ever

about 90% of the time i go on that, whoever im with has that "what just happened?" look on their face when the ride's over

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Aniko~*~

about 90% of the time i go on that, whoever im with has that "what just happened?" look on their face when the ride's over
    I couldn't agree more. The ride just ends at the climatic scene. My wife and I always talk about how it just ends with no resolution.
    likes pizza likes beer likes Space Mountain

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Well, you (the rider) are supposed to be Snow White...

Yup.

The dark rides were created for you to be in the role of the hero/heroine, and to teach you the moral of a story. Snow White? Don't talk or take something from strangers, because they could be creepy people that want you dead. Mr. Toad? Don't drink and drive, or steal.

The ending never bothered me. The Witch was the main threat through the ride, she dies, ride over. What resolution is needed? The entire ride is escaping the clutches of the evil queen/witch....so I see no reason to add a scene with SW and her Prince. I would be wondering "who the heck is that guy?" And besides, we do have the mural at the end of the ride.

• Defying gravity

Yes, the ending needs much more clarification.

Witch falls off cliff = Snow White and the Prince live happily ever after

The MK version at least shows Snow White and the Prince kissing.

Actually, I don't believe Snow White even made an appearance in the ride until the 1983 Fantasyland refurb.

Walt Disney wanted the guest to feel that they were the character. However, no one understood this concept - so it was changed.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Aniko~*~

i know my mom was visiting from canada last year we took the girls on the ride again.. and mom said.. and......... and...... and.. where is the rest of the story.. hmmmmmmm

Friends for life

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Have none of you noticed what the background of the loading/unloading area is? It's Snow White and her prince riding off into the sunset. The resolution is right there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast