View Poll Results: What Would YOU Rather Have Country Bears Or Pooh

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Original Country Bears (Not the vaction version but the ORIGINAL)

159 65.43%
  • Pooh

31 12.76%
  • Nothing

3 1.23%
  • Bulldoze everything past Splash Mountain and Start Over Fresh

50 20.58%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Disney worshipper/geek

Re: Country Bears VS. Pooh. Who Would YOU Rather Have In Bear/Critter Country?

Yes, I agree with all of this. I just wondered about this particular spurt of opinion which kinda lies low then sort of pops-up again.

I thought they were intending to put CBJ in DCA. That would make me very happy, although, in my heart, it belongs in Critter Country.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Zero Blockout Dates

So while looking around during the many CBJ/Pooh threads I noticed this oneCountry Bears Escape!! .

Thinking, so Disney DID sell them (long story, short...a friend who's a CM tells me the remaining CBs will be going up for sale on eBay soon as they're just taking up space backstage) but as you can see below the bears at Frontier City, Oklahoma City or if fact NOT our bears. Man am I happy. Now I can go back to figuring out what internal organ I'll have to sell and if I can take a second out to buy Henery/Sammy or the Sun Bonnets if they ever do go up for sale

Last edited by Uzmati; 08-06-2006 at 12:11 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

I just wondered about this particular spurt of opinion which kinda lies low then sort of pops-up again.

I hope this wasn't the reason...

• People move me

How soon after the Country Bears movie did it close? I thought the movie would have sparked a new show or interest in the old..Im sure the movie was crap based on the fact you hear nothing about it. I never saw it.
    Last edited by Gigan; 08-05-2006 at 07:57 PM.
    Dont be frightend, I'm just a friendly Monster....

• Zero Blockout Dates

I love that pic ... sailerm's avatar that is. I've never seen the CB movie <note to self>
    Last edited by Uzmati; 08-05-2006 at 08:01 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

They weren't sold to Lester's Possum Park either!

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Gigan
    How soon after the Country Bears movie did it close? I thought the movie would have sparked a new show or interest in the old..Im sure the moovie was crap based on the fact you hear nothing about it. I never saw it.

SOURCE:Wikipedia

Trivia

• The Country Bears is a movie that was loosely based on The Country Bear Jamboree in which the bears have to save Country Bear Hall from demolition by a benefit concert. Ironically, the Disneyland version closed shortly before the movie came out.
    • The animal heads (Max, Buff and Melvin) can be seen hidden in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh dark ride at Disneyland, which replaced the Country Bear Playhouse there.
    • This attraction was originally sponsored by Pepsi-Cola and Frito-Lay for a few years. Not only did the show mention their sponsorships, but at the beginning, Henry even mentions part of Pepsi's old slogan at the time ("You've Got a Lot To Live; Pepsi's Got a Lot To Give!") by saying, "Just refrain from hibernatin' and we'll all enjoy the show, 'cause we've got a lot to give." When Pepsi's sponsorship of the attraction was dropped, only the mention by Henry of its sponsorship was dropped, but such was not the case for his introduction that included part of the slogan. It's still part of the attraction even today.
    • The exact same Audio Animatronic structure used for Big Al was reused to make up the structure of the Oogie Boogie Audio Animatronic in the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction at Disneyland until 2005.
    • This attraction was originally being designed for the Disney's Mineral King Ski Resort, which was never built due to enviromental concerns.
    • It was one of the last attractions that Walt Disney saw on the drawing board. at the time The Country Bear Jamboree project was assigned to Imagineer Marc Davis. One day Davis was working on drawings of the the characters in his office. Walt Disney walked in and saw the drawings and laughed because he loved the characters. On Walt's way out he turned to Marc Davis and said "Good Bye" which he was known never to say. a few days later he passed away on December 15, 1966.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm

They weren't sold to Lester's Possum Park either!

Dang, that looks interesting any chance Disney could buy IT for DCA? Something needs to replace Golden Dreams eventually
    Last edited by Uzmati; 08-05-2006 at 07:59 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Banned User

Start fresh.

• U. B. Bold

I liked the Country Bears. I liked Bear Country. But, then I'm a backwoodsy kind of guy. I would like too see the Bears return or something even better in their place.

I would also like to see the Bear of Very Little Brain removed to Fantasyland where he truly belongs - along side Mr Toad, Peter Pan and the rest of his contemporaries. Critter/Bear Country is an American location. Pooh is a very Brittish bear and does not belong there.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Dang, that looks interesting any chance Disney could buy IT for DCA?
    They couldn't afford it

If you guys haven't seen A Goofy Movie check it out if for this scene alone!

Edit:
    Dang, that looks interesting any chance Disney could buy IT for DCA?
    They Did, it's the Pooh Pooh ride!

Ok Its not that I HATE pooh I just think POOH belongs more in fantasyland. I actually think I would like it more there. Personally I would take out snow white and put in Pooh. I hate snow white, the way it is. Does not make sense to me. I totally miss the country bears.
    Janette

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Country Bears. I'm sorry, I wasn't a big Pooh fan from the start (though...i've no qualms with Tigger.), but after seeing the footage of the Tokyo Disney one...I was *vastly* underwhelmed. So, sorry...I'd rather have the hillbilly bears back than keep that horrible attempt at an attraction. xD I even saw concept art of a CBJ racing (dark?) ride by some imagineer...if they absolutely HAD to remove the show for something else, would've even rather of had them put that there.
    Last edited by GuardianDragon_Mushu; 08-06-2006 at 12:06 AM.

• Minion

Put Pooh in the Motor Boat Cruise - or better, build the cool Tokyo version where FL Theatre is now.

• Banned User

Why not have both Pooh and the Bears?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast