View Poll Results: What Would YOU Rather Have Country Bears Or Pooh

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Original Country Bears (Not the vaction version but the ORIGINAL)

159 65.43%
  • Pooh

31 12.76%
  • Nothing

3 1.23%
  • Bulldoze everything past Splash Mountain and Start Over Fresh

50 20.58%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Country Bears VS. Pooh. Who Would YOU Rather Have In Bear/Critter Country?

I love me some Country Bear Jamboree. I can't wait to see it again next weekend at WDW (yeah I know... shut up!). I've had the soundtrack record (yes, record) since I was a little kid and listened to it so much I know the whole show by heart. I love saying all the lines along with it. The CMs always get a kick out of it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by bryangharwood
    they should have a pooh vs. the country bears ride! and make it a really cool indianna jones type ride where it shows all the pooh characters in a heated bloody battle against the country bears! an call it Pooh Bear Vs. Country Bears: Fight For Critter Country. an like indy make the ride differant each time, like sometimes pooh wins an sometimes country bears win, an sometimes they both loose cuz nuclear weapons were involved... all in all i think it would please everyone on both sides of the debate! i should be an imagineer!

If this is going to be a FastPass ride, I'm headed over to get mine now.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by bryangharwood
    i should be an imagineer!
    uh, yeah.. sure. While you're out there...Don't forget to pitch your idea for the versus the "Old Yeller (post foaming) versus the Disney Princesses" Smacktacular Stunt Show.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    uh, yeah.. sure. While you're out there...Don't forget to pitch your idea for the versus the "Old Yeller (post foaming) versus the Disney Princesses" Smacktacular Stunt Show.
    I'd happily wait in a 90 minute queue to see that show.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Ok, just to start out, i did not vote on this thread. I know we all love the disneyland nostalga, but it really isnt fair to DLAND for you guys to say that you want something back when you only went on it a couple times during its time. WIth practically NO ATTENDANCE, it was smart to put a pretty popular ride from the other parks here. Everyone says it suppose to go to fantasyland, but it fits in critter country and the pooh corner. Just like it was a great concept to put a thrill ride where the PM was, and you diss rr for pm when you barely ever rode it.
    5 days a week

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

There was blood on the saddle...Mama Don't Whoop Little Buford...Come on up and...see me sometime...

Yes, bring back something of quality and bring back the original Country Bear Jamboree...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    WDW has both attractions. Tokyo Disneyland has both. So, why is it not possible for Disneyland to offer each of them? I'm partial to the option of bulldozing all of Critter Country, past Splash Mountain. Then, build a much larger Pooh ride building, install a ride/system that is as creative and advanced as that of TDR - if not more so.

Place the Country Bears in an "underground cave" (below Pooh) similar to the way DCA's Midway Mania is going to be located beneath California Screamin'. This would allow for the Pooh vehicles to dip down into the CB area at one or more points, and the animatronic Bear figures could "pop up" and make cameo appearances during the ride above.

The only reason that Critter Country has never been a phenomenal area is for it's lack of attractions, in terms of quality and quatity. If it wasn't for Splash Mountain, who would want to go there?
    Oooh! That's a terrific idea! And while at it, they could put in the latest AAs in the CBJ
    AND put in a version of the TDL Pooh w/ Roz technology thrown in. How neat
    it would be if Tigger really talked to your child!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    the reason I started this thread was to get an answer to the actual question "CBJs or Pooh"?

If it just between the two then I would rather have CBJ, although my vote went to tearing it all down and reinventing criter country.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati

SOURCE:Wikipedia

The exact same Audio Animatronic structure used for Big Al was reused to make up the structure of the Oogie Boogie Audio Animatronic in the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction at Disneyland until 2005.
    Are you Joking!!!
    Last edited by Walt Jr.; 08-07-2006 at 04:20 PM.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Zero Blockout Dates

Last edited by Uzmati; 08-07-2006 at 04:33 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

As much as I lubs me some bears, I have to say... Bulldoze it! Splash Mountain, too (rebuild it bigger!)!
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Flint
    As much as I lubs me some bears, I have to say... Bulldoze it! Splash Mountain, too (rebuild it bigger!)!
    Bulldoze eveything past HM and start fresh.
    Great area going to waste.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm

I hope this wasn't the reason...
    God, I hated that bear in the show, lol.

It was the only one who looked pissed off.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

One of the things I adore about the Disney parks is that you do not have to go on rides and still get your money's worth of vacation with shows, interactions and smiles. I have friends with several mobility issues and a day at the park can be very draining, but to sit in an a/c'd theatre without having to move in and out of chairs...it was truly a delight. What shows are really left?

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

I want to love Winnie the Pooh. I was hoping they would change the whole area to the 100 Acre Wood and start a whole new theme....

But clearly the ride is not a classic. It starts out fairly well but maybe if they re-did the nightmare sequence to not be so low-tech, it could be better.

Clearly as well, someone knew the bears would be missed as the three heads on the wall as a tribute will tell.

In the end, I love Pooh, but not this ride. I loved the Bears on any day of the week.

Bears 97%, Bear Poo 2%, Pooh 1%

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast