View Poll Results: What Would YOU Rather Have Country Bears Or Pooh

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Original Country Bears (Not the vaction version but the ORIGINAL)

159 65.43%
  • Pooh

31 12.76%
  • Nothing

3 1.23%
  • Bulldoze everything past Splash Mountain and Start Over Fresh

50 20.58%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Zero Blockout Dates

Country Bears VS. Pooh. Who Would YOU Rather Have In Bear/Critter Country?

Seems to me the question isn't being asked clearly enough.
    Which attraction would you rather have in Bear/Critter Country.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• It's all about Theme!

Re: Country Bears VS. Pooh. Who Would YOU Rather Have In Bear/Critter Country?

BEARS!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Country Bears.

• Banned User

Pooh is disappointing and I loathed the Country Bears. Other than to get to the canoes, my wife and I have avoided that entire corner of the park for years. It's time to demolish Critter Country and convert it into something Imaginative and entertaining: watching paint dry or plaster crack would offer a more exciting way to spend time than with either of those two attractions.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I am a Country Bear at heart. Yes I am .

• Disney worshipper/geek

I Loved the Country Bears and can be mildly amused by Pooh, because he's just so darn cute...

However, I voted to start fresh because I think they could somehow co-exist. Country Bears needs to go back, and Pooh could also be there if there were room.

I also thought Pooh could go to the old Fantasyland Skybuckets (actually term escaping me) landing. It is such a pretty building and it looks so sad and haunted over there by itself.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Dog Lover

I miss the Country Bears!! I don't like the Pooh ride it is totally cheaply done. I have only ridden it to try to find the Country Bear tribute and I always miss it since I don't know exactly where that tribute is on the ride. Will someone please tell me where they are so I can look on my next trip. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    I also thought Pooh could go to the old Fantasyland Skybuckets (actually term escaping me) landing. It is such a pretty building and it looks so sad and haunted over there by itself.
    The correct term is "Skyway to Tomorrowland".
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Disney worshipper/geek

I'll tell you, but, trust me, you're better off not looking. As you come out of the heffalump room, look up at the wall above you, and you will see their chins. As you pass into the room where Pooh is eating the honey happily, turn around and look...then the nightmares can commence.

Another thing I noticed, why has this become a rash of Country bears vs. Pooh ride threads all of a sudden? Is something going on concerning these attractions or does the rage once in a while just erupt against Pooh?
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• love my friends

I say pooh but hubby says country bears.. a riff n the family... LOL

Friends for life

• Dog Lover

I'll tell you, but, trust me, you're better off not looking. As you come out of the heffalump room, look up at the wall above you, and you will see their chins. As you pass into the room where Pooh is eating the honey happily, turn around and look...then the nightmares can commence.

Another thing I noticed, why has this become a rash of Country bears vs. Pooh ride threads all of a sudden? Is something going on concerning these attractions or does the rage once in a while just erupt against Pooh?

Thanks for the info will have to look. Thanks again!!

• Disney worshipper/geek

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Bear
    The correct term is "Skyway to Tomorrowland".
    Thank you! I was having one of those moments where you know you know something, but something else is blocking it, and a little voice in your head is screaming at you, "You idiot! You know this! Now people are going to think you're stupid because you can't remember it!"
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Zero Blockout Dates

the reason I started this thread was to get an answer to the actual question "CBJs or Pooh"?

I figured there would be those who would say something else or nothing at all so I added those options as well.

Do I have Pooh rage? No, but I do feel the real "E" ticket attractions are all we really have left of Walt and the original WED and that maybe they should be protected. I know "Disneyland is not a Museum" but how many rides that once carried the E Ticket designation are left?

CBJ was hardly as unpopular as Innoventions is and yet Innoventions persists. I suspect someone decided the "Hicks" needed to go. That they didn't fit in with a new image for the park that never panned out the way that hubristic, vainglorious, Eisner, THAT Harriss woman and the flying monkey Pressler had hoped they would.

Honestly the damage done to the original park by the three stooges is nothing short of staggering. Tomorrowland is basically gutted as is Critter country. My beloved DCA meets almost none of the actual criteria of the rest of the Disney parks and really is not much than one fantastic roller coaster, a neutered version of ToT and a bunch of used or off the shelf carny rides built around food courts. Then again, there are some wonderful starts too. Turtle Talk and
    It's tough to be a bug rock

I love Disneyland and don't want to seem negative. I was just curious in light of all the threads how people actually did feel.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Is something going on concerning these attractions or does the rage once in a while just erupt against Pooh?
    Country Bears is very creative and entertaining, however attendance has been low for it for years. Disney wanted something that would be "fresh" so out went the old in came the new.

The problem is that they went CHEAP on the Pooh Pooh ride (after all it was under Presslers rule so anything to sell more T-shirts and plush toys), so the replacment for the Country Bears is less satisfying than it should be. The end result is an inferior ride that after just a couple of years draws less people than the 30 year old ride it replaced.

I doubt that the Pooh Pooh ride would be torn out to bring back the Country Bears, but they are going to invest a lot of money on the Heroin Monkey, er, DCA, to try to recusitate that failure( in my opinion DCA should be bulldozed rather than taking improvement money away from Walt's park, but that's a rant for a different tread) they should put the Bears over there.

Shame about the Pooh Pooh ride, because it tries to be charming and I do like the Sherman & Sherman music (glad it's on the 6 CD set)

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm
    Country Bears is very creative and entertaining, however attendance has been low for it for years. Disney wanted something that would be "fresh" so out went the old in came the new.

The problem is that they went CHEAP on the Pooh Pooh ride (after all it was under Presslers rule so anything to sell more T-shirts and plush toys), so the replacment for the Country Bears is less satisfying than it should be. The end result is an inferior ride that after just a couple of years draws less people than the 30 year old ride it replaced.

I doubt that the Pooh Pooh ride would be torn out to bring back the Country Bears, but they are going to invest a lot of money on the Heroin Monkey, er, DCA, to try to recusitate that failure( in my opinion DCA should be bulldozed rather than taking improvement money away from Walt's park, but that's a rant for a different tread) they should put the Bears over there.

Shame about the Pooh Pooh ride, because it tries to be charming and I do like the Sherman & Sherman music (glad it's on the 6 CD set)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sailerm again.

Nicely put and I agree DCA + Country Bears seems a natural to me , put the original version in over by the Redwood Challenge trail and watch it draw folks just like MSEP does. Personally I'm cool if DCA pays some homamge to it's master, after all what says "California" to people like Disneyland does. See, it even fits the theme of the park on two levels.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast