• Minion

Winds over DisneyLand....

It seems that the winds have been very high at Disneyland. I know they canx Remember last night and the week before. I did not go during the week but it seems they have not been having Remember a lot lately. Due to high winds last night they had roped off IASW area and the restrooms in the FL theatre. After they canx the fireworks at 0945. Is it true they have canx a lot lately?
    Jason

• Happy 2007!

Re: Winds over DisneyLand....

They cancelled two or therr times last week when we were there. I guess you can't tell about the winds up high cause the days the park was windy were the days they had the fireworks. On the calm days, they ended up cancelling. Of course, it also seemed that the park was less crowded on the days they cancelled. Maybe just a coincidence????

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

feels good though...

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

They wouldn't CXL the fireworks because there is less attendance ... the "winds haigh above the Magic Kingdom" havae been tempermental latley. If you watch right before the fireworks go off, there is a little white balloon that is released into the air, by a fireman, just before showtime. They watch that balloon to see where the fallout will ... fall. If it goes in the wrong direction, or too fast, the show is CXLD.
    I hate when the show is CXLD ... it's such a good show!

• Fireworks Finatic!

Remember has very strict guidelines for the winds due to all the additional launch locations within the Park. This show has got be the most cancelled fireworks show ever at Disneyland. Hopefully the next show will be a lot less wind-sensitive, if there is such a thing..

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stitchlvr
    They cancelled two or therr times last week when we were there. I guess you can't tell about the winds up high cause the days the park was windy were the days they had the fireworks. On the calm days, they ended up cancelling. Of course, it also seemed that the park was less crowded on the days they cancelled. Maybe just a coincidence????
    Yep, just a coincidence. It costs money when they cancel, so they prefer the show to go off. It would be cheaper to just say "No fireworks on this date" rather than cancel. Also, I believe Honda is still paying for the fireworks themselves. (But not the cast members who direct traffic, block off areas, prepare the areas, load the equipment, unload the equipment when they cancel, test the area, etc...)

The wind is very difficult to gauge from the ground. It can also be very windy, if the wind is going the right direction. The winds aloft are tricky (ask any pilot.) What looks like still air while sitting in front of the castle, can be nasty at 3000'. You can watch the white balloons beforehand, but if you don't know what you are looking at, it may look like it is going straight up, and instead it gets cancelled. Also, the winds may be fine at ToonTown for the overheads, but the winds around MainStreet, where additional fireworks are, may cause an issue. So, there are a tremendous number of issues with regards to this show. And any one of them may cause a cancellation.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

i watch a recording of the fireworks almost everynight at 9:30 at home so i never miss it bcuz of wind! YAY! But yea...my friend got to go to DL and still has never seen the Remember F-Works cuz of the darnd WIND! Times like this i ask...WHERE WAS THE WIND WHEN ITS FREGGIN HOT STANDING IN LINE FOR THE RIDES? haha

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• :)

there arent any winds...their saving $$ to add the loop to autopia

• The Fantasyland guy

no, I thought they were adding a loop to storybook land with all the money they have saved.

• Santa Barbara, CA

No mystery. Anaheim has always been known to blow.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• The Twilight Zone

really i heard they were adding a loop to small world