Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation A Disneyland "train Wreck"

OK i was at the park last night and it seemed everything was falling apart or just going wrong read on...

1) POTC- Broke down...again but this time i was on it instead of in line. It just broke right be fore the first drop. so i now officially know the whole begining speil. all the lights turned on which was preety cool i guess though. Duration on ride: 35 minutes.

2) HM- Ok you may think im just being mistaken for the stops they make to load/unload handicapped but trust me this was differant! ok i was lucky this happened so to speak! It didnt just stop once and go back to normal right after, it stalled several times and completely stopped for atleast 3-4 minutes at a time! stopping once right in front of the new bride! Duration on ride: about 20 minutes.

3) Snow White Ride- Broke Down, i was riding it an noticed something strange the wheels were making really sqeeking noises (not like the usual ones) it stalled several times and finally in the haunted forest part completely stopped... we go to walk out.

4) Indianna Jones- Neglect, in the line there were several things either very noticeably broken, or things just missing, and some defects in the ride as well, The poll in the spike room was bent unnaturally and hanging out of its joint, the rope was missing on the well, and on the ride the bug projector was either off or broken so it was just another black room!

5) Stores & Shops- A MESS! merch was everywhere on the floors and on the displays! thousands of things were in the wrong place and out of order! I feel Horrible for the CMs doing go-backs an recovry in those stores! I couldn't walk without stepping on something!

6) Fireworks- CANCELLED!

7) Food- I bought some fried chicken in the pavilion restaraunt an my food was room tempreture and seemed like it was sitting out for a while. THE SKINS WERE STALE!!!!

and finally...

8) Fastpass Machines- Out of order! many FP machines were out of order all over the park making the lines to get FP longer then usual.

But all in all i still had a blast!!!!!! and i cant wait till i go back in 2 weeks!!!!
    Was anyone else there last night or has shared a similar experiance before, and please share your thoughts on why this happened or some reasons for it? i think its the crowds an lack of cm.

• Banned User

Re: A Disneyland "train Wreck"

That had to of sucked. I'm sorry to hear all this. Disneyland is hurting for CM's. I'll apply sometime next year.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I say just take the Booby traps out of Indy. I mean if some of the neglegent guests keep breaking them, you know Disney will just give up on replacing them eventually.

The thing that drives me nuts about HM stopping every now and then is that the Ghost Host voice audio always cuts into the audio playing in the scene. When I was there a few years ago this happened during the seance scene. I mean Leotas lips were movie with no sound coming out as the Ghost Host said "Playful Spooks have interrupted our tour...." I think Disney should adjust the audio problem, if they have yet to do so. I mean I don't care much about it, but it would be nice if disney found a better way so that those warnings from the Ghost Host, did not cut into the audio for a specific scene.

But since I love Haunted Mansion, I wouldn't mind being stranded in there all day if it came down to it . I would love to enjoy the ambiance in some scenes (Particularly the Ballroom & Attic scene).
    I hope they have Fastpass machines fixed within the next few days .

• Popular Princess

funny you should ask. two weeks ago, we had somewhat of a similar experience.

1. pardon the expression, but indiana jones was up and down like a toilet seat the entire 5 days i was there!
    -to add insult to injury, the rope was frayed, though not broken (yet!)
    -the boulder did not roll one time
    -the AA in the boulder room was barely moving, it kind of shivered and he never looked up
    -the rat projection wasn't working
    -the sulfur smell was stronger than it's ever been!!! ewwww...!!! i have no idea what that was about.

2. on the day of the storm, EVERYTHING went down

3. POTC was up and down everyday for 5 days, too. one morning it didn't open until 9 due to "technical difficulties." the last day i was there, my family and i were stuck on the ride for close to 45 minutes. they kept saying they were having "minor technical difficulties" and that we would be moving "shortly." they said that for 45 minutes straight. we were stuck by the hurricane scene! HORRIBLE!!! not only was i bored and tired of hearing running water, but i was starting to get majorly claustrophobic!!! at one point we moved maybe 100 feet and then the ride stopped again!

4. the shops were a mess

5. the figures in the emporium were in BAD shape! only one was moving, one had fallen over, and all of them looked like they hadn't been dusted in ages!

6. finally, there were so many new CM's that service in many places was drastically slowed down.

all in all, though, i had fun and i desperately want to go back, but i have 2 wait until next year!!!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• My cuties!

How great that you still had a fun time even with all the problems! Kuddos to you!

• Grumpy old man

Sounds like a really bad day, but still didn't let it all ruin for you. That's the spirit!

I love getting stuck in HM. It is annoying sometimes, but you get to really check things out while your stopped. Or get to watch the people in front of you get tortured by a popup ghost.

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

You know.... its been a long hot summer here in the magic kingdom. With our 50th winding down and record breaking crowds just about every weekend..I think we deserve to break down every once in a while. Don't expect Disney to be perfect everytime, we try, but ,alas, we are just robots!!!
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• Happy 2007!

I was there last Tuesday through Saturday (yesterday) morning. Didn't have experiences like yours though. The rat projection in Indy was not working, but other than that rides seemed to be functioning well.

Well, BTMRR was down because of an e stop (but we weren't on it). Some idiot stood up on the ride (why would anyone in their right mind want to do that?). People were stranded all over the ride for 15-45 minutes. They had to evacuate the people from various parts of the ride. We had to leave for the Electrical Parade before it was back up so we couldn't get on it.

As usual, we had excellent interactions and service from the CM's for the most part. There were a couple of new hires who weren't too sure of themselves, but it was no big deal. We stayed away from the bigger stores so didn't run into too many messes. We did go to World of Disney Saturday morning, but it was pretty soon after opening so not much of a mess.

All in all, it was a good experience, especially for a summer trip (we're used to going off season).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

When the fireworks are cancelled, do they tell that to peop[le minutes before the show or hours before the show starts? Because when I go there in a few days, my plan is to hit as many rides as I can during Fantasmic and the fireworks.

....Oh well, regardless, atleats the parades will still go on and attract crowds to it....

Glad to here you guys/girls still had a fun time though .

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by stitchlvr
    As usual, we had excellent interactions and service from the CM's for the most part. There were a couple of new hires who weren't too sure of themselves, but it was no big deal.
    we saw a lot of new recruits, and although it slowed a few things down, it was no biggie. i chose to be patient, although i was in the minority!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    When the fireworks are cancelled, do they tell that to peop[le minutes before the show or hours before the show starts? Because when I go there in a few days, my plan is to hit as many rides as I can during Fantasmic and the fireworks.
    A couple of nights they were cancelled five minutes before they were supposed to happen. I felt sorry for the people who were sitting there reserving a spot fopr hours. Fantasmic was not cancelled to the best of my knowledge.

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by wickeddisneygurl
    we saw a lot of new recruits, and although it slowed a few things down, it was no biggie. i chose to be patient, although i was in the minority!
    Yeah, me too. The thing is they were new and inexperienced. They were still polite. They were trying to be helpful. They were doing the best they could.

well the only time i was stuck on a ride was a few years ago about 6 or 8 i think..i was my first time EVER on splash mountain and the ride stoped right before u get on the lift for the final drop...i had to sit there and listen to that stupid sad song that they sing for 20-30 min...but then we go to get off and walk backstage but it was night time so u couldnt see everything and we got a ticket to go through the exit of any ride.

Wow, it seems like there have been alot of complaints about POTC having operating issues over the last couple months. What kind of a rehab did they do to it?
    It's hard to have a bad time when you go to the park, but when you have an experience like bryan's - that just sucks! I would probably be a little upset.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14
    Wow, it seems like there have been alot of complaints about POTC having operating issues over the last couple months. What kind of a rehab did they do to it?
    It's hard to have a bad time when you go to the park, but when you have an experience like bryan's - that just sucks! I would probably be a little upset.
    They have an issue with loading the boats. If the boats aren't loaded properly (ie too heavy) then it gets stuck at the top of the first drop. Then everything gets stuck, has to be recycled, they have to try and get the boat unstuck, etc...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast