Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Question October park schedule?

I know I'm not the only one here going to the park in October (if no one else, I KNOW Simply Mad is, well, simply because we are going together). Is anyone else frustrated by the fact that it is now August, and within the 60 day window for many trips and the Disneyland.com calendar is still not showing October??

For those that are "in the know" (nudge nudge Darkbeer) what kind of entertainment offerings are likely to still be on the schedule now that they are doing the whole Million Dreams promotion and the Halloween stuff? Will Fantasmic play on the weekends? Saturday AND Sunday? What about Fireworks? Will they only be on the weekends or during the week too?

I know I can call guest relations, and between Simply Mad and I, one of us probably will in the morning, but asking here usually gets a more direct and often more realistic response!

Re: October park schedule?

Mouseplanet just put up a very nice detailed report of the upcoming entertainment and attraction changes. Here's the info from Mouseplanet!

Snow White - An Enchanting Musical The end of summer will mark the end of the road for this musical stage production. While it has performed well since its premiere in February 2004 it has not been the kind of crowd favorite that keeps a show running long past its original lifespan. Combine that with a new Princess encounter idea for the space that will directly generate revenue and the show's fate was sealed. The final performance of the show is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Monday, September 4. After that the theater will remain closed for a quick but thorough teardown to turn the space into a combination store and meet-and-greet where young girls can be dressed like a princess, taught how to behave and also meet their favorite princesses.
    Matterhorn Bobsleds This one can't even wait for the end of summer and guests visiting over Labor Day weekend are going to be disappointed to find that the ride closed for a lengthy refurbishment the previous Monday on August 28. The reason for this is that a tight work schedule and the amount of work to be done means that the ride can't be open for both Labor Day and Thanksgiving. Currently the ride is scheduled to reopen the day before Thanksgiving on Wednesday, November 22. Although the closure is long at almost three months, we haven't heard any indication of significant changes to the track or mountain itself though reportedly new restraint systems will be installed in the bobsleds.
    Mark Twain Riverboat We haven't seen this on any of the official notices yet, but we've been told by a normally reliable person that the Mark Twain Riverboat will be taken out of commission for almost a month shortly after Labor Day weekend for general maintenance and removal of the 50th Anniversary decorations and gold trimmings.
    Fantasmic Another change that isn't quite waiting for the final day of summer is the reduced Fantasmic schedule. Starting Monday, August 28, Fantasmic will be dark Mondays through Thursdays. There will then be two performances on the next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and an additional show on Labor Day, September 4. After that the regular schedule is dark on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday; a single 9:00 p.m. show on Friday, two shows on Saturday, and then a single show on Sunday. This is pretty much the normal off-season schedule for Fantasmic We don't know whether the Mark Twain Riverboat would be available for performances during its downtime or if the final scene of the show will be done from Tom Sawyer Island.
    Remember...Dreams Come True Monday, September 4, is the last of the daily shows for the fireworks. After this date, the show will only be performed on Fridays and Saturdays. At this point, it appears that the fireworks will continue in their current form until at least the Christmas holiday season, which begins after Halloween.
    Disney's Parade of Dreams The parade will remain a daily event but after Labor Day it will only be performed once each day at 7:00 p.m., except for Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
    Haunted Mansion The end of summer means it is time for Haunted Mansion to get dressed up for the holidays. The closure to install the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay had originally been announced as starting immediately after Labor Day, but it looks like guests have a one-week reprieve, as the schedule has been pushed back to September 11. The ride is still scheduled to reopen on September 28 so instead of a three-week closure it is down to just two. If you're curious, "it's a small world" will close for its holiday overlay October 23 through November 9.
    The Sword in the Stone This show seen six times a day in the courtyard between King Arthur Carrousel and Sleeping Beauty Castle goes from daily status to Friday-Saturday-Sunday as of September 3. That is, it appears to not even be on the calendar for Labor Day itself, Monday, September 4.
    The Golden Horseshoe The Golden Horseshoe will close for a lengthy refurbishment and new menu on Tuesday, September 5. When it reopens on September 29, you'll have to go outside to Stagedoor Cafe for your fried foodstuffs because the bar inside the Golden Horseshoe will reportedly be focused on ice cream treats. Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are currently on the entertainment schedule during this entire closure but we haven't heard yet where they'll be performing. The best place is the stage at the old Big Thunder Ranch BBQ but it is unclear if that is available.
    Block Party Bash Beginning Wednesday, September 6, the daytime parade at Disney's California Adventure park will be dark on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The parade continue its regular schedule during the rest of the week of one performance daily at 5:15 p.m.
    McQueen and Mater's Road Trip The Cars-themed pre-parade looks like it may be sticking around longer than originally thought but it will remain a pre-parade, which means that it is dark on days when Block Party Bash is dark. It remains to be seen whether the earlier meet-and-greets the McQueen and Mater do near the Paradise Pier amphitheater will continue on those dark days but it is unlikely.
    Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular The show goes dark after one final weekend of performance on September 11 and reopens the first weekend of October. The stage and sets will get some much needed work while a new cast rehearses and trains. When it does return, it is unknown whether it will be on a weekend-only schedule or the normal Wednesday-to-Monday schedule.
    Disney's Electrical Parade DCA's nighttime parade continues daily performances through Sunday, August 27, then goes dark for the following four days before doing one final weekend of performances for Labor Day Weekend. Following September 4, however, it goes dark for the season. We'll have to wait a while before it is known for sure whether it makes another holiday year-end appearance as it did last year or if it is in the warehouse until the ramp-up for next summer. We've seen the rumor crop up a few times that it is being sent to the new Hong Kong Disneyland park, but it is actually Disneyland Paris's version of the parade that is being transplanted to Asia.
    California Screamin' Who knows what to believe at this point, as we've received different dates from different people. The official Disneyland Web site still shows only a four-day closure in early October. Everything we hear about significant work maintenance being needed as well as prep work for the new Midway Madness ride (not yet officially announced) indicates a long closure, and some insiders have said it'll go down as early as September 11 while others tell us the early October date is more accurate.

Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Thank you dchun2007!! You answered pretty much all I needed to know (well, park hours are still a mystery...)! And I won't even kill the messenger about the fireworks not going on Sundays...Poor Mad family won't get to see them as their trip is Sunday - Thursday...

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Yeah, great up date DCHUN! I was in the dark about the attractions also in November when my family and I were going to go. See ya at the Parks!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Great question!

We'll be there in October as well. Now we know what to do!

• Closet DLR fan

I was just thinking about making a post on this very subject, actually. I was extremely frustrated with the lack of an October calendar on Disneyland.com - at this point, all I even wanted was the park hours! They kept showing October in the dropdown box at the beginning of every month, and I'd get all excited, but then when you tried to go to it you'd just get an error page, and then a few days later Oct. would disappear from the dropdown box. So thank you, dchun2007, very appreciated!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Second week of October will be my next visit, so thanks for the info! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait! I'm worse than my children! Is October here yet? No? Why not?!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Wink Re: October park schedule?

This is why I love the Disney Internet community...around the same time I posted my request for information, I emailed Guest Services with the request for information on park hours and events for October. I did receive a reply this morning ... however, it was for my email that I sent last week with the same request!! (I found that funny)

Here is the basic response:

Dear Tiffany,

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND Resort.

Regretfully, the information you have requested has yet to be determined. You are invited to contact
    us again in the near future.
    This was followed by a rather lengthy explanation of Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA and all the pricing structures -- which was totally a form letter response as it has ticket pricing that is "if purchased before July 15..."

Anyway, once again, thank you to the wonderful community here (and elsewhere - MP) for helping those of us going in October figure out what the heck might be going on when we are there!!

Red Face Re: October park schedule?

We are visiting 10-8,9,10. I am so angry that they don't have the courtesy to post park times and calendar of events ahead of time enough to get a half decent hotel room. Now I have booked a package for Sun,mon & tues and have a 4 yr old grandson who is so looking forward to the parade's and fireworks. Now I have to tell him that it looks like none of that will be available. With "customer service" like this I surely don't want to hear Disney whine about down profits. If I ran my company with that lack of customer service I would be out of business.
    OK off my soap-box.

I hope the weather is nice for everyone traveling in Oct. Maybe it will be a little on the cooler side for us all.

Everyone have a great time. My husband and I will be the one's chasing the 4yr old around.

bye from AZ

• Minion

Thanks for that info!

I'll be there 9th October until the 21st of October. Anyone else there that time??

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Trujillo
    We are visiting 10-8,9,10. I am so angry that they don't have the courtesy to post park times and calendar of events ahead of time enough to get a half decent hotel room. Now I have booked a package for Sun,mon & tues and have a 4 yr old grandson who is so looking forward to the parade's and fireworks. Now I have to tell him that it looks like none of that will be available. With "customer service" like this I surely don't want to hear Disney whine about down profits. If I ran my company with that lack of customer service I would be out of business.
    OK off my soap-box.

I hope the weather is nice for everyone traveling in Oct. Maybe it will be a little on the cooler side for us all.

Everyone have a great time. My husband and I will be the one's chasing the 4yr old around.

bye from AZ
    Heads up on those dates, October 8th is the CHOC walk, which will have Disneyland not opening until 10 AM due to the Children Hospital fundraiser. Also it is the last day of Gay Days, which brings in about 30,000 folks. Most of these folks will be at DCA that day
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

We will be driving in later in the day on the 8th so I think we will be going over later in the evening and just go over to disneyland for a bit. Then we will do the park hopping on Monday and Tues.
    So excited. Too bad the Materhorn is down. one of my favorite rides. Oh well we'll just have to hit thunder mountain more times then.
    thanks for all the info.

• MC's Graveyard Crew

Great info! My girl and I will be driving down from Sacramento to spend a long weekend starting on the 19th of October.

Is August over yet?.......
    2300+ Theme Park Photos & More

Im going october 21st cuz Iron Maiden is playing in Irvine !!! \m/

• Sock Puppet

Last August when we were planning our DL vacation they didn't have the October calendar up, so I'm not surprised. It just sucks that those of us going in October have no idea what's going on yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast