Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Are there any sitcoms that filmed an episode in Disneyland/DCA?

Although this is about sitcoms, don't talk shows tape at Disneyland occasionally.

But I wonder why the focus is more on Walt Disney World rather than Disneyland, is it because of the amount of space available in the parks, number of parks, or just because more audiences automatically think of Disney World

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

The episode of George Lopez came out in the 2004 season. I still have it on my TiVo actually and it recorded in August of '04. (It was the repeat where they pointed out where all the Hidden Mickey's were at)

I just saw the episode of Roseanne where they were at Disneyworld this past Sunday night. I noticed they made a mistake on their when Jackie was talking about how Walt Disney saw all these orange groves as Disneyworld. Somewhat correct, but he saw that in Anaheim, not Orlando.

• Closed Account

The list is endless! And it also seems that when certain ABC or Disney Channel shows start teetering in ratings and popularity they immediate go to the parks to film!

Remember (or try to forget) the pathetic TV show with Hulk Hogan? I believe it was all filmed at WDW. Even the pathetic boat chases and explosions supposedly taking place at sea were all filmed inland in Epcot's big pond!

• ...TWO BITS!

I've got the DCA special that previewed the park, George Lopez episode, and a TOT commerical. I'm thinking about putting it on youtube... of course they got their copyrights issue, but they can't hurt me... right?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    I've got the DCA special that previewed the park, George Lopez episode, and a TOT commerical. I'm thinking about putting it on youtube... of course they got their copyrights issue, but they can't hurt me... right?
    Ohhh Try Veoh dot com! There you can upload the entire file, but only 10 minutes or so shows up but we other Veoh members can download the entire file to our PC!

Veoh is great for things like this. Please upload there! And nothing will happen to you except a strike against your account if some exec notices this file is online. It's not like you're going to do this everyday. Everyone everywhere is getting strikes left and right but shows keep popping up everywhere.

Contact me if you decide to do this. Want to see this episode so bad! And yes Veoh is free like YouTube.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

There use to be a weekly show filmed in toontown at DL and aired on Disney Channel. They did stories in Toontown and showed classic cartoons. I forget what the show is named, but I remember an episode where chip was a judged and forced someone to be put into the toontown jail for a crime committed in ToonTown.

This wasn't at DL but WDW i remember the episode of family matters. When Laura and Stefan (URKEL) got married

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    "That Thing You Do!" made several mistakes concerning 1960's Disneyland. In the movie the castle was pink, the Matterhorn had 2 cars...
    I guess Tom Hanks can't afford a bucket of paint, or to split a bobsled.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Huh?

The Blossom episodes had other great moments, such as when Blossom's oldest brother (not Joey... uh, forgot his name) went into an empty Main Street Opera House and had a talk with Lincoln, also some backstage footage and a little bit of an MMC concert at the park.
    -Tim

• Former Epcot CM

Sabrina the Teenage Witch filmed an episode at Disney's Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort. I think it was quite soon after the park opened, which was a nifty little piece of promo.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    "That Thing You Do!" made several mistakes concerning 1960's Disneyland. In the movie the castle was pink...
    Nope. The castle went Pink>Blue>Pink.

The castle was pink when the park first opened and up into the 1960's. I grew up in Disneyland in the 1950's and I remember it well. I know my Summer 1967 Guidebook is still showing a pink castle, though that picture could have been from a previous year.

I also remember when it went blue/greyish and I remember thinking at the time that I thought it looked strange...but then it grew on me. My memory is fuzzy on exact dates, but I think it went blue around Pirates or Haunted Mansion's openings?

Besides, I thought that was the whole idea behind the repaint for the 50th...to restore the castle (and Main Street) to the colors of the 50's?

Anyway, here's a view of the pink castle from 1957:

http://www.perrific.com/disney/guides/57/57cover.html

And you can see a bit in this photo with Walt:

http://users.sisna.com/matkinson/Med...959_guide2.jpg

...and from the back side of castle:

http://users.sisna.com/matkinson/Med...ictorial_2.jpg

Why...even Dutch Boy was painting it pink!

http://users.sisna.com/matkinson/Med...oring_book.jpg

There are tons more out there on the web.

Last edited by Opus1guy; 08-08-2006 at 02:02 PM.

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh! I remember when us Cauldron girls saw an episode of BLOSSOM--as her whole family went to Disneyland. I think it was back in 1992. Anyway, Joey talking with Princess Aurora and--later--he fell asleep and imagined himself as Prince Phillip. He even got to kiss Aurora.

ORDDU: And when Blossom, herself, was riding the skyway, she saw her ex-boy friend walking with his new girlfriend--far below--and deliberately dropped her drink so it would fall on the jerk. It was a fun episode.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    There use to be a weekly show filmed in toontown at DL and aired on Disney Channel. They did stories in Toontown and showed classic cartoons. I forget what the show is named, but I remember an episode where chip was a judged and forced someone to be put into the toontown jail for a crime committed in ToonTown.
    I somewhat remember this show...back in the 90s right? I think it aired on KCAL, local TV station in So.Cal. And the end credits would always be the camera guy riding BTMRR. Right?

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Looked at imdb.com. All I really got was "Going to Mickey's Toontown" (1993). Not much else. I loved watching that as a kid. I remember when the OJ trial was on every station, I got mad I couldn't watch cartoons

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12