Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Question Are there any sitcoms that filmed an episode in Disneyland/DCA?

I know nick at nite recently aired the Full House episodes of WDW and the Roseanne WDW episode but I can't seem to recall any show filming an episode at Disneyland.

Shouldn't there be sitcoms or family dramas filming an episode in Disneyland/DCA?

Your thoughts?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Neep meep beep

Re: Are there any sitcoms that filmed an episode in Disneyland/DCA?

Yes~! And Hey, Microgoofy, where's your trip report and Micechatters thank yous!?

• Neep meep beep

In fact, IMDB lists the following, among many, many others:
    1. "New Mickey Mouse Club, The" (1977) TV Series
    2. 40 Pounds of Trouble (1962) 6.3/10 (174 votes)
    3. Adventures in Wild California (2000) 6.9/10 (66 votes)
      ...aka MacGillivray Freeman's Adventures in Wild California (2000) (USA: complete title)
    4. Champions on Ice (1996) (TV)
      ...aka Disney's Champions on Ice (1996) (TV) (USA: complete title)
    5. Herbie Day at Disneyland (1974) (TV) 6.9/10 (8 votes)
    6. That Thing You Do! (1996) 6.5/10 (14459 votes)
    And my personal favorite, not listed at IMDB, is the following:

Disneyland Showtime (1970) – Kurt Russell, EJ Peaker and the Osmonds sing as they try to track down Donny who just has to ride the new Haunted Mansion. ...

You can find a clip of this cheesy TV show at doombuggies.com.

•   
    • So fetch

The George Lopez show had an episode in DL.

The George Lopez episode was really cool. It featured a contest counting all the "hidden" mickeys in the episode. Can't wait for the other ABC shows...Lost: at DCA (so no one would find them), Desperate Housewives: Teri Hatcher refuses to eat a Dole Whip. I know, these are corny.
    Spoiler
    BURP!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Didn't the George Lopez show do an episode there recently? The episode was about George's Mom never taking him to Disneyland, so they went. I'm pretty sure parts of it were filmed there and there was some contest about finding all the Hidden Mickey's throughout the episode. That was fun!

Edit: Oops, too slow!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo
    The George Lopez show had an episode in DL.
    Oh really! I have dvd's full of Disneyland/WDW related material and I've been looking to add tv shows filmed in Disney parks. Thanks!
    Micoofy Duck

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Cool just found the episode summary and contest that happened with the show's airing. It first aired back in 2004, wow. Any network showing repeats of George Lopez?

"Inspired by his financially-troubled childhood, George Lopez is giving his viewers the chance to "watch and win" their way to $10,000 cash, a family vacation to the Disneyland(r) Resort and other great prizes, on ABC -- if they watch very carefully. "We are having a contest because, with the current economy, I'd like to see somebody bring home decent money on a Friday night," commented George Lopez about this special episode that tells his real life story about never having gone to Disneyland as a child. In the episode, written by Lopez, George reluctantly agrees to reward Max with a trip to Disneyland for improving his grades, but makes up an excuse to get out of going to the park with his family because of his fear that seeing all of the families enjoying themselves will remind him of his desolate childhood. When guilt finally gets the better of him and he asks Benny for a ride, he finally, for the first time in his life, spends a day at the happiest place on earth alone with his mom. The episode features a "Watch and Win" contest in which viewers will be invited to find the hidden images of Mickey Mouse. These images could appear anywhere within the episode -- on T-shirts, ketchup bottles or as symbolic representations of Mickey Mouse's head's shape. At the show's conclusion, viewers will be asked to either mail in their entries or go to abc.com and identify the Mickey images for a chance to win. Official contest rules and information on how to enter by mail are available on abc.com. The lucky grand-prize winner who accurately identifies the most Mickey images will receive $10,000 in cash and a family vacation for four to the Disneyland (r) Resort, where they will visit both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks, experience "Snow White - An Enchanting New Musical" and drop in to the "Twilight Zone Tower of Terror"(tm). Additionally, one hundred first runners-up will receive a TGIF beach towel just in time for summer.
    Micoofy Duck

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by rdelacruz
    The George Lopez episode was really cool. It featured a contest counting all the "hidden" mickeys in the episode. Can't wait for the other ABC shows...Lost: at DCA (so no one would find them), Desperate Housewives: Teri Hatcher refuses to eat a Dole Whip. I know, these are corny.
    corny but very funny!
    Micoofy Duck

just in case u were wondering...boy meets world did an episode at wdw too....heehee

• Minion

"Blossom" in the mid 90's did a 2 part episode there. It was sooooo terrible. Only thing I remember about it was Blossom and her friend Six ( I think that was her name) were spitting from the Skyway and Six tried to hook up with a Jungle Cruise skipper , which she did at the end of the episode cuz he was hanging out with her ( in costume I might add) at the Tomorrowland Terrace with his arm around her and eating popcorn.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Are there any sitcoms that filmed an episode in Disneyland/DCA?

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    "Blossom" in the mid 90's did a 2 part episode there. It was sooooo terrible. Only thing I remember about it was Blossom and her friend Six ( I think that was her name) were spitting from the Skyway and Six tried to hook up with a Jungle Cruise skipper , which she did at the end of the episode cuz he was hanging out with her ( in costume I might add) at the Tomorrowland Terrace with his arm around her and eating popcorn.
    Wow.... that's... .... ... AWESOME! Thanks!
    Micoofy Duck

I don't think it qualifies as a sitcom, but it was a television comedy series that filmed an episode at Disneyland.

It was called "Hard Time On Planet Earth."

Had this big dork as an alien in humanoid form here on Earth. He had a crazy and funny little "sidekick" that was a floating orb/droid thing about the size of a basketball, that would always get into trouble.

Anyway, they had an entire episode of the show filmed at Disneyland. Don't recall the plot but I do recall some kid in the Park found the droid and thought it was a balloon so he tied a string to him and toted it around the park.

I've got the episode on tape somewhere. I've got tons of shows where Disneyland appeared in them on tape. But that's the one that comes to mind right off the bat.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    In fact, IMDB lists the following, among many, many others:
    1. "New Mickey Mouse Club, The" (1977) TV Series
    2. 40 Pounds of Trouble (1962) 6.3/10 (174 votes)
    3. Adventures in Wild California (2000) 6.9/10 (66 votes)
      ...aka MacGillivray Freeman's Adventures in Wild California (2000) (USA: complete title)
    4. Champions on Ice (1996) (TV)
      ...aka Disney's Champions on Ice (1996) (TV) (USA: complete title)
    5. Herbie Day at Disneyland (1974) (TV) 6.9/10 (8 votes)
    6. That Thing You Do! (1996) 6.5/10 (14459 votes)
    "That Thing You Do!" made several mistakes concerning 1960's Disneyland. In the movie the castle was pink, the Matterhorn had 2 cars and there was one other mistake that I can't remember.

And yeah, Blossom had a "soap opera" (very melodramatic and cheesy) episode inside Disneyland...it was actually quite good, not the episode but the feeling of being there inside Disneyland.

Micoofy,there's a really cool dvd out called "Nature's Wonderland." It's about the history of Frontierland. In the dvd, it shows a scene out of a detective show (I think from the 80's) where the bad guy is running through a theme park (Disneyland) and he's running ALL over the landscape of Big Thunder Mt as the trains are whizzing by. I was really surprised that the Disney people allowed this to be filmed. I also remember reading that Walt never wanted the park to be filmed empty. He always wanted it packed with guests having a good time. So of course there was a Michael Jackson television special filmed in Disneyland that only featured Michael walking around an empty park.

....and of course the Simpsons are always going to a theme park that closely resembles Disneyland.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast