Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: If YOU were the new President of Disneyland...

I'd make every fourth week (T-Th) "Adult Only".

I'd also require breathalyzers and blood tests at the front gate.

CM's get big raises dependent on attitude and length of service.

Dress code, strictly enforced.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by PrncssZ
    I would make everyone wear Princess costumes! It would be changed to Princess Disneyland!!! *evil laughter* LOL Just kidding. I'm not sure what I would do...that's a big thing....
    That would be great, just what everyone wants to see.....

A 50 yo overweight and balding male in a princess costume, thats the ticket..
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

I know I will take some flack for this but I just can help myself, Just remember its all in good fun (I think).

I would make a new attraction kind of like Small World, but in this one instead of nailing kids to the floor and make them sing all day, we would nail all the AP'S feet to the floor and make them sing nonstop....

now that would be one scary attraction..

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: If YOU were the new President of Disneyland...

Like Merlin Jones said, I'd fix Tomorrowland NOW. Put the Rocket Jets back where they go, bring the Peoplemover back so we just don't see this empty track leading to nowhere.

I'd raise the pay for the CM's - but I'd also raise the bar on their appearance as well. No mustache's for men, hair must be out of the girls faces, they must look conservative and clean. Also, costumes should remain in their own 'land' so I don't want to see Jungle Cruise operators walking down Main Street or in Tomorrowland. Also, I don't like seeing Costumes at the local Gas Station either - that's just tacky and 'bad show'. Costumes would not be allowed off of Disney property.

Next, there would be a quick drop off/pick up point for the Monorail in the Grand Californian to offer you access to California Adventure - much like the Monorail did at Disneyland Hotel 'way back when'. (Oh - remember the Monorail Cafe? I loved that doggone place.)

Next - there would be a limit on the amount of parades traveling down Main Street - causes SUCH an issue when you have 14 parades a day.

Next - the Tarzan Treehouse would be 'foreclosed upon' and revert back to it's rightful owners - the Robinson's - or as they are commonly known as, The Swiss Family. Also, they would get rid of that 'blockade' known as the Treehouse entrance - it just causes an issue when people are trying to 'get by'.

Next - Back to Tomorrowland - it would be WHITE again - or even Stainless Steel and it would be about "Tomorrow" - not Jedi's, not Star Wars, not Honda - TOMORROW. The walkways would be cleared up and it would be an easily accessible thoroughfare.

Next - Fantasyland - all of those light fixtures that seem to block the view of "It's a Small World" need to be removed so you have a clear view of the beautiful attraction that it is. I have a picture taken in 1979 and my Dad was standing by the Matterhorn where the Monorail travels and he took a clear shot of "It's a Small World" and there was nothing hindering the view - now there are all kinds of poles and speakers designed as poles etc.

Cleanliness would be "KEY" - Cast Member, attractions - oh, and Disneyland would be closed once a week to 'clean' the place - repaint things needing repainting, changing lightbulbs etc.

What needs to happen is people need to feel the joy of working at Disneyland as my Dad had in 1970 and 1971 and as my Aunt had in 1973 through 1975. Working at Disneyland 'way back then' was a status symbol - it was something that was revered - something coveted. I'd make Disneyland Resort 'that place' again.

• Neep meep beep

I think there's some great ideas here. Although, I'm not sure that just making everything "the way it used to be" is going to be the solution to everything. To cleanliness, absolutely. But tastes have changed since the 1950s, or 60s, or 70s, or 1997, or whenever your favorite time at Disneyland was. I'd really like to see Disneyland take some risks, and new directions, with the incredibly immersive detail that they do best - like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, etc., were in their particular day when introduced.

• U. B. Bold

I'd fix Tomorrowland first. And I don't mean a return to 1960's land either. I mean a return to the ideals that made Tomorrowland the best land in the park way back when. You know, Walt's ideals. A positive futurism that does not require sci-fi movie or Pixar tie-ins. That alone would be a bold step given today's cynicism. Give the folks their thrills, sure, but also give them a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow to look forward to.

If there was ever a time that needed a positive view of the future, its now.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy
    Cleanliness would be "KEY" - Cast Member, attractions - oh, and Disneyland would be closed once a week to 'clean' the place - repaint things needing repainting, changing lightbulbs etc.
    Isn't that supposed to be done after hours??

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I think there's some great ideas here. Although, I'm not sure that just making everything "the way it used to be" is going to be the solution to everything. To cleanliness, absolutely. But tastes have changed since the 1950s, or 60s, or 70s, or 1997, or whenever your favorite time at Disneyland was. I'd really like to see Disneyland take some risks, and new directions, with the incredibly immersive detail that they do best - like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, etc., were in their particular day when introduced.
    Well said.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I would surround myself with MBAs and we'd throw around buzzwords like "dovetail", "synergy", and "proactive". Then, we wouldn't just think outside the box, we'd redesign the box. I'd then conduct intensive market research and hold productivity studies. I'd have those studies analyzed, written up and bound in a nice poly-vinyl cover and I could watch Power-point presentations where all the bullet points zoom in from various points off the page.

Either that, or I'd do everything in my power to fix the employment challenges, address the maintenance issues, and push, push, push THEME in every new venture.

Regardless...I'd be making more money than I am now, getting into the park for free and boy, would my office have an awesome view!!!

• I'm not really here

Aristocat... I nearly sprayed my drink all over the monitor reading that post. I hold you responsible for making my day with that!

4 words: "What would Walt do." That's all any DL president needs to remember.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

What I would do if i were president of DisneyLand and DCA

For DL
    open more shops that sell cheap plush stuff
    cut back on pay and hours for CM's
    close the subs before they even reopen
    let the people mover tracks rust even more
    expand Innovations
    expand Pooh
    Replace statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse and replace it with Michael Eisner

For DCA
    More off the shelf rides
    less shade
    cut back hours of operation

for the whole opperation
    use 6FMM as a guide as to run a successfull park
    lower food quality, and cut help in food service
    bring in Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harris as advisors

• The one, the only...

^^^ You sound like you were a finalist for the job. I am sure because you did not include "raise ticket prices" you did not get the job.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I think there are lots of great things that we would all do if we were President of the Disneyland Resort. I think however that the real problem is that the President of the resort lacks the power to make a lot of these changes. For example I donít think that Matt had the power to increase the wages of cast members no mater how bad he may have wanted to. We forget that when Walt was in charge he was god what ever Walt wanted Walt got. This is why I feel unfortunately no matter how charismatic a particular individual is they will never be able to do what Walt could. After all it was Waltís park. Now itís owned by millions of shareholders world wide who are looking for a return on their investment.

Talking Re: If YOU were the new President of Disneyland...

Just 2 things:

1) Sorry, but I would have a few days a year that were
    strictly STROLLER FREE <GRIN>

2) Level DCA and put back my old parking lot...the one that
    was easy to get in and out of.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234