Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone made it through HM without Stopping?

This all seemed to start a couple years back, for some reason now almost everytime I ride the Haunted Mansion the ride is interrupted at least 2 times with all the ride audio stopping and the Ride Stop Spiel announcement.
    I know this is due to the fact that they are loading people from Electric Vehicles or wheel chairs, guests who might need more assistance getting into the Doom Buggies. Although I never remember this happening with such regularity in the older days! If anyone can thing of a solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated. It really does ruin the show to constantly have the ride stop midway over and over again! True a solution would be hard to come up with, but it can be done somehow!

Re: Has anyone made it through HM without Stopping?

Well, the SAP policy was altered, but in recent years, it's seemed easy for anyone to get a wheelchair. I know my sister has done it, and I refuse to go with her when she does that.

By that I mean, it seems more common now. However, I think if there was an "offline load" with a gap in the doombuggies, there could be a way to load them in.

• Neep meep beep

Unfortunately, the ride seems to take me all the way through, again and again, lately. I really would love to stop in the attic or the seance room, just to get a good look at every little detail, but it rarely happens, and I ride the HM a lot.

FrogBerto:
    What time of the day do you normally ride? Which Month? What day of the week? I need to have some HM ride experiences like yours! Trust me stopping at a show scene really is not all that fun after the first or second time. It ruins the "vibe"

• Neep meep beep

Well I usually go twice a week in the mornings (usually around 8am to 10am or so), and then for the weekly Sunday meets I usually ride around Fantasmic times (9pm to 11pm).

8AM on weekdays!? Is the park even open? Now I see why the ride does not stop for you! Everyone is still sleeping and not at the park yet!

• Say no to Assimilation

Hey! The more it stops, the more time to make out!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie

Ha! Now I know who I should be riding with!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie
    .....and the more time to be viewed by DL security on infrared video monitors! Liven their day! Give 'em a show!

-----------------------------------

I've ridden this twice at DL (HMH) and numerous times at MK. I've never experienced a stop in the ride. Now Spaceship Earth... that's another story.

• Banned User

Ive made it a few years back.

• Lowering Expectations

I know I have but it's been quite a while. If the ride system doesn't completely stop with the "playful spooks" spiel, it usually will go into "creep mode" for a bit. Although I'm not complaining, especially because on my last ride-thru the doombuggy stopped directly in front of Constance for a good two minutes or so. That was kinda cool.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

When I went for my first trip to Disneyland in July I was hoping it wouldn't stop... but it did. I wanted it to stop at the Bride but I had the ride stop at the doors near the beginning. But when the temp outside reached close to 100 degrees I loved every minute of the short delay. What better place to be stuck inside when the temp is blazing outside.

The Bride also just goes too quickly... JUST LIKE HER HUSBANDS!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace
    This all seemed to start a couple years back, for some reason now almost everytime I ride the Haunted Mansion the ride is interrupted at least 2 times with all the ride audio stopping and the Ride Stop Spiel announcement.
    I know this is due to the fact that they are loading people from Electric Vehicles or wheel chairs, guests who might need more assistance getting into the Doom Buggies. Although I never remember this happening with such regularity in the older days! If anyone can thing of a solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated. It really does ruin the show to constantly have the ride stop midway over and over again! True a solution would be hard to come up with, but it can be done somehow!
    Wheelchair loads, where the ride needs to stop for transfers, stops at buggy #5. They used to just load whenever, now they have a specific buggy. If you ride in buggies 7-15 you wont experience a stop. But, they will stop buggie 5 to unload the prior transfer, then reload if there are wheelchair transfers, or in our case, a dog. It will go into creep mode if there are people who don't need to actually transfer and can walk but at a slower pace. The "Playful spooks" is actually caused by a button on the front fence the CM presses while we are loading.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Maynard and I got stuck in Leota's room for a few minutes a few weeks ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast