Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Say no to Assimilation

Re: Favorite Thing To Do @ DCA

Last time I rode the Sun Wheel, a person got sick in the swinging car. We could see them washing it out from our car.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    I am not brave enough to ride the swinging cars on the Sun Wheel. However, I did ride the stationery one on the last night of my trip to Disneyland last year. The view of the Fireworks from up there was wonderful.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

my favorite thing to do in DCA is Aladdin... then would have to be soarin... it use to be my favorite to check out the latin bands that would play on saturday nights... but someone put a stop those bands that played at the S.F. themed area stage...
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• out & about

My fav thing to do is leave and go back to Disneyland.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    With my trip just 19 days, this thread couldn't have come at a better time.
    i aim to please!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Food & Whine Aficianado

I actually like most things at DCA. I never get tired of Soarin' and TOT. Also, Cove Bar is the best...friendly patrons and wonderful staff and food and drinks that are way better than you'd ever expect at a theme park. I hope Cove Bar stays busy enough to remain open, but hidden enough that it doesn't get ruined.
    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by adormouse
    My favorite things to do at DCA was to ride Grizzly, TOT, and eat at Taste Pilots Grill. I know its not the fanciest places to eat, but I really like being able to order from the computer screen and then throw whatever I want on my burger. I'm silly like that.
    we just discovered the magic of taste pilots grill 2 weeks ago. i really liked being able to order from the computer screen, too. that was way cool!

one other place that i really liked was the animation building, especially the sorceror's workshop because i got to find out which disney character i am like. apparently i am just like lady from lady and the tramp. my cousins had a blast there and one did that test 3 times! turtle talk with crush was fun too because when we went, he was playing more to the adults than the kids (perhaps a product of it being towards the end of the day ).
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    MASECA!!!

Translation: Mission Tortilla Factory.

That is exactly what I love to do....lol. I also go to Tower of Terror, and Animation Academy.

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

get a margarita on a hot day!! and chill at the bread factory eating clam chowder.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• FastPass n00b

Tower of Terror, California Screamin' and Aladdin. California Screamin' is by far the best large rollercoater out there. The scenery, the speed and the level of smoothness combine to make one thrilling, yet relaxing ride at the same time...pure exhilaration.

I went on Tower of Terror for the first time because last time I went it was still being built. I was REALLY afraid of it, I hate heights and I hate freefall, but you can't really see anything so I figured it wouldn't be that bad. It was absolutely great! The theming after the library sucked and the ride itself is so thinly veiled that I didn't care about any storyline, the ride itself is just incredible. I thought it just drops you a couple times, but it also launches you up at high speeds, only to immediately shoot you back down just as quickly. It creates some tremendous air time, like when a rollercoaster goes up a hill quickly then goes back down it quickly. I kind of wished it would've been 1,000 feet because it ends very fast...I couldn't believe how fast we got down from 130 feet.

I was holding a water bottle at the time (not on purpose) and although I've seen the pictures and videos, there's just something about it that I figured I was immune. I guess it's because I've never experienced sustained negative g forces before, but I was lucky that thing didn't bump me in the head. My arm went straight up with water bottle in-hand and I couldn't bring it back down no matter how hard I tried! It's no joke on that thing, ANYTHING that's not buckled in or nailed down will fly 3 feet above your head. I can't even imagine if I would've had a camera in my lap.

DCA's fun, I'm a newly converted DCA fan.

• 'splosions

hang out and show off at the Midway Games

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Cove Bar A good margarita and some lobster nachos.
    Mike

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    My fav thing to do is leave and go back to Disneyland.
    So why even even cross the Esplanade? You should just STAY in DL, where your obviously so much happier and leave DCA to folks who enjoy it.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

California Screamin' is one of the smoothest coasters I've ever been on and Grizzly River Rapids is by far the best raft ride ever. I could ride those two all day.

I love GRR, Soarin', Screamin', ToT, taking my son on Monsters Inc. and Flick's Fun Fiar, and looking at Paradise Pier from across the bay. I think that my favorite thing to do is eat lunch at the Wine Country Trattoria. We love the food and love the atmosphere.

Smile Re: Favorite Thing To Do @ DCA

Soarin and Mulholland madness

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast