Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Favorite Thing To Do @ DCA

Soarin', Screamin' (such an amazing roller coaster that never gets old), ToT is just incredible. Grizzly is a favorite especially on rainy days. For some reason when people are already wet from rain, they don't like getting even wetter... we love it!

Ariel's Grotto is now our 2nd favorite restaurant (behind Blue Bayou) after discovering it this trip. Taste Pilots is amazing as well. There really is so much to love at DCA and I think the problem that most people have with it is they try to say that it's not like Disneyland... but it was never meant to be like Disneyland. It's a different kind of park. I agree that the themeing feels a little weak and that space usage wasn't thought out quite as well as it should have been, but I really love DCA and we spend at least a full day there when we go.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

My favorite thing to do at DCA is - - leave - - to go back to Disneyland...

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    My favorite thing to do at DCA is - - leave - - to go back to Disneyland...
    people like you are dumb

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by DCADude
    people like you are dumb

Wow. I mean, WOW!

• Banned User

I lvoe DCA way better then Disneyland, sounds stupid but its true! I love the rides, the atmosphere and DCA in general. the rides are awsome there!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    I am not brave enough to ride the swinging cars on the Sun Wheel. However, I did ride the stationery one on the last night of my trip to Disneyland last year. The view of the Fireworks from up there was wonderful.
    I will do most cvoasters if given a chance, but the sun wheel frightned me to no end. and I did not ride the moving one I also did the maliboomer, but that sun wheel makes me sick just the think of it. barbara you are brave

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

On a hot day.. Animations is the best to lay down especially if you are lucky enough to get the whole couch to yourself. I actually have slept there for a good hour. Very relaxing especially with the views. Watching Aladdin and Monsters Inc. I would ride ToT all the time but my kids cant ride it yet and i wont ride it by myself.

Ever try riding HM by yourself..FREAKIN Scares me!! I admit it!.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

My two faves are Tower of Terror and Soarin' Over California. I enjoy Grizzly, but I don't like getting wet -- which means ponchos, and those aren't much fun in the summer. I really like Screamin', too (smooth!), but I can only do that three times in a row before I start to feel a bit barfy.

My wife likes the Mali-Booomer, but I won't go on that one again.

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I will do most cvoasters if given a chance, but the sun wheel frightned me to no end. and I did not ride the moving one I also did the maliboomer, but that sun wheel makes me sick just the think of it. barbara you are brave
    A few years ago, my mom and I took three young cousins to DCA and wanted to ride the Sun Wheel. None of us had ever been, so we went on the swinging cars and had no idea what we were in for. The girls loved it, I loved it. My poor mom didn't know what hit her! She was a real trooper though. The only thing she said when we got off was "I think I'll go on a red (stationary) car next time." We did - and the view was fantastic from the top!

Other favorites at DCA include riding California Screamin' and the Maliboomer (and getting a corn dog afterward), ToT and eating dinner on the patio of the Trattoria while watching the Electrical Parade.

• Minion FOREVER!

Cal Screamin', Animation Building (lobby, Drawn to Animation, Crush, "grottos"), Monster's, Soarin, GRR (only when warm), Sun Wheel (stationary!). Like getting the tortillas (yummy when fresh!) I actually like Golden Dreams (for personal reasons; makes me cry everytime). Parades (ELP/BPB).

Sorry, don't like ToT/Maliboomer type rides

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I didn't ride the moving one. The stationery one is just fine. It doesn't go very fast and it gives you a beautiful view of everything.. I took some great pictures from up there.

• Popular Princess

i won't name names, but if you're posting in here simply to say that your favorite thing is to leave dca, i'd really prefer if you didn't post in this thread at all as i was aiming to focus on the positive.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There are many things that I didn't have time to do at DCA, on my first trip to the Disneyland Resort last year. I will jot the many suggestions given here down, and include them in my Disneyland Passporter, so that I will remember them.

• Life is Great!

cove bar, screamin, cove bar, TOT, cove bar, soarin, cove bar, grizzly, cove bar.........
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    There are many things that I didn't have time to do at DCA, on my first trip to the Disneyland Resort last year. I will jot the many suggestions given here down, and include them in my Disneyland Passporter, so that I will remember them.
    i hope you have a blast on your trip! i'm so excited for you as i follow your trip countdown in the other thread. hope these suggestions are helpful and make your trip even more special!

for everyone else, keep the ideas coming! there are so many unique opinions so far! i'm loving reading all of them!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast