Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Can Only Wish For More!

Re: Favorite Thing To Do @ DCA

I just love walking through the whole park, thinking about how it's a place with so much potential that I can't wait for the future.

I love DCA as it was my second home as a CM, and I love how beautiful it looks at night, the whole park, not just the pier. Think about it next time you're walking to ToT, the creepy "alley" between Hyperion and Animation. The spooky forest walk next to Grand Californian and Grizzly. The way you walk past the Farm and into the Coast, you know, following the path along the performance corridor from Bugs to Pier.

Did this make sense?
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl
    eating dinner on the patio of the Trattoria while watching the Electrical Parade.
    Wow, what a killer idea. I'm SO down with this, I'm going to try it next trip.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Just this guy......

I would say the number one thing I like is Soarin'

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub
    I just love walking through the whole park, thinking about how it's a place with so much potential that I can't wait for the future.

I love DCA as it was my second home as a CM, and I love how beautiful it looks at night, the whole park, not just the pier. Think about it next time you're walking to ToT, the creepy "alley" between Hyperion and Animation. The spooky forest walk next to Grand Californian and Grizzly. The way you walk past the Farm and into the Coast, you know, following the path along the performance corridor from Bugs to Pier.

Did this make sense?
    that makes perfect sense. i LOVE dca at night. the lights on the pier are beautiful and the lighting on the tot is pure genious. i especially love the flickering letter. the forest walk is so peaceful and quiet, especially at night. doing the redwood creek challenge trail at night is a perfect way to end the day. the music plays softly in the background and the kids can get out their excess energy.

i also like the way things connect throughout the park. it is kinda cool to walk past a farm-setting into a coastal setting. it all blends perfectly, one into the other.

i'm excited to see what's up next for this park!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Remember that Disneyland was bit of a folly, when it first opened. I think that Disneyland is such a gem, that it is very difficult for DCA to be it's neighbor, and live up to some people's expectations. I thought that it had a lot of good qualities, and I am looking forward to spending some time there.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• I met Walt Disney!

My favorite thing to do is just walk around the Hollywood area. In my opinion, it is the best themed area of the park! Maybe I like it because it reminds me of MGM in Florida? Anyway, I love to just sit across from the hot dog place and enjoy the surroundings. Ok....... and maybe ride TOT a few times!

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Remember that Disneyland was bit of a folly, when it first opened. I think that Disneyland is such a gem, that it is very difficult for DCA to be it's neighbor, and live up to some people's expectations. I thought that it had a lot of good qualities, and I am looking forward to spending some time there.
    I'm with you. And while I've been taken to task for the opinion before, I've seen pictures of Disneyland at 5 years old and it sure wasn't the park we know today.

DCA is "young" and I'm looking forward to watching it fill in and grow over the years. Grizzly Peak is beautiful now, can't wait till the landscaping and trees mature. I've never failed to have a GREAT time at DCA, but I like SFMM and Knott's too, so what do I know.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Banned User

the only thing I don't like about it is that it gets a bad rap!
    oh and maybe the kids climbing haven over near GRR (I just don't get it!)

I love it!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    When comparing theme parks in general, DCA is a wonderful park. When comparing Disney theme parks, DCA sucks it up. But, almost everything is really enjoyable.
    Yes, I completely agree. Many of you have the advantage of being close and experiencing - or not experiencing - the park on a regular basis. But the tyranny of distance gives me a slightly different perspective. To me, DCA was a pretty groovy park. It does suffer by virtue of being next to the most famous theme park in the world, and I suspect that counts against it the most. For all the "lack of theming" and "not enough to do" arguments, I think that completely overlooks the fact that it has some pretty major things going for it.

Soarin' was easily a favourite, as it was something both my girlfriend and I really got into. Tower of Terror is largely responsible for me becoming a thrill-ride junkie, and completely curing me of my imagined fear of heights and falling. (Of course, it had the opposite effect on my poor girlie). I also think much can be said for walking around the Golden State area and soaking in the well-constructed ambience.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    I'm with you. And while I've been taken to task for the opinion before, I've seen pictures of Disneyland at 5 years old and it sure wasn't the park we know today.

DCA is "young" and I'm looking forward to watching it fill in and grow over the years.
    Without regard to my previously expressed feelings about the park, the Disneyland-DCA at five years old comparison is absurd, in my opinion. Compare the resources at Walt's disposal then compared to what the vast Disney company has now.

Then, Walt was doing something no one had ever done.
    DCA opened 45-plus years after the original, amost 30 years after WDW, etc.

And Anaheim/Orange County as a whole, 1960 compared to 2006? Competition from other major parks and tourist attractions? Please.

With all due respect, you'll have to do better than that to explain DCA's disappointing performance to date.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So we are getting off topic here again. The title of the thread is Favorite Thing to Do at DCA. The original Poster has asked us once already to stick to that.

Since I live all the way here in Chicago, and I will at most only come to California perhaps once a year, I feel DCA has enough to keep me happy.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Without regard to my previously expressed feelings about the park, the Disneyland-DCA at five years old comparison is absurd, in my opinion. Compare the resources at Walt's disposal then compared to what the vast Disney company has now.

Then, Walt was doing something no one had ever done.
    DCA opened 45-plus years after the original, amost 30 years after WDW, etc.

And Anaheim/Orange County as a whole, 1960 compared to 2006? Competition from other major parks and tourist attractions? Please.

With all due respect, you'll have to do better than that to explain DCA's disappointing performance to date.

--Barry
    while i respect your opinion, this is a topic for a whole new thread! i'd be happy to start it if you'd like me to. please stay on topic because some people are actually using this thread to help them make their trip plans.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    So we are getting off topic here again. The title of the thread is Favorite Thing to Do at DCA. The original Poster has asked us once already to stick to that.

Since I live all the way here in Chicago, and I will at most only come to California perhaps once a year, I feel DCA has enough to keep me happy.
    My apologies for the unintentional de-railment... I just felt I was responding to a point raised by another member. Still, point well taken.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345