Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Thumbs up The Science of the Hidden 50s

Though it may seem to us that the hidden 50s around the park are just a cute last-minute idea, I think that this is one of the best ideas for the 50th celebration. Not only are some so cleverly hidden, but they provide a sense that the 50th party is everywhere. Finding a little 50 here and there is a constant reminder that its the 50th anniversary. Does anyone else agree with me?

If none of you do, this monkey does.

• Rawr...

My monkey and I do too. Albeit, he is a stoopid monkey....
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jepple
    Though it may seem to us that the hidden 50s around the park are just a cute last-minute idea, I think that this is one of the best ideas for the 50th celebration. Not only are some so cleverly hidden, but they provide a sense that the 50th party is everywhere. Finding a little 50 here and there is a constant reminder that its the 50th anniversary. Does anyone else agree with me?

If none of you do, this monkey does.
    Interesting take on the hidden 50's deal... Personally, it became a game between my girlfriend and I. Soon it became an obsession, and I began taking pictures of each 50. For AP holders, I think it's just a lot of fun to spot them. Almost like a little treasure hunt. Disneyland should pass out some kind of score card so you can keep track of the ones you saw. Maybe give out an 50th sticker or pin if you get them all...

I heard that you can get a full list of the locations at city hall, though I am not sure if they are available yet. I know what you mean about the game element too- I'm having a blast finding all of them. It's great to see new things in places you've been looking at for a while (like the observatron, for example.)

• Banned User

I think it's a clever idea as well, but like Al said, not too many average visitors will get or can get excited about this. Only us Disney fans can truly feel it's a great additional offering for the big 5-0. An out-of-towner however, probablly wouldn't be too excited or even interested.

"Oh look, there's another one of those 50's on that satelite thing in Tomorrowland." or "What's with the 50 on Splash Mountain?"

• Sock Puppet

Hidden 50's Rule!!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

It would be fun if they passed out little cards with riddles telling you where each one is and you have to go around decoding the riddles to find them all. It would be much more fun and entertaining than just a general lists of them at City Hall.

Nevertheless, I LOVE all of the hidden 50s. The Splash Mountain one is one of my favorites!

• Social Imagineer

Yeah, the Splash 50 is my fave so far.

Ugh, why is the Pirates 50 so bloody awful? I mean, it's bloody Pirates of the Caribbean, fer chrissakes. You'd think they could come up with something the slightest bit themed.

• Pirate Girl

Ahoy all,

I was spotting them all over yesterday(Tuesday). I am just wondering why everyone ius calling them "hidden" 50s? I understand the concept of "hidden Mickeys". I don't think these are hidden at all! I like the one on the wooden railroad crossing in Critter Country. I look forward to seeing them all. We didn't even go into Toontown yesterday.

Aprille :-)

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    Yeah, the Splash 50 is my fave so far.

Ugh, why is the Pirates 50 so bloody awful? I mean, it's bloody Pirates of the Caribbean, fer chrissakes. You'd think they could come up with something the slightest bit themed.
    As a "out of towner" I am still excited to see them. But I'm a Disney fan so I guess I don't count either. I'm sure my mom will think they're cool. I am excited to see them and honestly might pick up a list in City Hall if they create one. I'm only there for a limited time and I want to make sure I seem them all. So if it involves cheating and/or your help I will do it. The Splash and Pirates ones? Are they in Al's update or are there photos anywhere? I would love to see them. Could anyone PM me with them? I also excited they did something with that "Space Junk" in Tomorrowland.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Splash mountain, and the sattelite are my favs!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Here ya go, BigPigletFan. Pirates' Mickey (above the entry door to the ride):

And Splash Mountain's:

Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

I think the Splash Mountain and Tom Sawyer Island ones are the best.

•   
    • Minion

Read with sarcasim...

"Wow, aren't they clever..."

"Big Woop"

This is not impressed.

Launch Space Mountain...

Now 's will be impressed...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

Wow that pirates one is terrible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast