Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

Halloween Audition Report

So on a total whim (and because CrazyLegs said I had to go), I decided to go up to North Hollywood this morning for the Halloween auditions.

I got there at around 9:15 am because sign-ups were supposed to start at 9:30 am. There were about 30 other people there by this point. I went through the hallways to the lounge and just laid back in a couch and worked a bit via e-mail waiting for the Disney crew to arrive. They finally got there at 10:00 am and immediately everyone basically stampedes to sign-up. They take us all into a holding room where we signed up and the 2 directors who were casting (One is working on 'Tower of Terror' and 'Disney Princess Fantasy Faire', which is in fact whats going to take over Fantasyland Theatre. The other is directing 'Woody's Roundup' and the 'Main Street' atmosphere show) introduced themselves and basically told everyone what they were looking for.

If I can remember correctly, 'Tower of Terror' is 5 people. A honeymooning couple, a maid, a bellboy and a reporter. They're apparently going to also be riding the attraction with guests throughout the day. He also mentioned the show is behind schedule and the costumes needed to be done yesterday, and what happened later proves this (Details in a bit). 'Disney Princess Fantasy Faire' is basically the show / makeover area that's taking over the Fantasyland Theatre once Snow White is gone.

They only gave people the sides for the Princess Fantasy Faire. The guys got a monologue from Sir Elias and the girls one from Lady Lillian.... wow... I just got the references...

Anyway, we basically waited to be called. I was way down the list. They started with people already in the American Guild of Variety Artists (AGVA) and then moved on to the non-Union people.

Basically they had people go in and either read the side or sing if they were going for the singing shows (Woody & Main St.). If they then saw you as a the type for one of the Tower of Terror characters, they took your picture, took your full measurements (like everywhere), and then had you come back to read for that specific character.

As for my audition... well, I'm pretty rusty and haven't auditioned for anything in over a year. I felt rushed going in and screwed up and I felt like I rushed the monologue, kinda losing the 'Julie Andrews' touch I was trying to give it (Almost came out like 'Integral Hellsing'). They thanked me and off I was. I didn't read for any of the Tower of Terror character, just Lady Lillian.

The big news I heard though is they're casting like crazy right now. Next week is 'High School Musical' auditions (And actually I saw a girl in the holding room who looked exactly like the female lead in the movie); then the week after that is Face Characters; and the end of the month is Atmosphere. Also in August they'll be casting for 'Jedi Training Academy', mainly the Jedi Master lead, which has to be over 5'9''.

Pretty cool stuff coming up. Hopefully if I have time, I'll prep myself more and audition again.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Neep meep beep

Re: Halloween Audition Report

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    So on a total whim (and because CrazyLegs said I had to go)...
    CrazyLegs was the one who urged you to go?!?!?.... pffff
    Last edited by RobotMirror; 08-09-2006 at 01:31 PM.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    'CrazyLegs was the one who urged you to go?!?!?.... pffff
    She started it. You gave me the final booster. I blame both of you'se guys.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• insufferable know-it-all

Why can I TOTALLY picture Sadako in a French Maid outfit on ToT?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    They only gave people the sides for the Princess Fantasy Faire. The guys got a monologue from Sir Elias and the girls one from Lady Lillian.... wow... I just got the references....
    Congrats on making it through the audition. So what is the reference, I'm not getting it?

I'm glad to hear they are casting like crazy so that hopefully these new entertainment changes will be in place when we are there Oct. 31st-Nov. 4th.
    Michelle

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by stagemomx3
    ...what is the reference, I'm not getting it?...
    Elias and Lillian ... Walter Elias Disney and Lillian Disney...? Get it now?

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stagemomx3
    Congrats on making it through the audition. So what is the reference, I'm not getting it?
    Walter Elias Disney and Lilian Disney.

Thank you. I didn't know that was Walt Disney's middle name. Actually it never occured to me his first name was probably Walter. I'm not very much of a detail person.
    Michelle

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Why can I TOTALLY picture Sadako in a French Maid outfit on ToT?
    If only they were going for that sort of thing... From what I noticed, the people who got called back for the maid were mildly overweight short older women.

The crowd in the holding room seemed to be mostly teens and recent grads. Although I did talk a bunch with one really cool tall skinny guy with long hair who said the last audition he did was for the Jack Sparrow face character and got invited to come back for this one. This one CM (I think he was the stage manager) kept telling him he'd have to cut his hair if he got cast joking, since the CM himself was bald.

All in all, I think from what I heard they had about 85 people audition in-house (which happened last night); 15 AGVA people and about 100 non-union standby's. Yep, they were busy. No wonder I felt so rushed
    Julie Rei

• All you need is LOVE

I am so glad you went Congrats on doing it

• ...TWO BITS!

THanks for the report! I'd give you more rep, but I just gave you some for another thread. I would so just go audition just for fun. But I know I wouldn't be able to commit to work cause I go to college just a wee bit far away. Speaking of auditions... I haven't auditioned for anything in nearly a year as well!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

great report! very interesting

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Speaking of auditions... I haven't auditioned for anything in nearly a year as well!
    Yea, that's why I'm really glad I went. I made tons of notes about my audition weaknesses I haven't been aware of because I haven't done one in so long. I've only done voiceover auditions where I've had the capability to do record 2-3 takes before picking one to send to the director. Now I feel like even though I completely bombed this one, I can use what I've learned and ace the next one. I have confidence in my abilties, and I know I'm good because of what I've already accomplished; it's just when you're nervous and unprepared everything else goes out the door.

Main point: Don't let yourself feel rushed. As my storytelling teacher would say "Before you start, breath, take 15 seconds to make eye contact with your audience and then when you're calm and feel ready, start."
    Julie Rei

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

Good for you! I'm glad you went to try!
    <o>

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Good job on going. I went to the casting for the last year of the ELP for DL and was very happy I did, I found out I can't dance at all.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast