Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Escape From Critter Country: an idea to alleviate congestion

Escape From Critter Country - Kurt Russell returns to the Disney fold?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

I've always said we should simply move the train station from NOS to CC. Have it be on the second story of the Hungry Bear. Such a station would allow restraunts, attractions, and retail to actually survive in that nice little plaza. The space in NOS could be used for a small stage, expanded que for HM (through the graveyard), expanded seating for Cafe Orleans, or something entirely new.

• Lost in Wonderland

But if you add the walk, it would detract from the train ride... Hey, there's tourists in the wilderness! This walkway would need to be fairly wide (imagine having a slow moving double stroller in front of you.) Plus you would need to keep the walk/path safely away from the train (think fences), and you would need to hide the Fantasmic dock. And it would smell back there from the trash and Circle D Ranch.

The walk would be the "long route" back, and it'd be shorter to just walk back the way you came. Maybe a route looping back to adventureland or Main Street would be more useful.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

How about just an EXIT! Blow a door into some of those shrubbery looking things and make an exit only -- no stamps, no return... bye bye...EXIT!

• =)

The path design up in Critter Country certainly can make for some bad traffic jams, but the options are limited. According to Google Earth, walking outside the berm from the Hungry Bear to Big Thunder Ranch is roughly 1300 feet; walking from and to the same spots in the conventional way is more than 1600 feet. HOWEVER--the big difference is that the 1600-foot path has no less than four E-ticket rides along it. Fitting even one E-ticket in the northeast backstage areas would require fairly intensive rearranging of the facilities. The positioning of the Pooh show building also makes it practically necessary to have this imaginary path go around the west side of it--NOT next to the berm. There are a lot of important backstage buildings clustered right on the edge of the berm when you go north. Building even a simple path would be tricky.

More practical than that would be to build a shorter path on top of of the Splash Mountain show building. This would have to loop over the Haunted Mansion show building and join up with the main path at the transition from NOS to Critter Country. A little awkward, yeah, but cheaper and shorter than moving a dozen buildings out of the way for a quarter-mile footpath.

• ...TWO BITS!

I wrote up a CC expansion to FL if any one is interested, its in my signature link. Not sure if I mentioned it. Anyways, I thought about the F! dock. They could make a new F! dock on the unused north half of TSI. If the boats in this new storage area need to go back stage, they could easily do that- during park closing, the pedistrain bridge for the CC/FL walkway lifts up & splits apart so the boats can go backstage. This waterway towards backstage makes a bend so it has an illusion that the waterway continues on and on and on.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• :)

I wish that whole backstage area wasnt congested with...the workshops for many of the attractions, managers offices, animal storage and tons of other misc. warehouses....it would be one really long walk too....just stay outta critter country, aint nothin good there anyways

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Or they could just put some more E-Ticket/decent attractions in Tomorrowland drawing some of the crowds away from this side of the park
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Ah, my life for a Skyway ride from Critter Country to Tomorrowland...

• It's all nonsense

Underground walkways!

What about a skyway from CC to TSI (where you could hop off), then onto the BTR area?

• The one, the only...

I like the stage coach ride idea, but space is the problem.

The train is also plausible, but the problem is that it is so close to what is now the New Orleans Station. I would not like moving the station because it would just move more people into that area, causing more of a jam.

I think people are missing an obvious option: THE RIVER!

I think that a river boat other than the Mark Twain or Columbia could be added to pick up people and take them to the current dock for the Mark Twain. Maybe a could smaller boats to move the amount of people. Maybe just a Raft style boat to move the number of people needed. (I always thought it would be cool to see that Tom Sawyer raft move along the river!!)

Well, that would be my solution to the problem. It is a real problem which I believe could be resolved.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I think people are missing an obvious option: THE RIVER!

I think that a river boat other than the Mark Twain or Columbia could be added to pick up people and take them to the current dock for the Mark Twain. Maybe a could smaller boats to move the amount of people. Maybe just a Raft style boat to move the number of people needed. (I always thought it would be cool to see that Tom Sawyer raft move along the river!!)

Well, that would be my solution to the problem. It is a real problem which I believe could be resolved.
    Good idea! And a great excuse to bring back the keel boats with a new landing over on the Big Thunder side of ROA. Of course using the river wouldn't help much during Fantasmic! which is when most of the worst congestion occurs.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by HotelNeptune
    Would it be a possibility to add a train station there somehow? Maybe that would make more sense... or some sort of rustic limo service.
    You would prob. have to dump New Orleans Sq. as a train depo.
    That would be a short trip and I think w/ the train's length it would still have the end of it at the NOS depo (if anything you'd be stuck in the tunnel of Splash Mountain).
    Maybe if you went farther down, then it might work (but isn't there a road for service work down that way?....it would be hard to work around that...right?)

I do agree that it gets bottled necked in that area.
    only two rides and lots of congestion.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny
    How about just an EXIT! Blow a door into some of those shrubbery looking things and make an exit only -- no stamps, no return... bye bye...EXIT!

Wouldn't you be dumped back into Downtown Disney. That's not exactly a fun walk if yo have to go to Harbor Blvd....meaning, security check points.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12