• Banned User

Question Upkeep during the 50th...

How do you think that the upkeep will remain throughout the 18 months of the 50th anniversary? In the past few months, they seem to just keep constantly painting things like such on Main Street. I'm not talking about the entire building, but rather the lower portions of the buildings that get beaten up by stollers, feet, etc. (It never used to be that way in the 90's) Do you think they will keep the park pristine throughout the ENTIRE celebration including 2006 and beyond? Or abandoned things once it kicks off? What you personally think?

Me? I think and HOPE they keep everything up extremely well like they have been doing. Here's hopeing and wishing. COME ON Matt Ouimet!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Thats a great question! So far everything has been gearing up for the big kickoff, so its hard to say. Hopefully they will stay on top of everything like they used to so there won't have to be any huge refurbs.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Senior Minion

I too wonder about this, and with more foot traffic it should be quite a task to clean up the parks.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Senior Minion

I wonder how long some rides will hold up...It seems that at least one E-ticket, sometimes two, goes down every year. I'd hate to see a return of the Pressler "run-it-until-it-breaks-down-completely" mentality just for the 50th.

At the same time, once the 50th is over, and the party's finished, I'd think there's going to be a lot of things needing rehab.

• Best Buds

I am wondering about the photo collages. Since I won't be there until next summer, I'd hate to think they will be all faded away. It will be hard enough to find my photos (assuming they used them) without worring about washed-out images.

Would they consider replacing the prints from time to time?
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BugsBunny
    I am wondering about the photo collages. Since I won't be there until next summer, I'd hate to think they will be all faded away. It will be hard enough to find my photos (assuming they used them) without worring about washed-out images.

Would they consider replacing the prints from time to time?
    Shouldn't be difficult or costly to reprint these.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I hope they do repirnts, some of the photo collages are already torn and water damaged.

Plus - I would expect to see a year or so of hefty rehabs and painting once the 50th is over, just like we've seen over the last 12 months.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.