Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16

    • Back After Missing MC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Yzma's "Secret Lab"
    Posts
    4,253

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl
    It really is beautiful seeing all the decorations, getting to have hot chocolate or hot apple cider and possibly seeing Christmas carolers wandering Main Street.
    Just reading that gets me way too excited and actually ready for the holidays to get here (such an odd thought when it has been around 110 with the heat index here)!

  2. #17

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,668

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    We've gone each year since 98 or 99. (We missed 2003). We go down about the 23rd and stay til the 2nd or 3rd. We love it. While it is packed to the gils, it is a different atmosphere than the summer crowd. If I had to choose one time to go, this would be it.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  3. #18

    • Back After Missing MC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Yzma's "Secret Lab"
    Posts
    4,253

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    Great input lisaboo and Malcon10t, I really appreciate it. Just hearing things like this gets me so excited and makes me want to hop a plane and go out there right now!

  4. #19

    • Neep meep beep
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seven miles from Disneyland/DCA!
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    I went one New Years Eve years ago, and really enjoyed the park, and had a great time. There's just so much excitement in the air - I'd say go, and I think you will have a wonderful time!

  5. #20

    • Back After Missing MC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Yzma's "Secret Lab"
    Posts
    4,253

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I went one New Years Eve years ago, and really enjoyed the park, and had a great time. There's just so much excitement in the air - I'd say go, and I think you will have a wonderful time!
    Thanks Froggy, it is great to hear from you regulars who I consider the eyes and ears of the park

    PS - absolutely LOVE the new avatar! I had to stifle my giggle the first time I saw it so my office mates would not think I had finally gone insane!

  6. #21

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    361

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    I drove 460 miles this past NYE to be there!

    I'd do it again in a heartbeat... even tho it rained on us til 3 pm...
    I'd still do it all over again... crowds and all!

    Have a great time!

  7. #22

    • is on the rocks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Home sweet home
    Posts
    2,243

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Just reading that gets me way too excited and actually ready for the holidays to get here (such an odd thought when it has been around 110 with the heat index here)!
    LOL - that's the best time to be thinking about it! I'm definitely looking forward to visiting when the holiday season hits.

  8. #23

    • Back After Missing MC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Yzma's "Secret Lab"
    Posts
    4,253

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSEPLightningBug
    I drove 460 miles this past NYE to be there!

    I'd do it again in a heartbeat... even tho it rained on us til 3 pm...
    I'd still do it all over again... crowds and all!

    Have a great time!
    So great to hear! I was starting to question if this was a good idea but then again how can going to the Happiest Place on Earth ever be a bad decision?

    Speaking of rain, how does this affect the park (for example what rides do they shut down)?

    PS - Spidergrrrl if we end up at the parks at the same time I will try to keep a keen eye out for you amongst the masses and give you a wave

  9. #24

    • is on the rocks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Home sweet home
    Posts
    2,243

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    LL,

    You've got a deal! Although I have to warn you - at 4'11" I'm going to be pretty hard to find in a crowd!

    Maybe I should wear a very tall hat so you can see me easier.


  10. #25

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    ^^ Usually the only rides that get shut down 100% are the Tea Cups and Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland. I can't think of anything at DCA that get's shut down.


  11. #26

    • Premium Youngling and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Making your Starbucks beverage
    Posts
    3,796

    Cool Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    Usually New Years is one of the bussiest times of the year but last year wasnt nearly as bad as previous years. I love Disneyland on New Years... SO MUCH FUN!

  12. #27

    • Back After Missing MC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Yzma's "Secret Lab"
    Posts
    4,253

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl
    LL,

    You've got a deal! Although I have to warn you - at 4'11" I'm going to be pretty hard to find in a crowd!

    Maybe I should wear a very tall hat so you can see me easier.

    Hey, I am a towering 5'2 so we will be able to see each other between all the knees

  13. #28

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    947

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    You can look at my pictures and read my trip report, below, to get a sense of things at that time of year.

    It's the most exciting time of the year. The excitement just builds and builds starting the 26th and increases as you head to the 31st.

    I've done NYE for the past 2 years, and it's rained each time.

    I don't know if I'll do it this year, but I'll definitely be there that week.

  14. #29

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,668

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Speaking of rain, how does this affect the park (for example what rides do they shut down)?
    Teacups and Snow White get shut down. Vacuums come out and the Bobsleds get the water suctioned out as you get out. The park becomes a sea of blue ponchos (an a puppy in a blue poncho!) My favorite ride on Screaming was riding in the rain 2 years ago on New Years! HISTA gets a few more customers. Its actually a lot of fun to be there in the park during the rain.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  15. #30

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,103

    Re: New Years at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pisces
    You can look at my pictures and read my trip report, below, to get a sense of things at that time of year.

    It's the most exciting time of the year. The excitement just builds and builds starting the 26th and increases as you head to the 31st.

    I've done NYE for the past 2 years, and it's rained each time.

    I don't know if I'll do it this year, but I'll definitely be there that week.
    Yep, I've been there the past 8 New Years, and it's rained about
    half those days. . .. . BUT it's always cleared up in time to have
    the fireworks at midnight!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disneyland 51 Years
    By cakvalasc in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 04:42 PM
  2. Disneyland on New Years Eve
    By DLForever in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 09:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 03:24 PM
  4. Disneyland for New Years Eve & Day
    By MSEPLightningBug in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 11:31 PM
  5. Disneyland on New Years Eve
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 09:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •