Quote Originally Posted by Pisces
You can look at my pictures and read my trip report, below, to get a sense of things at that time of year.

It's the most exciting time of the year. The excitement just builds and builds starting the 26th and increases as you head to the 31st.

I've done NYE for the past 2 years, and it's rained each time.

I don't know if I'll do it this year, but I'll definitely be there that week.
Great trip report and I loved seeing what the inside of the Grand Californian Hotel looks like, beautiful. This gives me a good idea of what to expect

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
Teacups and Snow White get shut down. Vacuums come out and the Bobsleds get the water suctioned out as you get out. The park becomes a sea of blue ponchos (an a puppy in a blue poncho!) My favorite ride on Screaming was riding in the rain 2 years ago on New Years! HISTA gets a few more customers. Its actually a lot of fun to be there in the park during the rain.
This actually gets me so excited because I love the rain! My only fear was that the park would really shut down with the rain and we would not be able to do anything but this makes me feel much better. One year we went to Worlds of Fun (amusement park in Kansas City) and it was pouring rain all day. We had such a blast and rode everything as much as we wanted because everyone else bailed since they did not want to get wet. We loved every second and I can only imagine it would be a million times better at Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
Yep, I've been there the past 8 New Years, and it's rained about
half those days. . .. . BUT it's always cleared up in time to have
the fireworks at midnight!!
That really is great news! Thanks for making me feel a lot better about planning a trip during one of the busiest times at the park