Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Maximum Capacity

I'm only parroting what I've heard before, and odn't have any 'inside' info. But, the max. capacity of Disneyland is based alot on the capacity of rides- such as next spring when Nemo is up and going they park will allow more guests in before it reaches maximum capacity.
    The actual cut-off Disney does is a little below the fire marshal regulations. This is no doubt to be 1. on the safe side so they don't go over. and 2. Disney knows that once the park gets sooo crowded, guests start complaining and need to comped, that and they may loose a return visitor because it was too crowded.
    The number varies and will never be concrete, but the most common numbers I've heard float around the extreme high 60ks to very low 70ks. Certainly not 80ks though.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• MINIATURIZATION!!!....

Exclamation Re: All that REALLY matters is the capacity of the RIDES!

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Bear
    The mini Autopia was taken away to make access for "It's A Small World",
    which I think that has more capacity than the cars and motorboats.
    I believe it was raised to be replaced by the parade viewing area NEAR Its a Small World and for the larger regular Autopia track, but my point was that many of the rides that used to draw in the guests from the walkways on busy days are gone. Mini Autopias gave kids something else that was exclusive to them and provided a ride with relatively high capacity in ADDITION to Its a Small World. There was no addition of more boats to IaSW in leiu of the motorboats and mini Autopias.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Back when they were dealing with severe staff shortages...last fall?...it was posted that the maximum guests allowed varies and is based on the number of available staff at times. If the park is severely under staffed, I think it may have been Darkbeer that stated capacity could be as low as 50,000. I think running at full tilt with a full staff, I've read that 4th of July can run as high as 80,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Niele
    So, I've heard they will close the gates if it reaches capacity... do you get "special treatment" when staying at GCH? Do the folks staying at the on site hotels get to go in still or are they turned back also? Does anyone know about this?
    If you've already bought a ticket, then they let you in. For example, if you were there on Monday and bought a 3 day park hopper and used one day already (so therefore you have to use the other 2 days within 13 days) and then on Wednesday, the park reached capacity, they WILL STILL LET YOU IN because you already have a ticket (no matter where you're staying).

But if you have an AP, they won't let you in (although they let my 7 yo niece in because she had an AP but all the rest of us had park hoppers -- they made an exception).

Also, when DL reached capacity, they still let you into DCA...

JULIE
    This is my signature.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JulieNMM
    Also, when DL reached capacity, they still let you into DCA...
    But only if DCA is not at capacity.

Bwahahahahaha! I know I couldn't keep a straight face!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    But only if DCA is not at capacity.

Bwahahahahaha! I know I couldn't keep a straight face!!
    I was wondering if you were serious!!!
    This is my signature.

•   

Atomobile is right on the money! The park used to have an average capacity of what it's been having through the 50th but you couldn't even compare the crowds from then to today. And that's because the rides were up and running and evened out the park considerably.

I went to Disneyland on December 27-29 last year. As we were driving to the Mickey and Friend's parking, there were signs that read, "Disneyland full. California Adventure is open," or something along the lines of that on our last day. We were running late at our hotel because we had to pack up and check out, so this was around noon time. But when we got to the esplanade, there was a big line at the DCA entrace, and hardly anyone at DL. I don't know how many people were there that day, or if it's like that every Christmas for that matter.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by OhOhSheila
    I went to Disneyland on December 27-29 last year. As we were driving to the Mickey and Friend's parking, there were signs that read, "Disneyland full. California Adventure is open," or something along the lines of that on our last day. We were running late at our hotel because we had to pack up and check out, so this was around noon time. But when we got to the esplanade, there was a big line at the DCA entrace, and hardly anyone at DL. I don't know how many people were there that day, or if it's like that every Christmas for that matter.
    We were at the park from December 22-26 and found the crowds managable until the 26th. There seemed to be a sea of people no matter where you went and forget about actually getting on a ride! We talked to a CM that said it was crazy from around the week before the 25th through the New Year. It was insane but well worth it to spend Christmas at the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by OhOhSheila
    There was a big line for DCA because they weren't letting people into DL! We were also there last Christmas (12/22, 23, and 27) and it was totally crazy. Apparently the day after Christmas is the busiest day of the year!

JULIE
    This is my signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12