Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Re: Napa Rose Photo Dinner Review/Report August 3, 2006

Thank you so much, Mr. Frog -- what a great birthday celebration for Mrs. Frog! I think you all looked quite nice in your white shirts. The tadpole is gorgeous and looks like a sweet and well-behaved litte frog.

We were supposed to have dinner at Napa Rose for our anniversary a few months ago, but it didn't work out.... long story..... short version: We brought our own sitter for our two kids*and* bought her an AP; she got sick and didn't babysit. It was worse than having a third child as she took up lots of space in our room at the Grand Californian, plus more expensive to feed. No Napa Rose for us. I hope to get back there soon!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina
    Thank you so much, Mr. Frog -- what a great birthday celebration for Mrs. Frog! I think you all looked quite nice in your white shirts. The tadpole is gorgeous and looks like a sweet and well-behaved litte frog.

We were supposed to have dinner at Napa Rose for our anniversary a few months ago, but it didn't work out.... long story..... short version: We brought our own sitter for our two kids*and* bought her an AP; she got sick and didn't babysit. It was worse than having a third child as she took up lots of space in our room at the Grand Californian, plus more expensive to feed. No Napa Rose for us. I hope to get back there soon!
    Thank you. My tadpole is, in most circumstances, a well behaved little frog. But he is a boy, so he likes to take off screaming and then take apart random things, you know.

• Food & Whine Aficianado

Great report and pics. THAT's the kind of food I want to be served at Blue Bayou. It's ironic that the hotel serves real food and the BB serves "hotel food." So cool that you took the tadpole, too! You're such a good frog.
    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

• Senior Minion

Oh, and please tell Mdme Frog that, in the words of Fernando, she looks marvelous, simply marvelous!

• FastPass n00b

I don't know if I could eat duck. I mean, I have some problems eating beef...I'm no vegetarian, far from it, but as an animal lover I kind of have slight issues with it. Stuff like duck, veal and lamb I don't think I could do just because I could never get past the fact that I'm eating such a cute little animal. Cows are huge and just one feeds a ton of people, but the smaller animals I don't think I could eat. Chickens have a "lights are on but no one's home" look in their eyes so those quirky little birds are definitely meant for nothing more than the food chain.

The main thing is that you enjoyed it, that's all that really counts. I guess I analyze stuff a little too much and I kind of destroy tasty dishes like roast duck for myself, but there really is nothing wrong with it if you enjoy it.

• Lost in Wonderland

Awesome pictures, thank you for sharing! Your son is adorable btw!

• is on the rocks

Frogberto,

Thank you for sharing your pics - you have a beautiful family, and the food looked pretty good too!

You've inspired me - I'm now trying to convince DH to take me there for my b-day dinner.

• Minion

Thanks for sharing you special celebration with us.You have a lovely family, and it looked like a wonderful evening!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• Banned User

You've got the perfect little family! I'm jealous!

Hope the lady had a great Bday!

• Senior Minion

You have a great looking family Frogberto. And your son looks sharp in that photo of you all together. Happy B-Day to your wife.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Hey, My husband and I were there the very same night! It is such a lovely place to dine. Our meal (for two) was around $180. But I think you are wrong about the Napa Rose giving an AP discount.

• Banned User

Looks good!

Thanks for sharing

• Having a Grand Day!

Great Pictures, but...

AAAGGGH! The Napa Rose is ment to be a Upscale Resturant, and they are using COMIC SANS MS on their menus! What is this world coming to, especially when I they could use one of the 100's of Craftsman fonts avaliable, including the ones that the hotel uses for the Signage.

Back to your thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    I don't know if I could eat duck. I mean, I have some problems eating beef...I'm no vegetarian, far from it, but as an animal lover I kind of have slight issues with it. Stuff like duck, veal and lamb I don't think I could do just because I could never get past the fact that I'm eating such a cute little animal. Cows are huge and just one feeds a ton of people, but the smaller animals I don't think I could eat. Chickens have a "lights are on but no one's home" look in their eyes so those quirky little birds are definitely meant for nothing more than the food chain.

The main thing is that you enjoyed it, that's all that really counts. I guess I analyze stuff a little too much and I kind of destroy tasty dishes like roast duck for myself, but there really is nothing wrong with it if you enjoy it.
    Don't worry, it's probably just the ducks from the Rivers of America that have died from high cholesterol after eating too many french fries tossed from the Hungry Bear!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus
    Don't worry, it's probably just the ducks from the Rivers of America that have died from high cholesterol after eating too many french fries tossed from the Hungry Bear!
    As they say, it's not the duck that kills you .... it's the bill!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast