Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Is Disneylands security affected?

    Now with the Terrorist plots overseas to attack Americans again, foiled, has the security team at Disneyland become more strict with checking everything before we enter the park? If so, how much time should I allow myself before the park opens to get through security?

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    1313 S. Harbor Blvd.
    Posts
    456

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    Yeah...if they stop allowing water bottles into the park...
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

  3. #3

    • Still wants to be a cat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2.4 Miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    7,149

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    What about sunscreen and hand sanitizer? I'm sure not buying that in the Park!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

  4. #4

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    Well I know that they will let us bring in stuff like that . But the main question I really want to know is how much time will it take to get through security?

  5. #5

    • Fight On for ol' SC!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    915

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    O come on, they haven't cared before and I don't see this changing anything. They have never looked closely enough in bags and until something major occurs I do not see anything happening.





  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    157

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    While nothing is for certain anymore, it would seem that a "strike" at DL is unlikely from the standpoint that it wouldn't do massive damage. The same bomb (small enough to get trough security) that might cause several casualties in a densely crowded area of the park will also cause enough damage to bring down a passenger plane with hundreds of people or derail a train carrying hundreds as well.

    Thus far it would appear that terrorisms goal is maximum numbers with minimum device.

  7. #7

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,009
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc
    While nothing is for certain anymore, it would seem that a "strike" at DL is unlikely from the standpoint that it wouldn't do massive damage. The same bomb (small enough to get trough security) that might cause several casualties in a densely crowded area of the park will also cause enough damage to bring down a passenger plane with hundreds of people or derail a train carrying hundreds as well.

    Thus far it would appear that terrorisms goal is maximum numbers with minimum device.

    Not to be the voice of doom, but they were ALREADY planning to hit Disneyland earlier. Now...maybe they're bored with the idea, (I hope they are) but it seems like if they DID go after the DLR, it would be because it's more of a psychological target, i.e. we wouldn't feel "safe" after it was hit.

  8. #8

    • that's right!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    298

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Not to be the voice of doom, but they were ALREADY planning to hit Disneyland earlier. Now...maybe they're bored with the idea, (I hope they are) but it seems like if they DID go after the DLR, it would be because it's more of a psychological target, i.e. we wouldn't feel "safe" after it was hit.
    Who's "they" and how do you know about their plans? I think Disneyland was just listed as a potential target by a government agency, not scrawled on a piece of paper found on a captured terrorist.

  9. #9

    • Grumpy old man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sonoma State University
    Posts
    1,530

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    Depends on the amount of people going through and how many checkers there are. But for me and my group of 6 (2 of which had bags), it usually took us at the max of 3 minutes, even during the premiere night.

  10. #10

    • That Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wizard Sleeve
    Posts
    4,580

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    I am going to begin stockpiling Churros.


    Also, amazing work by the law enforcement community on this one. This could have easily gone a whole different way, with us reading about it in two weeks, with a totally different result...




  11. #11

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,974
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    Yes, I am very happy that this has been reported as a plot discovered before it happened. Any inconvenience to me is well worth the fact that no human life was lost because of the act of terrorists.

  12. #12

    • old skooler
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    the crown town
    Posts
    82

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    with disneyland being one of the biggest icon area on the west coast and on any given day have thousands of people there you would have to thing it would have to be on top of a very short list of a bunch of spineless cowards. and god knows i hope im wrong but you cant help but wonder but we should not hind in are homes this is the land free and home of the brave not a 3rd world county GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!! so in short to much security is a good thing

  13. #13

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    Quote Originally Posted by kronos
    O come on, they haven't cared before and I don't see this changing anything. They have never looked closely enough in bags and until something major occurs I do not see anything happening.
    Yeah well I haven't been there in over 4 years. So to me, I really had to know how much time I should give myself to get through security. And if they don't care about our safety, then they really should. I would rather them keep us safe before anything bad happens rather than after it happens.

  14. #14

    • Neep meep beep
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seven miles from Disneyland/DCA!
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    I've never bought Disneyland as a terrorist target. In many attacks in the past, they've always targeted military, (USS Cole, Lebanon Marines Barracks), government, (Pentagon and Capitol Building), or financial (World Trade Center twice, plus Osama's stated goals to bring the USA to financial collapse, like the USSR).

  15. #15

    • Say no to Assimilation
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Where its hot hot hot!
    Posts
    918

    Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

    Have you ever seen the list the govt. compiled of terrorist targets in the US? It had some strange things on there. I will try to find the link.


    Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I've never bought Disneyland as a terrorist target. In many attacks in the past, they've always targeted military, (USS Cole, Lebanon Marines Barracks), government, (Pentagon and Capitol Building), or financial (World Trade Center twice, plus Osama's stated goals to bring the USA to financial collapse, like the USSR).
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill




Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] EXTRA! Disneyland Affected by Recession!
    By BoygunaSurf in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 01:56 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 01:14 PM
  3. Bed Bugs Visit Disney And They Pay Off The Guests Affected
    By BALASADA in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 10:33 AM
  4. Tween Power: How 'High School Musical' has affected animation
    By ALIASd in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 09:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •