Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Is Disneylands security affected?

Now with the Terrorist plots overseas to attack Americans again, foiled, has the security team at Disneyland become more strict with checking everything before we enter the park? If so, how much time should I allow myself before the park opens to get through security?

Re: Is Disneylands security affected?

Yeah...if they stop allowing water bottles into the park...
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Still wants to be a cat!

What about sunscreen and hand sanitizer? I'm sure not buying that in the Park!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Well I know that they will let us bring in stuff like that . But the main question I really want to know is how much time will it take to get through security?

• Fight On for ol' SC!

O come on, they haven't cared before and I don't see this changing anything. They have never looked closely enough in bags and until something major occurs I do not see anything happening.

While nothing is for certain anymore, it would seem that a "strike" at DL is unlikely from the standpoint that it wouldn't do massive damage. The same bomb (small enough to get trough security) that might cause several casualties in a densely crowded area of the park will also cause enough damage to bring down a passenger plane with hundreds of people or derail a train carrying hundreds as well.

Thus far it would appear that terrorisms goal is maximum numbers with minimum device.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc
    While nothing is for certain anymore, it would seem that a "strike" at DL is unlikely from the standpoint that it wouldn't do massive damage. The same bomb (small enough to get trough security) that might cause several casualties in a densely crowded area of the park will also cause enough damage to bring down a passenger plane with hundreds of people or derail a train carrying hundreds as well.

Thus far it would appear that terrorisms goal is maximum numbers with minimum device.

Not to be the voice of doom, but they were ALREADY planning to hit Disneyland earlier. Now...maybe they're bored with the idea, (I hope they are) but it seems like if they DID go after the DLR, it would be because it's more of a psychological target, i.e. we wouldn't feel "safe" after it was hit.

• that's right!

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Not to be the voice of doom, but they were ALREADY planning to hit Disneyland earlier. Now...maybe they're bored with the idea, (I hope they are) but it seems like if they DID go after the DLR, it would be because it's more of a psychological target, i.e. we wouldn't feel "safe" after it was hit.
    Who's "they" and how do you know about their plans? I think Disneyland was just listed as a potential target by a government agency, not scrawled on a piece of paper found on a captured terrorist.

• Grumpy old man

Depends on the amount of people going through and how many checkers there are. But for me and my group of 6 (2 of which had bags), it usually took us at the max of 3 minutes, even during the premiere night.

• That Guy

I am going to begin stockpiling Churros.

Also, amazing work by the law enforcement community on this one. This could have easily gone a whole different way, with us reading about it in two weeks, with a totally different result...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Yes, I am very happy that this has been reported as a plot discovered before it happened. Any inconvenience to me is well worth the fact that no human life was lost because of the act of terrorists.

• old skooler

with disneyland being one of the biggest icon area on the west coast and on any given day have thousands of people there you would have to thing it would have to be on top of a very short list of a bunch of spineless cowards. and god knows i hope im wrong but you cant help but wonder but we should not hind in are homes this is the land free and home of the brave not a 3rd world county GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!! so in short to much security is a good thing

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronos
    O come on, they haven't cared before and I don't see this changing anything. They have never looked closely enough in bags and until something major occurs I do not see anything happening.
    Yeah well I haven't been there in over 4 years. So to me, I really had to know how much time I should give myself to get through security. And if they don't care about our safety, then they really should. I would rather them keep us safe before anything bad happens rather than after it happens.

• Neep meep beep

I've never bought Disneyland as a terrorist target. In many attacks in the past, they've always targeted military, (USS Cole, Lebanon Marines Barracks), government, (Pentagon and Capitol Building), or financial (World Trade Center twice, plus Osama's stated goals to bring the USA to financial collapse, like the USSR).

• Say no to Assimilation

Have you ever seen the list the govt. compiled of terrorist targets in the US? It had some strange things on there. I will try to find the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I've never bought Disneyland as a terrorist target. In many attacks in the past, they've always targeted military, (USS Cole, Lebanon Marines Barracks), government, (Pentagon and Capitol Building), or financial (World Trade Center twice, plus Osama's stated goals to bring the USA to financial collapse, like the USSR).
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast