• Official Mice Chat person

Only 2 Elevator Shafts working on TOT

Can anyone tell me why they only have had 2 out of 3 elevator shafts working on my last 2 trips? 2 months ago the center shaft was down, and this monday it was also down... Is this a lack of CM's? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

• I'm not really here

Re: Only 2 Elevator Shafts working on TOT

I can't speak for certain about the specific reason it was down... but generally speaking, number of people riding the ride dictates how many shafts they have running at a given time. When 2 shafts are operating I'm sure they prefer to have the left and right ones only as it keeps crowds further apart, seperates the guests a little more and makes it a more intimate (less crowded), creepy experience over all. Only when at full ride capacity does the center shaft open. This is speaking from what I've seen, not actually discussed with anyone.

Can anyone confirm any of this?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Incognito

Blog Entries

My guess is DCA's attendance #'s aren't large enough to warrant having all 3 shafts open. Be thankful they built it with 3 instead of 2 like at MGM!

I said shaft.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

It was last June of 2005 and they only had one elevator working. Thank god I had a FP and it still took us nearly an hour! The wait time out front said 220 minutes. I dont know why I remember this from so long ago.

• Minion

It all has to do with attendance at DCA.
    Jason

• Premium Youngling and

Ya the last couple times Ive been there, there is always one shaft now working. Probably because of such low attendance

• Say no to Assimilation

I am a little confused. Were they only loading at 2 elevator stations or only using 2 shafts? Because if they were loading in the downstairs area and the upstairs area, they could be running 4 elevators.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• I'm not really here

This is true, I always forget that they have the elevators upstairs to as I've only been loaded upstairs once. 3 shafts x 2 elevators / shaft. Nice ride control software I'll bet.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie
    I am a little confused. Were they only loading at 2 elevator stations or only using 2 shafts? Because if they were loading in the downstairs area and the upstairs area, they could be running 4 elevators.
    Yes, only 2 shafts were working, but that means 4 elevators all together. Wow kronos, was it really a 220 minute wait?? That's insanity.

I'm glad the center shaft isn't broken, I was afraid it was.

• Say no to Assimilation

So 4 out of 6 elevators were running? What was the stand by time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Yes, only 2 shafts were working, but that means 4 elevators all together. Wow kronos, was it really a 220 minute wait?? That's insanity.

I'm glad the center shaft isn't broken, I was afraid it was.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie
    So 4 out of 6 elevators were running? What was the stand by time?
    It had posted 45 Minutes... but was closer to 35.

• Say no to Assimilation

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    It had posted 45 Minutes... but was closer to 35.
    My guess would be they were not running the ride to the max because the line didn't call for it. Who knows for sure. I was there Aug 2nd and all six areas were loading.