Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

Why are people such pigs?!?!?!

It's really making me sad that people can be so disrespectful as to just leave their garbage all over the park. I mean how hard is it to pick it up and take it over to one of the hundreds of garbage cans all over the park and in the queues??? Do people treat their houses like this? I mean seriously, this problem seems to be reaching one of the worst states I've ever seen and not even the CM's seem to care sometimes. I've become so disgusted that when I see someone litter in the park, I'll go up and tell them to pick it up and throw it away. Maybe I have no shame or maybe I've just had it with these people.

Main street after the fireworks:

The ever degrading Parking Structure:

They even leave their crap on 'Pirates of the Caribbean':

Even littering the Bayou itself:

And apparently not even the CM's pay attention anymore because it's so commonplace:

Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Re: Why are people such pigs?!?!?!

I see it too. I just don't understand why some people think the world is their garbage can. At Disneyland of all places there is a trash can in easy walking distance no matter where you are!

• Neep meep beep

You are right - that is disgusting. During a recent ride on Pirates, I saw a drink cup floating on the Bayou, and that, plus the maps and show schedules that constantly litter the Haunted Mansion, makes me sad.

• Say no to Assimilation

That is really sad. Some people have no respect!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Popular Princess

we recently spent 5 days in disneyland. we rode splash mountain everyday, but the last 3 days as we went by the alligator biting brer fox, this same water bottle was floating in the water next to the figures. 3 days in a row that bottle was there and no one bothered to take it out. i bet it's still there! it's disgusting and degrading to see how much stuff there is littering the parks, queues, rides!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• old skooler

your rite but if it bothers you that much to take pic of it and try to show that the cm should worry more about trash than running the ride and making sure everyone is safe maybe you should pick it up just a idea

• Neep meep beep

There's been a clear bottle cap by the rattlesnakes in Big Thunder Mountain since March, 2006 - five months! I know this area has got to be difficult to climb to and clean, but seems like a long time without "taking out the trash".

1293.67 miles from WDW and 1628.52 miles to DL

Sadly, it isn't just DL or WDW that is having a problem with this. It's everywhere..from big cities to smallville USA. I seen adults and children alike littering. After all, if you are a child, why should you have to pick up after yourself if the adult standing next to you doesn't? It's a growing trend I think and it all comes down to respect, which we as a nation are sorely lacking.

And no, I do not believe that you are out of line or have no shame Sadako. Perhaps if someone points out to those who litter that they are being watched, that will get them behave correctly. We'd like to believe that they would throw their trash away because it's the right thing to do but hey...guilt works as well.
    Kuzco: I can't believe this is happening.
    Yzma: Then I bet you weren't expecting *this*.
    [Yzma pulls up her dress. Kuzco and Pacha scream]
    Yzma: [Yzma revealing a knife attatched to her leg] Ah-ha.
    [Kuzco and Pacha sigh with relief]

• just the beernecessities

yep people are sloppy...but I guess that they figure part of the purchase price is they pay to have someone pick up, lame and sociopathic as it is.

I keep hoping that we have hit rock bottom, but society is in a slow inexorable slide away from the most common courtesies.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I agree, Sadako - it's something that needs to be pointed out. Unfortunately, it seems that in general people seem to have less respect than ever before about such behavior in all kinds of public places.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

I hate it and it really saddens me too, Sadako. I usually just pick it up, because I am too much of a coward to confront someone on their lazy, dirty behavior.

• Sock Puppet

You just noticed? It has been like this for months! Just looks at the strollers people leave behind as an example. They leave everything in them, even poo! You have to wonder what their houses look like.

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by disneythug
    your rite but if it bothers you that much to take pic of it and try to show that the cm should worry more about trash than running the ride and making sure everyone is safe maybe you should pick it up just a idea
    I don't know why your comment bothers me so much, but it does. I'm pretty sure that when Sadako goes to DL, she wants to enjoy herself and the last thing she wants to do is pick up after other people.

And tell me - would you want to pick up someone else's crap?

I didn't think so.

• A Pirate's life for me!

It is truly sad to see all of the junk throughout the Parks.

I make a point of having the kids (and us) pick up anything (within reason)that we see in the immediate area that we are in. If we are enjoying a meal at the River Belle and see some trash under our table, we'll pick it up after our meal. If we see something blowing away with the wind, we'll pick it up and toss it. No big deal.

One of our kids was praised by a CM after he saw him pick up some trash that obviously wasn't ours and throw it away. I then treated our son to a nice souvenier for his good deed.

Maybe DL Security should issue littering citations when they on-view the disgusting act...

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast