Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite show on Disneyland?

From the anthology series (Disneyland, Walt Disney Presents, Wonderful World of Color/Disney) what was your favorite episode that specifically dealt with Disneyland and why was it your favorite? I have my favorite but I will wait until I hear from others to see what they think.

www.magicalhotel.com

• Food & Whine Aficianado

Re: Your favorite show on Disneyland?

It was the one where Walt talked about the upcoming POTC.
    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

• The Twilight Zone

yeah that one was pretty cool i like the POTC one

Quote Originally Posted by Pugman
    It was the one where Walt talked about the upcoming POTC.
    Was that one "From Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow"?

when the osmonds rode HM and KURT RUSSEL talked about the making of! it was BAD ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bryangharwood
    when the osmonds rode HM and KURT RUSSEL talked about the making of! it was BAD ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That was called "Disneyland Showtime." I loved that episode and it showed so much of Disneyland.

www.magicalhotel.com

OK now that a few have answered, I can say what mine is. The episode called Disneyland USA....which is misleading because it was not from the anthology series. It was part of the People and Places series. I like it because it is the first color episode with rich, wonderful technicolor and because it was when the Park was only a year and a half old. Great overhead shots, scenes from the Disneyland Hotel, Holidayland and so many scenes from long gone attractions. I would give anything to go back in time and see Disneyland this young.

www.magicalhotel.com

My favorite was a Cinerama one I recall going in to Hollywood and seeing at the Cinerama Dome. It was in the original 3-Strip wide-screen Cinerama process. I believe it was called "The Magic of Disneyland." It was a "featurette." I can't find anything on it on IMDB.com but I certainly recall seeing it. It was filmed in the 60's. Part of a whole slew of "travel" films the studios were experimenting with in Cinerama.

Anyway...it was really neat to see Disneyland in super wide-screen wrapping almost all around you, almost like Impressions de France at Epcot. I think they eventually used the center film strip as another film on Disneyland that came out later. I've seen it on the Disney Channel from time to time and I always say to myself, "Ha! That's just the center screen of that old Cinerama film!"

They did a CircleVision film of Disneyland too...if I recall. I think I saw that one too...but I'm a little fuzzy on the details. Not sure where it originally was screened at (perhaps a World's Fair somewhere). Might even have been just a demonstration film they did preparing for Circarama (CircleVision's predecessor) or the final 9-strip CircleVision proper. Anyway, I think I saw it somewhere. I recall there was a scene of the 3 Little Pigs and the camera panned as they walked by and the effect was rather like spinning in a teacup. Woooh! Don't think they ever used that particular camera movement again!

But the Cinerama one was really neat.

Now that I think about it...that would have really been nice for the 50th to transfer all 3 film strips to video and then screen the thing again with 3 razoredge flat panel monitors pushed together simulating Cinerama. That would have been fun to see again even that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy
    My favorite was a Cinerama one I recall going in to Hollywood and seeing at the Cinerama Dome. It was in the original 3-Strip wide-screen Cinerama process. I believe it was called "The Magic of Disneyland." It was a "featurette." I can't find anything on it on IMDB.com but I certainly recall seeing it. It was filmed in the 60's. Part of a whole slew of "travel" films the studios were experimenting with in Cinerama.

Anyway...it was really neat to see Disneyland in super wide-screen wrapping almost all around you, almost like Impressions de France at Epcot. I think they eventually used the center film strip as another film on Disneyland that came out later. I've seen it on the Disney Channel from time to time and I always say to myself, "Ha! That's just the center screen of that old Cinerama film!"

They did a CircleVision film of Disneyland too...if I recall. I think I saw that one too...but I'm a little fuzzy on the details. Not sure where it originally was screened at (perhaps a World's Fair somewhere). Might even have been just a demonstration film they did preparing for Circarama (CircleVision's predecessor) or the final 9-strip CircleVision proper. Anyway, I think I saw it somewhere. I recall there was a scene of the 3 Little Pigs and the camera panned as they walked by and the effect was rather like spinning in a teacup. Woooh! Don't think they ever used that particular camera movement again!

But the Cinerama one was really neat.

Now that I think about it...that would have really been nice for the 50th to transfer all 3 film strips to video and then screen the thing again with 3 razoredge flat panel monitors pushed together simulating Cinerama. That would have been fun to see again even that way.

I like that one too. I had no idea they did filmed it in that process. I have a copy of that episode....I'll give it a look see.

The one I would love to see is the 1959 Kodak special upon the opening of the Matterhorn, Submarine and Monorail. I have asked many people and no one seems to have a copy of that one.

www.magicalhotel.com

• Super saucy pixie!

I love Disneyland After Dark. I watch it frequently. Being in the park at night is probably my favorite time to go. There's a beautiful magic about it and I always felt that particular special captured it nicely. Warm summer nights, music, dancing, and of course some snacks! So nice!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
    I love Disneyland After Dark. I watch it frequently. Being in the park at night is probably my favorite time to go. There's a beautiful magic about it and I always felt that particular special captured it nicely. Warm summer nights, music, dancing, and of course some snacks! So nice!
    Mine too, although I think the scenes of Walt being continually being interrupted by autograph seekers were a bit contrived.

Can you imagine listening to "Satchmo" Louis Armstrong while aboard the Mark Twain? What fun that must have been -

--Barry

OFF TOPIC, BEATING A DEAD HORSE...

Anyone from Disney Channel reading this? Unlock Vault Disney, please..
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Mine too, although I think the scenes of Walt being continually being interrupted by autograph seekers were a bit contrived.

Can you imagine listening to "Satchmo" Louis Armstrong while aboard the Mark Twain? What fun that must have been -

--Barry

OFF TOPIC, BEATING A DEAD HORSE...

Anyone from Disney Channel reading this? Unlock Vault Disney, please..
    Here Here!!! PLEASE BRING BACK VAULT DISNEY!!!!!!

www.magicalhotel.com

• I'm not really here

For me it's a tie between the POTC and Announcement of Disneyland one.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16
    For me it's a tie between the POTC and Announcement of Disneyland one.
    Was this the one where Disneyland first opened on opening day or the first one in which they announced plans for building Disneyland?

www.magicalhotel.com

I remember a 20 minutes featurette that was shown on Vault Disney, called "Disneyland '61".
    It was basically a promotional film that highlighted what was new for that year and recapped what else the park had to offer. It had a catchy song sung by those type of early 60's vocal groups that Disney used to use all the time.
    It was pretty cool as it gave a great overview of the park at the time.
    I wish it would have been on the Disneyland USA DVD, but I'm hoping if there's another Disneyland Treasure, it'll show up there then.
    "I'll be in my bunk...."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast